The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOMETHING FISHY....."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Supergrass 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-23-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOMETHING FISHY....."
I quoted this from one of TWOP's member....

Rob and Amber get lost and fumble to the correct destination. Rob and Amber complete the Road Block without TAR showing the time it took to complete the task. Even though Rob and Amber must drive 25 miles to the airport to make a flight that leaves in 30 minutes, they make it. Rob and Amber place first and receive a prize even though last leg's winners received nothing. On a scale of "something smells" I'd put it at the Mythbusters' pig-carcass-in-the-car stink. I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist (rigged games get in tons of trouble). But... something stinks.

The poster is referring to the last nights episode. Well said I guess. That makes me think that something is not right in this season's TAR.....

Thoughts, fellas?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SOMETHING FISHY..... newsomewayne 03-23-05 1
 RE: SOMETHING FISHY..... joatmon 03-23-05 2
   RE: SOMETHING FISHY..... HobbsofMI 03-23-05 4
 RE: SOMETHING FISHY..... PokerBear 03-23-05 3
 RE: SOMETHING FISHY..... arturbars 03-23-05 5
 Locking -- duplicate AyaK 03-23-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
1. "RE: SOMETHING FISHY....."
ummm...they used their $40 for the race to buy a time machine.

School Spirit by Syren, 2005

joatmon 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-23-05, 04:21 PM (EST)
2. "RE: SOMETHING FISHY....."
It really wasn't necessary to show Rob's time. He flew through the race and others walked and made it. The boys probably finished the horse challenge around 7:00 am. Two hours before Rob. He was shown being lost but that could have been done for suspense. This has been done before. If I was in a race I could go 25 miles pretty fast. They barely made the plane as it was. Like another poster said it was a charter so for it to be held up for 2 additional passengers that have already paid wouldn't be out of the question.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-05, 04:48 PM (EST)
4. "RE: SOMETHING FISHY....."
It was 25 KM not miles.....or 15 miles......

created by Syren

PokerBear 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-23-05, 04:48 PM (EST)
3. "RE: SOMETHING FISHY....."
I had the same thoughts earlier that it seemed Romber had a lot of help from the race to be that lucky. However, after talking to my husband about my observation, he said it is highly unlikely that cbs would manupilate the game to help them out. Think about the lawsuit coming up if any of the players find out.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-23-05, 05:55 PM (EST)
5. "RE: SOMETHING FISHY....."
I see your point on fishy smell arround Rob and Amber's luck, but i think it's all there is - lot's of LUCK. Even Rob himslef admited that he has a horseshoe up his azz! LOL

I mean they are good racers, but i don't think they are any better than any of the top 3 teams from previous shows. Unfortunatly this season has a bunch of moran teams that could not win the race from the couch to the bathroom even if their life depended on it, so Romber looks great compare to them. Then only two teams that are ok this season are borthers Brian and Greg and married couple Uchena and whatever her name...

That said, i would have to say that for me personally Rob and Amber (well mostly Rob, as Amber is a mere eye-candy) is one of the most interesting racers ever to watch. He makes this show exciting.

As for your conspiracy theories (in agreement with some of the previous post):
1. Them being lost is a suspence buildup. Every team looks lost when they drive - they all look at the map, stop for directions, miss exits and turns. Some of this gets edited in, some out. I think Rob was exaggerating some of it two - him and Amber are DAW enough to do that.
2. Rob smoked everyone's time in the roadblock and got a 'perfect' remark from the gaucho trainer. He looked faster on the horse than any of the other teams, even Greg and he finished in 32 sec or something like that.
3. I can make 25 miles in 15 mintues if i wanted to, and i am not even talking about 25 km - so there is no probelm there. Another thing is why did the airline allowed them on the plane - well that's just Rob and Amber's luck that i was talking about.

Anyway, I hope they go till the end, but i hope they come in third - either the brothers or Uchena and his wife deserve to win this one.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-05, 06:10 PM (EST)
6. "Locking -- duplicate"
Romber catching the plane is discussed on this thread:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID54/918.shtml

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •