The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BUNCHING"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-08-04, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"BUNCHING"
God DAMN I am sick of all the bunching. Let's see what "bunch" points we had last night.

1. At the tower. This kinda backfired on the producers, as half the teams didn't bother to actually go TO the tower and check the opening time. But that was the plan.
2. At the airport. Pretty much everyone got on the same flight, except Jonathon/Victoria, who still met up with them in Paris.
3. At the graveyard. Everyone gets there late at night, but can't get in until morning.
4. At the ferry to the pit stop. 5 teams met up at the ferry, and if Don/MJ and Gus/Hera hadn't gone fishin, they would've been there as well probably. As a result, we're going to have 5 teams leaving within minutes of each other.

Why not just tie all the teams together and have them travel in a big line? This has to be why they've started giving trips to EVERY first place finisher- so there's actually incentive to try. Otherwise, why push yourself to finish first when all you really have to worry about is not being last, since you know everyone will get caught up at some point in the leg.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 concurrence within cqvenus 12-08-04 1
 RE: BUNCHING seahorse 12-08-04 2
 RE: BUNCHING Oscirus 12-08-04 3
 RE: BUNCHING creativelyinsane 12-08-04 4
   RE: BUNCHING Earl Colby Pottinger 12-08-04 10
 RE: BUNCHING gatortod 12-08-04 5
 Town Tower in Stockholm trigirl 12-08-04 6
   RE: Town Tower in Stockholm Ontario TAR Fan 12-08-04 7
       RE: Town Tower in Stockholm trigirl 12-08-04 8
       RE: Town Tower in Stockholm PepeLePew13 12-08-04 9
   RE: Town Tower in Stockholm Risti 12-09-04 12
 RE: BUNCHING warp_core breach 12-08-04 11
 RE: BUNCHING KObrien_fan 12-09-04 13
   RE: BUNCHING KMan 12-13-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-04, 08:49 AM (EST)
1. "concurrence within"

i completely agree with draco.

this is the first entire season of TAR i'm actually watching, and i was wondering how they dare call this a race if all the people have to really worry about is not being last.

it makes viewers new to the show think the producers are a bunch of tools. wait... oh, yeah.

~ cq

not feeling festive enough yet to bring out the xmas siggie

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-04, 08:51 AM (EST)
2. "RE: BUNCHING"
It was the absolute worst this week, but remember the producers ultimate goal is to keep the race close so that there is sme drama and that we are not sure about the outcome. THis week they did outdo themselves with the amount of bunching, however.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-08-04, 08:58 AM (EST)
3. "RE: BUNCHING"
They definately need to cut the crap. With all this bunching they are just taking all of their wildecards out of play. I mean whats the point of using the yield when it is a pretty safe bet that bunching will occur soon after. then again I can see their point olin/ christie owned the race and o never mind.

creativelyinsane 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-08-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
4. "RE: BUNCHING"
Ahhh... and add to the bunching the constant "X location doesn't open until X time."

Bunching at the airports and train stations are annoying, but unavoidable. Bunching at landmarks IS, and these producers need to quit sending people that get to leave at 3am to places that don't open until 7am. They know when planning the race that the racers are going to be able to finish at odd times in the afternoon and therefore leave in the middle of the morning, yet I have yet to see them actually start a leg with a destination that's open at that time.

C'mon, guys... let some of the teams get a good head start for a change. Make this a true race!

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-08-04, 08:54 PM (EST)
10. "RE: BUNCHING"
>Ahhh... and add to the bunching the constant "X location doesn't open until X time."

>Bunching at the airports and train stations are annoying, but unavoidable.
> Bunching at landmarks IS, and these producers need to quit sending people that get to leave at 3am to places that don't open until 7am. They know when planning the race that the racers are going to be able to finish at odd times in the afternoon and therefore leave in the middle of the morning, yet I have yet to see them actually start a leg with a destination that's open at that time.

>C'mon, guys... let some of the teams get a good head start for a change. Make this a true race!

I agree, the start of the race would have been better if it started at 5 or 6 am. Can you imagine the look on the first place runners then if they tried waiting to 10?

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-08-04, 10:15 AM (EST)
5. "RE: BUNCHING"
I agree that this episode had plenty of bunching.

Interestingly, if you look at the departure times for the groups at the beginning of Ep 4, the first team left at 2 am and the last team at 7:30 am. The teams did not seem that far apart in Ep3.

Without bunching, we would not have a race as teams would be 12-24 hr ahead of each other.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-08-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
6. "Town Tower in Stockholm"
This might have been an occasion when the producers hadn't counted on as much bunching. The stupidity of the lead groups! Would you not go and check the sign for yourself?!?!

I did a quick check on travelocity and there are a few flights that leave Stockholm earlier than the 11:30 Air France flight the gang all took. If the yahoos that left the pitstop at 2:00 am had been to the tower at 7:00 am as planned, they might have been able to get to the airport by 8:00 and been underway.

Ontario TAR Fan 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-08-04, 10:39 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Town Tower in Stockholm"
Then why were those teams like Team Wuss that were at the tower at 7am not able to get a better flight?

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-08-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Town Tower in Stockholm"
Good point...maybe it took them too long to get to the airport. The high speed train that goes directly to the airport is faster than driving.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-04, 11:50 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Town Tower in Stockholm"
Because Adam was too busy crying that it distracted him and Rebecca from actually focussing on the task at hand, that's why.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-04, 03:51 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Town Tower in Stockholm"
Admittedly, I'm not an expert on these matters, but couldn't some of those flights have been full? Same-day booking and all?

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-08-04, 11:49 PM (EST)
11. "RE: BUNCHING"
Yeah, what is it with this season of TAR? Last night was the worst but bunching has occurred an inordinate amount of times this season.

YAWN...

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-04, 06:48 AM (EST)
13. "RE: BUNCHING"
I agree that the bunching is disgustingly overdone this season moreso than ever. It also gives the teams that are in first place a disadvantage. Think about it this way. You leave a comfy cozy resting place at the pitstop to get up in the middle of the night, travel to your destination and find that it is not open for another 6 hours. Now do you sleep on the ground outside? If you go to a hotel you have to pay to get a room and therefore are at a disadvantage (unless they get extra money for this but I don't think so), though most teams curled up on couaches in the lobby (which I don't know why a hotel would allow this unless it was a special arrangement).

But even still, the other teams get a decent nights sleep at their pitstop and do not get interrupted and have to chose the ground or a couch. Interrupted sleep like that is worse than no sleep in many cases for certain people.

2004 ASS Trivia Champ

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
14. "RE: BUNCHING"
I was thinking the same thing. If I was a team that had 6 hours before someplace opened, I might even head back to the pitstop to get some free shuteye without having to go to a hotel.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •