The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 5 Results"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-09-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 5 Results"
Colin/Christie use the Fast Forward even though they are hours ahead of everybody else. They also use it on a non-elimination leg.

Chip/Kim help Kami/Karli find the clue box and are passed by Brandon/Nicole while doing it.

Linda/Karen go to the domestic airport in St. Petersburg instead of the international airport. They have to wait until the next morning to catch a flight out of St. Petersburg.

Kami/Karli and Linda/Karen have trouble finding the yellow stones. They finish 6th and 7th respectively.

After completing the roadblock, Kami/Karli don't bother to put the puzzle together and wander aimlessly in the desert.

Congratulations to Kami/Karli for winning the Not So Move of the Week for Episode 5.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... love2smile 08-09-04 1
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... okaychatt 08-09-04 2
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... seahorse 08-10-04 3
   RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... dabo 08-10-04 4
       RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... seahorse 08-10-04 6
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... buscemi 08-10-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-09-04, 09:47 AM (EST)
1. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 5 Results"
Ok.....now I'm confused.....I thought that they took out the fast forward because I haven't heard it mentioned! LOL Am I crazy or have I not been paying too close attention this season??

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-09-04, 06:33 PM (EST)
2. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 5 Results"
RE: Fast Forward - If they have a mandatory 12 hour rest and others arrive much later, wouldn't the FF allow Colin/Christie to get a head start on the next leg, which will probably be an elimination? If so, would that mean they have a perpetual lead over the others?

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-10-04, 00:51 AM (EST)
3. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 5 Results"
#1 They might still be looking if not for Chip.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-04, 01:48 AM (EST)
4. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 5 Results"
Their cameraman would have needed to get some shuteye eventually and probably have gone, "pssst, over there!"

Darn that Chip anyway, though, if not for him it would be the Twins not the Moms peddling their apples in Egypt.

SMILES ARE FREE

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-04, 11:18 AM (EST)
6. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 5 Results"
You are right, that little bit of help from Chip could have a huge effect on the outcome of the race.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-10-04, 10:08 AM (EST)
5. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 5 Results"
I'm not sure how C/C using the Fast Forward could be considered a bad move:

1. There are only 2 Fast Forwards the entire race. This means that C/C could either use it now or hope that they get it when its used for a second time. but think about it: Wouldn't the team in 1st place next time automatically go for the Fast Forward? If the 2nd Fast Forward is the last one, what reason would there be for the 1st place team to skip it? It's not like they're saving it. Thus, the only thing that C/C foreclosed by taking the Fast Forward was the opportunity to use the 2nd Fast Forward if they are in 1st place for it. The odds of that aren't great, and even if this does take place, it's not a huge deal for them to have to skip the Fast Forward if they are in 1st.

2. I'm under the impression that teams don't know which legs are non-elimination until the end. Therefore, I don't see why this would sway C/C.

3. Even if the Fast Forward will come to naught with some equalization, C/C still got some much needed rest by bypassing the rest of the leg. Assuming whatever they need to do doesn't open until 9:00 A.M., they had almost 24 hours of rest from racing.

4. Let's at least see in tonight's episode if the Fast Forward helped them. Sure, we seem them battling with C/M, but maybe that's only after an error by C/C after they kept a lead.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •