The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TSI Episode 3: Two Tickets to Elimination"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-30-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"TSI Episode 3: Two Tickets to Elimination"
Yeah, I know I'm behind a week. I'll get caught up.

TSI Episode 3: Two Tickets to Elimination

Previously on TSI…Alison and Donny got what they deserved.

As I mentioned in the last TSI, this would require a lot more effort now that reality TV’s last power-couple-of-the-minute left the party. Add to it an episode where the outcome was decided before they got off the first freakin’ plane, and you can understand why I had a hard time prioritizing this over doing baby laundry. On the plus side, I don’t have to elaborate a lot in this episode, since most of the mistakes could be forgotten amidst the egregious error.

This TSI could also be called TAR 101, since we saw some flagrant violations of basic things that by the fifth installment of the Race should be obvious. I think even young Baby Bebo – at a whopping 5 weeks – could figure out some of this stuff.

On to the scores (parenthesis shows position in Race followed by ranking in last week’s TSI).

T-1. Colin & Christie (1st, 1st) – Are we supposed to be turned on by the bare-chested shots of Colin in the intro? Doesn’t work for me. 5 Omarosas for such a cheesy attempt at DAWdom. I will Trump this team, though, for Colin’s strategy of being nice to other teams early in the Race so that they’ll provide C&C Music Factory with information later. Only time will tell if the strategy works, but he gets credit for thinking ahead.

Priceless quotes:
“Just stop talking, OK?” Um, Colin, that’s not the way to make your lady swoon over you.

This week:5 Omarosas
Overall: 1 Trump, 30 Omarosas

T-1. Bob & Joyce (4th, 2nd) – Were they even in this episode?

This week: Didn’t care enough to give them anything.
Overall: 1 Trump, 30 Omarosas

3. Brandon & Nicole (3rd, 4th) – Are we supposed to be turned on by the bare-chested shots of Brandon in the intro? Doesn’t work for me. 5 Omarosas for such a cheesy attempt at DAWdom. Somehow, I don’t think God wanted Brandon to tell Nicole to stop the car in the middle of the mud. Surprise, surprise, they got stuck. Surprise, surprise, I gave them Omarosas for that. And it wouldn’t be a TAR episode without a God Squad quote, this time courtesy of Nicole: “I’m just trying to trust in the Lord.”

Had to give them credit, though, for wisely using the time on their flight to get the exact directions to their next route marker from a fellow passenger. That sort of initiative earns them a Trump.

Priceless Quotes:
“I’ve got a bigger stomach.” Brandon, is that really why you wanted to do the chocolate roadblock, or were you worried about recreating the woman eating the forbidden food story?

This week: 1 Trump, 35 Omarosas
Overall: 1 Trump, 130 Omarosas

4. Chip & Kim (7th, T-7th) Brak brak brak bottom feeders brak brak brak twins brak brak brak Race. Yawn.

Priceless Quotes:
“My nickname for the twins is the bad seeds.” Wow, with friends like these…

“Look, I gotta walk bowlegged now.” Chip the Sky Cowboy. Woohoo.

“We’re such stemwads.” Um, I’m not familiar with that term. Don’t think I want an explanation, either.

This week: Not worth the effort to write anything down
Overall: 140 Omarosas

T-5. Linda & Karen (6th, 6th)

During the paragliding, it looked like Linda was going to chicken out. This could hurt the team in future legs, since Karen might reconsider doing some of the more challenging Detours out of concern that Linda wouldn’t finish.

Priceless Quotes:
“You forgot my middle name’s Mario Andretti!” Gee, I thought it was a Southern tradition to take middle names from auto racing.

This week: 30 Omarosas
Overall: 160 Omarosas

T-5. Marshall & Lance (3rd, 8th) – If Charla & Mirna’s gimmick is to get lost during each episode, these guys corner the market on car trouble, following up on last week’s taxi running out of gas fiasco by getting a flat tire in this episode. And even though both of them carry spare tires around their midsections, those were of little use to them in getting through the car trouble. Speaking of their spare tires, who would have thunk that they were the ones who would struggle with the chocolate challenge?

Editor’s Note: During this episode, I actually was able to tell Marshall & Lance apart. However, I still didn’t care.

Note to guys: At some point, your strategy to finish next-to-last is going to fail. After all, if you finish next-to-last in the last leg, that means you don’t win. Just sayin’.

Priceless Quotes:
“Marshall & I are not body builder type physiques.” Hello, Obvious Award.

“Dude, who said two fat Jewish guys can’t change a tire.”

“You’re not going to throw up, you’ll be fine.” Gee Lance, you said you don’t even like sweets, yet you’re criticizing your partner for eating what you didn’t want?

“You do know what the color white is?”

This week: 80 Omarosas
Overall: 160 Omarosas

7. Kami & Karli (5th, 9th) – They were relatively non-annoying this episode.

Priceless Quotes:
“I think Chip is an ass.” Takes one to know one, sugar.

This week: Who cares?
Overall: 180 Omarosas

8. Charla & Mirna (2nd, T-7th) – OK, Charla getting electrocuted by the fence didn’t hurt them in the Race, and it provided some humor to a dark, muddy situation, but it’s still worth awarding some Os. In an “I Miss Donny & Alison” moment, I wonder if Alison would have tried to trick Donny into peeing on the electric fence in an effort to remind him who had the cojones in that partnership. Hey, was anyone surprised when Charla & Mirna got lost during this episode? Since it happens every freakin’ episode, I think the bigger surprise would be them actually finding their destinations without incident.

Speaking of retreads, we once again get to hear Charla talking about how willing people are to help her. Well, gee, sure they are, if you keep lying to them and manipulating them. This time, when she was told the flight she wanted was full, she lied that she needed to go to the doctor. Rant to Charla – if you really wanted to prove your capabilities to the world, you’d stop manipulating people with lies. Personally, I’m more impressed when you do things like carry heavy objects without complaining than when you make up stories.

And yet again, we have a team that has driving issues. Um, by the fifth Race, haven’t people learned that they need to be able to drive stick? Mirna struggled. Sigh. That’s a TAR 101 lesson.

And Mirna gets to split the Obvious Award for this week: “Charla, hurry up, we’re in a Race.” Silly me, I thought I was watching a circus. Or a bad dating show.

Other Priceless Quotes:
“If you give these people a chance, they squash you like a bug.” Mirna says this after cutting in front of the Doughboys after overhearing their conversation. Hmmmm, any surprise that people don’t want to help them?

“White, white, just bite them!” Was Mirna thinking about Phil while Charla bit into the chocolates? Ooo, wish I could erase that mental picture. Sorry.

“Who was that? Someone just yelled Bitch.” That would be the audience, Mirna.

“Every time Phil sees us, we look awful.” Hate to break it to ya, Mirna, but playing with your hair for a few moments isn’t going to change that.

This week: 75 Omarosas
Overall: 1 Trump, 215 Omarosas

9. Jim & Marsha (Eliminated, 5th) – I don’t know what gets to me more, knowing who was toast before the plane rides were over or watching a team that I had enjoyed cheering for do something colossally stupid to seal their doom. This is a TAR 101 lesson: make sure you get the correct tickets while there’s still a chance to do something about it (like, when you’re at the counter talking to the ticket agent, for example). Marsha was so caught up in buying tickets for another team, and then trying to get fancy by purchasing 1 ticket for one flight even though she needed 2, that she lost sight of the overall goal. The Race isn’t won by being on an earlier flight on the third leg, but it can be lost by missing out on the flight that everyone else is taking. If she hadn’t tried to be slick and had just tried to buy two tickets on the next available flight, her team would have been right in the thick of things instead of dead before they got on a plane.

False Hope Quote:
“So, if they suck at driving, we have a chance.” Your flight was an hour and half behind the closest competitors – think of how badly they’d have to suck.

Prerequisite Sweet Mushy Farewell Quote (and it needed to be especially sweet and mushy, since Alison & Donny didn’t give us one last week…wait, Donny did when he said he hated Alison. But I digress.):
“Anything I thought I could teach her, she already knew.” That would be because she’s not the 6-year-old you thought she was, dad.

This week: 300 Omarosas
Overall: 1 Trump, 410 Omarosas

Next week…Charla and Mirna piss people off. Again.

Have whip, will travel.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Worth the Wait! PrincessJ 07-30-04 1
 RE: TSI Episode 3: Two Tickets to ... strid333 07-30-04 2
 RE: TSI Episode 3: Two Tickets to ... TeamJoisey 07-31-04 3
 RE: TSI Episode 3: Two Tickets to ... samboohoo 08-02-04 4
 RE: TSI Episode 3: Two Tickets to ... PlumBlossom 08-04-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PrincessJ 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-30-04, 03:05 PM (EST)
1. "Worth the Wait!"
Bebo! IT was worth the wait. I've been dying to read your TSI. You didn't disappoint. Here are just a few of my favorite of your commentary lines! Thanks again for such priceless humor!

>Priceless Quotes:
>“Marshall & I are not body >builder type physiques.” Hello, >Obvious Award.
>
episode.
>
>Priceless Quotes:
>“I think Chip is an ass.” Takes one to know one, sugar.
>

>“Who was that? Someone just yelled Bitch.” That would be the audience, Mirna.
>
>“Every time Phil sees us, we look awful.” Hate to
>break it to ya, Mirna, but playing with your hair for a few moments isn’t going to change that.
>

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-30-04, 04:12 PM (EST)
2. "RE: TSI Episode 3: Two Tickets to Elimination"
Yay! Funny as always. The best, as always, is any and all digs at Aliwhore and Donny.

Three is the perfect number.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-31-04, 00:34 AM (EST)
3. "RE: TSI Episode 3: Two Tickets to Elimination"
Oh yeah, that episode I forgot already.
Weren't Blake and Paige on that show?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-02-04, 09:22 AM (EST)
4. "RE: TSI Episode 3: Two Tickets to Elimination"
Yay Bebo. I'm a week behind in reading, and I probably won't catch up.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-04-04, 04:15 PM (EST)
5. "RE: TSI Episode 3: Two Tickets to Elimination"
Bebo, Loved it as always. And...I know that Baby Bebo would out race all of these people...and he doesn't even walk yet!

an IceCat original

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •