The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is CBS editing going downhill?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

TARJUNKIE999 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-28-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is CBS editing going downhill?"
After a spectacular start to Season 5, I have come to the realization that CBS may be leaving some of the best parts of the race on the cutting room floor.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy every second of every TAR show, but why do I have to go to the Insider section of the CBS web site to see jerky snippets of interesting and insightful videos of the racers. Instead we have been subjected to tedious footage of teams jockying for position at the ticket counters of airports/bus/train stations. Why have this seasons winners/losers been decided so soon by poor choices in ticket reservations. The last two losers have both been on the last plane out of the previous pit stop. Makes all the remaining tasks seem superfluous. Enough with the endless footage of airports! It's a race, stupid!

And as far as local footage of the race cities, last nights episode could have been filmed in Cleveland, not St Petersburg, given we didn't see much of this 16th century city. What gives with that?

Hopefully the folks at CBS will wake up and give it's viewers the creative editing they deserve and expect. Anyone else care to chime in?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is CBS editing going downhill? sittem 07-28-04 1
 what is not shown gatortod 07-28-04 2
 CBS editing gatortod 07-28-04 3
   RE: CBS editing Sunny_Bunny 07-28-04 4
 A different view realitybites 07-28-04 5
   RE: A different view Wertle 08-08-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-28-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Is CBS editing going downhill?"
Yes, I'll agree with that. I've had enough of airport stuff. I find the info on the website generally much more interesting that all the travel carp.

Give me a lot less of aimless walking in airports, standing in lines, loading planes and running to taxis. Focus more on tasks and conflict (and cooperation if it happens). I want to see who these people are, not watch them standing around the airport, etc. It'd be more interesting to know how they felt after 20 hours on a bus and thousands of miles in the air.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-28-04, 01:11 PM (EST)
2. "what is not shown"
After visiting the CBS Insider video site, I now know that Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole almost missed the express bus because they were buying plane tickets at the travel agents. That could have changed the whole episode.

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-28-04, 01:12 PM (EST)
3. "CBS editing"
It would be interesting to take different directors, give them all the footage shot on TAR, and see how the episodes differ.

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-28-04, 01:33 PM (EST)
4. "RE: CBS editing"
That would be a cool idea! It might eliminate the "story arc" quality of editing. I dont want to see a bloody soap opera, I want to enjoy the race.

Newest inductee into "the club." They even gave me a new tub to sleep in, see?

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-28-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
5. "A different view"
Dull as the airport/bus terminal scenes may seem, they tend to be important in determining who stays and who goes. I'm glad that they tell us what happens there, for that reason.

Considering that this leg had almost 3 days' worth of footage for 8 teams, plus Phil's cutscenes, plus miscellaneous footage, and I think the editors did a pretty good job.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

Wertle 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-08-04, 02:14 AM (EST)
6. "RE: A different view"
>>>After visiting the CBS Insider video site, I now know that Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole almost missed the express bus because they were buying plane tickets at the travel agents. That could have changed the whole episode.

But it didn't. That's why they didn't show it. The editors already have a lot to cram in. They won't put something in that doesn't directly affect the standings.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •