The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"IN RETROSPECT. "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

venomousveins 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-22-04, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"IN RETROSPECT. "
Hindsight IS always 20/20.

It's all becoming clear to me now....

Regular posters have complained about constantly seeing Colin's annoying TV commercials for his business... maybe we should've realized.... that if HE won the million bucks, he'd probably be flat on his backside LAUGHING somewhere, not out hustling to make another dollar in his crummy store. Maybe he and Toad Girl had a little "consolation" agreement to "just go ahead and MAKE their OWN million d--- dollars!" Yep. Sounds about right.

And all that "God" stuff that we had to endure from Brandumb and Nicole.... I suppose we just got our noses rubbed in it so much because it was only gonna get them as far as THIRD place. Anybody wanna whine about being forced to watch "religious programming" now??? And while we're talking "spiritual" - hey, Christie- THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "KARMA". Not for YOU, anyway... you thought that Chip was guaranteed to suffer for "backstabbing" you -is that even a word?- or maybe Chip had simply been investing a little more in "good" karma, by being a NICE GUY.... unlike the approach of yourself and your wonderful Loser Boy....!

Anyway, Chip and Kim - you two really did put on a good show.

Thanks for making it a HAPPY ending, and not the one that we were DREADING!!!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: IN RETROSPECT. dabo 09-22-04 1
   RE: IN RETROSPECT. veritas 09-22-04 2
 RE: IN RETROSPECT. Furious_George 09-22-04 3
   RE: IN RETROSPECT. okaychatt 09-22-04 5
       RE: IN RETROSPECT. Furious_George 09-22-04 7
           RE: IN RETROSPECT. nailbone 09-22-04 10
           RE: IN RETROSPECT. okaychatt 09-22-04 13
 RE: IN RETROSPECT. samboohoo 09-22-04 4
   RE: IN RETROSPECT. cracer 09-22-04 6
   RE: IN RETROSPECT. Just Plain Bill 09-22-04 8
       RE: IN RETROSPECT. zeako 09-25-04 28
           RE: IN RETROSPECT. Starshine 09-25-04 29
   RE: IN RETROSPECT. Efjendar 09-22-04 11
 RE: IN RETROSPECT. Urban_Kitten 09-22-04 9
   RE: IN RETROSPECT. Spider 09-22-04 12
   RE: IN RETROSPECT. venomousveins 09-22-04 14
       RE: IN RETROSPECT. Spider 09-23-04 15
           RE: IN RETROSPECT. samboohoo 09-23-04 17
           RE: IN RETROSPECT. venomousveins 09-23-04 18
               RE: IN RETROSPECT. Spidey 09-23-04 19
                   RE: IN RETROSPECT. venomousveins 09-23-04 20
                       Spidey's high post number IceCat 09-23-04 21
                           RE: Spidey's high post number venomousveins 09-23-04 22
                               RE: Spidey's high post number TeamJoisey 09-23-04 23
                                   RE: Spidey's high post number venomousveins 09-24-04 24
                                       RE: Spidey's high post number PepeLePew13 09-24-04 25
                                       All three posts that you refer to IceCat 09-24-04 27
                                           RE: All three posts that you refer ... venomousveins 10-29-04 32
                                               Let's not forget... IceCat 10-29-04 33
                                   RE: Spidey's high post number TeamJoisey 10-30-04 34
                       RE: IN RETROSPECT. Spidey 09-24-04 26
 RE: IN RETROSPECT. Furious_George 09-23-04 16
 RE: IN RETROSPECT. Ra_8secs 09-29-04 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-04, 02:10 AM (EST)
1. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
Oh, Gawd, does this mean she'll be in Playboy or he'll be in Playgirl?

veritas 28 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-04, 08:40 AM (EST)
2. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
I would pay to see her in Playboy. I think she is shallow, self-centered, and devoid of ethics or character...but she is hot.

Bill from CT
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Beat up mountain bike
30 pack of Red Dog
Life is good

Furious_George 41 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-04, 08:55 AM (EST)
3. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
I wasn't disappointed in the outcome, but I know for sure that C&C had a nuclear meltdown which we weren't allowed to see. After they got out of their high-priced Lincoln taxi (which they are still making payments on), they saw Chip & Kim on the platform, threw themselves to the ground, cursing and wailing and throwing handfuls of sod into the air. This went on for quite some time, and, of course, Phil eventually asked them if they'd rather have something a little more respectable to air in the big finale.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-22-04, 10:03 AM (EST)
5. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
"I know for sure that C&C had a nuclear meltdown which we weren't allowed to see."

Hi FuriousGeorge. Do you have a link to that information? I'd like to read it.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

09-22-04, 11:45 AM (EST)
7. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
I.... ummmm.... heard Dan Rather talking about it. And he refuses to divulge his sources.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
10. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
*snicker*

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Omnia in bonum o-

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-22-04, 10:25 PM (EST)
13. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
" heard Dan Rather talking about it. "

Aha. You got me good on that one.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-04, 09:26 AM (EST)
4. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
Say what you will about Colin and Christie, but the fact is that they were a dominant force in this race. Maybe Colin is a big jerk, and he's probably not someone I would chose to date in real life, but he is a competitor, as is Christie. In all honesty, they should have won. They lost due to something that really was out of their control: fog. And contrary to what Chip and Kim think, their yielding Colin and Christie didn't send them into an unrecoverable tailspin. In fact, it only fueled them to do better.

While I really have nothing against Chip and Kim, they really did luck into that win. By being in third place, they came across a vital piece of information about the delayed flight and thus were able to get a different flight. Had they been first or second, they would have been in the same boat as C&C and B&N. I do give them credit for using the yield because it was a strategic thing to do in a game where you ultimately are playing for yourselves.

Colin and Christie, like them or not, were victims of unfortunate circumstances. Early on in the race when they used the FF, that was strategic and smart on their part because it gave them a huge lead and kept another team from using it (especially considering there were only 2 this time). That huge lead was lost due to bunching caused by time issues. And then a delayed flight at the end hurt them.

Looking back, perhaps C&C should have never checked luggage (I probably would have just trashed it at that point), and they could have gotten up earlier to confirm their flight. But at that point, I don't even think C&K would have done that. Colin even thought ahead to have a car waiting for them at the airport, perhaps he should have called for a helo too to airlift them over the traffic jam.

Oh well, onto next season.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

cracer 35 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-04, 11:41 AM (EST)
6. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-04 AT 11:44 AM (EST)

They lost due
>to something that really was
>out of their control:
>fog.

I completely disagree. They lost because (1) they slept instead of rechecking their flights; (2) they checked their luggage - post 9/11, everyone should know that you are severely restricted in making any flight changes if you have checked luggage; and (3) they should have booked on more than one flight - especially given the foggy conditions. On this show, there are often harsh consequences of seemingly out of control situations (e.g. fog, a slow taxi driver, etc) - but the best teams seem to deal with these setbacks more productively or take certain steps to ensure that they can't get sidetracked by them. I guess this is all easy for me to say in hindsight! But Colin normally was very good at doing those things - he often booked multiple flights and his idea of hiring the taxi driver was good - but he seemed to slip in the last leg...

>
>While I really have nothing against
>Chip and Kim, they really
>did luck into that win.

Chip and Kim did seem to have luck on their side. But don't forget that they made some very key strategic decisions (i.e. using the yield on C&C; lying to B/N on the flag task; choosing the quick luge even after they crashed on it; not telling the other teams about the flight delay) that got them that far.

Just Plain Bill 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-22-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
8. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
>Say what you will about Colin and Christie, but the fact
is that they were a dominant force in this race. Maybe Colin is a big jerk, and he's probably not someone I would chose
to date in real life, but he is a competitor, as is Christie. In all honesty, they should have won.>

> By being in third place, they came across a vital piece of information about the delayed flight and thus were able to get a different flight.>

If the Race were scored like the Tour de France (cumulative times) C & C would certainly have been the winners. But it isn't. Once a leg is over, it's over and as long as you've not been eliminated your team has just as good a shot at victory as any other. The way the race is structured being first on a given leg may stroke the ego, but it really doesn't generate all that much of an advantage going forward.

Chip & Kim played the entire race and didn't let their 3rd place finish get them down. Instead of moping, they got smart. "Luck" happens when opportunity meets preparedness.

zeako 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-25-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
28. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
In fact, the race is similar to the Tour de France. Cumulative time is what counts. The only difference is that teams start out relative to their time deficit in the previous leg. It took Chip and Kim less time to complete the entire race than it took Colin and Kristie.

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-04, 05:38 PM (EST)
29. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
>In fact, the race is similar
>to the Tour de France.
>Cumulative time is what counts.
>The only difference is that
>teams start out relative to
>their time deficit in the
>previous leg. It took Chip
>and Kim less time to
>complete the entire race than
>it took Colin and Kristie.
>

I thought the same, however I think that the point is that Colin and Christie spent a lot more time waiting for pyramids, airports, towers etc. to open, so they spent less time racing even though they spent more time on the race itself.

Efjendar 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-22-04, 04:31 PM (EST)
11. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
If the Race were scored like the Tour de France (cumulative times)...

Excellent point, Just Plain Bill. There are no "do overs" and the racers did what they thought best at the time.

What is a DAW?<----click

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-22-04, 02:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
I have to agree with Cracer ... had it been me (and knowing that this was the last leg of the race), I'd be camping out at airport and checking my flight every 2 hours. They should have been on the ball enough to know that
fog = cancellations/delays. Then that business with the checked bags in Denver.... yeesh. Both Colon/Polyp and the Pretty Christians deserved their losses.

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-04, 10:00 PM (EST)
12. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
Urbankitten, I could not agree with you more.

I was yelling at CC, before Chip an Kim, to stay at the airport and check their flights. Forget sleeping. Get some coffee.
12 legs of no checking in, 1 million dollars to win, and they change their winning routine and check in. Even if they can leave it at the airport it is a factor that they have not done until now and they have won nearly every leg. Surely common sense and history would have played a part.

09-22-04, 10:40 PM (EST)
14. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
What I can't help but find INCOMPREHENSIBLE is the number of folks that still want to give C&C a pass, no matter WHAT kind of psychopatic behavior they exhibited... or how they actually played the game. Is it necessary to keep one eye closed the whole time, or what? There are posters who have been defending C&C to the death, acting like they can just do no wrong. They wanna run pedestrians over? We won't criticize them for that. They laugh while the Lincoln "taxi" driver flies down the shoulder of the highway, and they urge him to continue SPEEDING... so what - they haven't broken any laws!!! (OOOPS! Can't use THAT excuse for them any more!)
It blows my mind that anybody could have stuck with them to the end. Makes me wonder what criteria they used when deciding to take their side in the first place, because their LOVE for them has been unshakeable!!!!

Creepy stuff, man!!!!

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-04, 02:38 AM (EST)
15. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
Venomous veins,

I am a fan of Colin and Christie only becasue of their racing ability, not their humanity. I think they have serious issues in that area but its hard to disagree that they are good at racing.

Although the rules had changed for this race, they are still the only team to have won that many legs and did not win in the end because of any major errors prior to the last leg. Arrogant yes but good racers, thats all.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-04, 09:06 AM (EST)
17. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
Exactly, Spider.

And at least Nicky admitted she did nothing. And I do like Chip and Kim, but Chip carried that team the whole entire time. Kim, however, is seen by a lot of people as the hero because she happened to stumble onto critical information. At least in the end, they kept it to themselves, and were rewarded.

It was a great finale and a great race. I really would have rather seen it not come down to a flight issue.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

09-23-04, 02:54 PM (EST)
18. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
"I am a fan of Colin and Christie only becasue of their racing ability, not their humanity. I think they have serious issues in that area but its hard to disagree that they are good at racing."

Sorry, but MY actual focus was NOT about their horrendou s personal behavior! I pointed out the fact that they were not above "cheating" or breaking the law (since some posters have insisted that they ran a clean race)... and you conveniently ignored that part and restated that they are such great racers. Which is where I left off. I just don't get it.... they SUCKED at the caviar and the ostrich egg tasks, they SUCKED at finding the painting in the museum, they SUCKED in the mud with the cow, they SUCKED at finding the Philippine flag, they SUCKED at climbing the snow-covered hill... okay, they can drink a shot of vodka off a sword blade... and THAT makes them fantastic racers??? It's already been stated about 37 times in here that C&C had NO physical competition in 99% of the challenges- just plump moms, scrawny girls, a hefty Chip, and a WUSS... so, my (redundant) question STILL is: WHY does ANYBODY want to continue declaring them The Undisputed Champeens Of All Time???!!!!!! They managed to beat the weak competiton (BIG achievement) to half of the pit sto ps, and got to start first the next day. They finally had a turn to start off LAST... and, since they are such GREAT RACERS, driving down the shoulder of the road and speeding when they got the chance (while Chip& Kim sat still in traffic) they came in SECOND PLACE. THEY SUCKED. AND THEY LOST.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-04, 04:15 PM (EST)
19. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
WHY does ANYBODY want to continue declaring them The Undisputed Champeens Of All Time???!!!!!!

Because I love the bad guys and always root for them. And because it really ticks other people off.

COLIN and CHRISTIE ROCK!!!!

Would love to have enough time on my hands to lose my sh!t over what other anonymous people's opinions are of characters/people none of us will ever meet

09-23-04, 07:14 PM (EST)
20. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
"Would love to have enough time on my hands to lose my sh!t over what other anonymous people's opinions are of characters/people none of us will ever meet"

Spidey 3382 desperate attention whore postings

It would appear that you are already living that dream.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-04, 07:22 PM (EST)
21. "Spidey's high post number"
... reflects a long time association with this online community ie: multiple years.

I suggest you refrain from making this kind of disparaging remark about any member of the message board.

Please refer to the Board Guidelines if you have any questions.

09-23-04, 10:17 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Spidey's high post number"
... reflects a long time association with this online community ie: multiple years."

Yeah, I signed up a couple of years ago, but I'm apparently not as big a "DAW" as "Spidey". So I still get the "newbie" treatment... and nothing I say will be taken as anything but SPITEFUL. No matter how harmless and clever.

Or maybe YOU just have an attitude problem. You remind me of the school kid who gets a job as a 'Hall Monitor'. Or the rookie cop who wants to make a name for himself FAST.

Some people can't deal with "having authority" because they feel to strong of a need to ASSERT it all of the time.

There - I guess I made a "disparaging remark " about YOU.

Better hurry up and DELETE this before somebody gets a LAUGH at YOUR expense.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-23-04, 11:25 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Spidey's high post number"
Veins, please take this in the spirit of moderation in which it is intended.

If you in fact signed up years ago, then perhaps you have been reading these boards for a while. If so, you haven't been very attentive to the atmosphere.

This is a moderated discussion board, not a chat room, and as such it has rules and moderators. IceCat is one of the moderators. He is neither a rookie cop nor an overzealous hall monitor.

Spidey has been around since Jeff Probst was a nobody. He's got his likes and dislikes, just as we all do. He happens to embrace the folks who are edited as villainous, probably because they make great television.

In any case, both are highly respected members of this online community, and both have been through lots of disgreements here. This particular issue isn't worth the agita to you or them.
Let it rest.

TJ

09-24-04, 08:08 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Spidey's high post number"
As far as the original "Spidey" post, it was done in JEST. In GOOD HUMOR. How did I attack him? I thought that pointing out the OBVIOUS would be taken in the lighthearted manner it was INTENDED. Maybe a lame "winking smiley" would've helped. But you just never know, because a certain moderator seems to pick which people he's going to crack down on.. and EVERYTHING they say is then judged as being "borderline"!!!

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID54/571.shtml

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID54/572.shtml

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID54/641.shtml#11

Thank you and have a nice day. I know I will.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-04, 08:37 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Spidey's high post number"
VV... the mods have already stepped in those threads, so I'm not sure what your point is to rehash these.

You have been asked to tone it down, and I'd suggest that you respect the comments from the mods. Your post above in response to IceCat was clearly over the line coming from someone who supposedly lurked for two years. Clearly you haven't lurked enough to notice how IceCat and other mods have done business around here.

This place (SurvivorBlows and RealityTVWorld) is second to none in ability to keep control over a place and allow people to run free and have a good time. There's a reason why this place doesn't delve into uncontrollable chaos like other sites (*cough*Sucksforone*cough*).

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

09-24-04, 07:52 PM (EST)
27. "All three posts that you refer to"
are related to the same incident. An incident involving a post that not less than 5 people chose to press the Alert button on.

Anyone who wishes to post here must comply with the fairly simple guidelines detailed here.

BTW: The people I 'crack down on' pick themselves by failing to treat other posters with simple common respect which is the standard for behavior in this community.

10-29-04, 10:09 AM (EST)
32. "RE: All three posts that you refer to"
"BTW: The people I 'crack down on' pick themselves by failing to treat other posters with simple common respect which is the standard for behavior in this community."

Judge. Jury. Executioner.

Around and around and around we go.

I showed "respe ct". I thought it was a harmless, good-natured REPLY to HIS rather questionable jab at ME.

Humorous, even.

As I've TRIED to communicate, one obviously has to make a thousand comments in here before they can 'kid around' as they want to. The high-num ber DAWS are revered as godlike (regardless of their remarks), and the low number posters get every word scrutinized with a microscope. Nobody has taken offense to my posts but YOU.
t

10-29-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
33. "Let's not forget..."
Nobody has taken offense to my posts but YOU.

Plus the 5 people who pressed the alert button on your post.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-30-04, 00:16 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Spidey's high post number"
My apologies to Spidey, who is not a he, but a she.

And I'm stunned to see this thread still drawing posts.

What a urinatin' match.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-04, 04:30 PM (EST)
26. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
As you have been told, I have participated on these boards for years and in actuality have a far lower post count than many who have only been here for months.

In addition, there are several other forums here that deal with all things OTHER than tv. And that is where I mostly post.

Finally, even if I did post an exhorbinant amount, I don't tend to argue with people's reasons for liking or disliking contestants. And THAT was my point.

No offense taken to your post. I am a DAW, just not a righteously indignant one. Enjoy your day.

And to whomever said I like the bad guys for giving me good tv, you nailed it. And better them on tv than in my neighborhood!

09-23-04, 08:19 AM (EST)
16. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
I just can't handle watching Colin's skank-woman....I mean, Dream Babe when she is frantic. All thru the last leg, she was so worried about losing the money that her eyes were popping out of her skull, and she was constantly playing with her greasy hair or scratching her head or fiddling with her giant nightcrawler lips. NASTY. And she looked like she had a coating of vaseline on her face most of the time- is that a "beauty queen" thing? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-29-04, 01:58 PM (EST)
31. "RE: IN RETROSPECT. "
So Chip won!?
And Kim was along for the ride, wasn't she?

we did a Roving Report summary of Ep 3.

Did a new show start last night?

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •