The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lynn and Alex as World Ambassadors? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

globespinner 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-30-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lynn and Alex as World Ambassadors? "
Hardly. Lynne and Alex are like the rash that just won't go away. At first it's just a harmless itch and the scratching is strangely pleasant. But soon it gets more enflamed and you're ready to cut off your arm just to be rid of it.

Sure, I can jump on board with everyone else and say I'm SO over Romber and the "win at all costs" attitude. Editing aside, ignoring the wreck without somuch as a window roll-down or even saying, "I hope they're all right." The crack about Meredith pushing Gretchen down was really low, too. Great t.v., bad for the space-time continuum as they continue to upset the balance of the earth with evil.

BUT...I really have to say I'm totally over Lynn and Alex. I usually root for the gays and the oldsters (I'm in the former group now and will eventually be in the latter, so I have to have some empathy--there but for the grace of god go I...). But GIMME A BREAK! I thought Reichen and Chip were awesome (and cute) and of course Team Guido rocked. But mincing and flailing aside (and tired, stereotypical bit**y quotes that aren't even funny) their racist, insensitive comments were really over the top. They come from West Hollywood, which isn't really too far from Compton (geographically, anyway). It makes me think of the scene in Hairspray when Penny Pingleton's mother is dropped off in the "colored" part of Baltimore and she clings to her purse, screaming and cowering (sorry for those of you who haven't seen it, but you really must). They really need to get a better sense of social conscience--how ironic for them. What an embarrassment! Go back to the safety of Maxfield and Hamburger Mary's and leave the rest of the world to others.

On the OTHER hand--what a great job Gretchen and Meredith did (even though luck had a lot to do with it). When I think about Marshall and Lance (and the whining about the knee and quitting) and Hayden's whining about her sore fingers, what an awesome thing to see Gretchen pushing on. Don't know how long they'll hold out, but more power to them!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Please check for existing topics IceCat 03-30-05 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-30-05, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Please check for existing topics"
We already have a nice Lynn/Alex bash thread going here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=925&forum=DCForumID54&omm=0

Please feel free to copy your post to that existing thread.

Locking this thread as duplicate.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •