The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Whiz 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-18-01, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 6"
I'm slightly at a loss of feelings for this episode other than DIE GUIDO, DIE!!!!!!!!! (or MATA as I think they say in Italy?)

I don't give a crap about this "just playing the game" stuff. Since when did playing a game mean not playing fair or downright cheating. On top of that, they will boldface lie about it. Sorry guys, the camera does not lie. I can only hope that Instant Karma will soon strike. Not to get on my soapbox, but I think that's a microcosm of the wrong direction many things have taken in the world. The attitude of life, and for the Guido's, seems to be win at any cost. We saw it with Richard Hatch too.

I would much rather see any of the other five teams win (okay, maybe not Lenny & Karyn). Why? Because they compete and succeed and still treat others and the residents of the countries they visit with respect. You CAN do both.

'Nuff said on that. Maybe it was my own initial biases, but I am amazed each week by Angry Man and No Salt (Frank & Margarita) and the Festers (Drew & Kevin). Speaking multiple languages (even if it is just a little), working their way out of every situation (I mean, no flights, a strike in Rome, no problem!). I would like to see one of these two groups win. And where do a couple of lawyers get off being that nice and polite. It's just not possible.

Not much noteworthy this week, other than the Guido's actions making me sick, but we've already covered that. Next week looks like India. I am through making predictions other than to say it will be one of the last two groups. Pressed for an answer, I stick with Lenny & Karyn for elimination (although Nancy looks ready to pack it in).

Happy Racing!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 6 deepkangadoo 10-18-01 1
   DIE GUEDO DIE! pccraver 10-18-01 2
   RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 6 L82LIFE 10-18-01 7
 RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 6 SurvivorGuy 10-18-01 3
   RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 6 Loree 10-18-01 4
       RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 6 katem 10-18-01 5
           Agreed... itsjustarace 10-18-01 6
               RE: Agreed... supershirll 10-18-01 8
                   RE: Agreed... managerr 10-18-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

deepkangadoo 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-18-01, 08:27 AM (EST)
1. "RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 6"
Couldn't agree more, Whiz. I was particularly angry at the Guidos' whole "Oh, my, we're victims of violence, just like women" crap. To compare themselves to women who are the victims of actual violence turned my stomach. In a way, it minimizes these women by reducing their fear, their desperation, their hopelessness to the level of "oh my, the Fester said he was gonna break my legs in the course of this GAME." Domestic violence is REAL, and the Guidos are using it to slander the Festers and justify their own selfish, underhanded behavior.

One could argue that well, as gays they are sensitive to threatening behavior so they had to take the Fester comment as a real threat. I don't think that holds up. From watching the show it seems that the Festers are good-natured, jovial good sports who (like a lot of New Yawkers) throw out a lot of trash talk. The other players' relationships with them seems to bear this out; they are well-liked by the other teams, and have shown many instances of kindness and support to the teams. If the Guidos didn't keep to themselves so much, they may have felt the same way. Instead, they call them the "Fatties" and try to hinder them at every opportunity. Then, when the Fester (sorry, I just don't know which one is which) DARES to express frustration and anger at the unsportsmanlike conduct of the Guidos, they whimper "Violence! Violence! He threatened me!"

These guys are arrogant jerks. I do hope they get their comeuppance.

pccraver 12 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-01, 09:52 AM (EST)
2. "DIE GUEDO DIE!"
THEY SHOULD HAVE A 72 HOUR PENALTY FOR WHAT THEY DID, AND THEN HAVE TO WEAR A 35 POUND VEST THE WHOLE TIME! WAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AND THEY SHOULD HAVE LITTLE STICKY NOTES STUCK TO THE BACK OF THEM THAT SAYS "kill me" AND STUFF! IF THEY DO WIN T.A.R. I AM NEVER WATCHING CBS AGAIN! WAHAHAHAHAHA!

But seriously, they will not win. They are getting uglier by the day, and cheat more and more by the day. It just shows how incredibly stupid Karyn is, for even wanting to hear from the Guido's their side of the story. They lie SSSSSOOOOO much I want them to lose! WHO DOESN'T!?!

And WTH was up with Nancy and Emily, just letting Rob and Brennon take their taxi. Rob and Brenon are jerks, they just took the taxi w/out saying thank you! :|

Can TAR get any more unjust? :|

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-18-01, 03:08 PM (EST)
7. "RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 6"
The "Gweirdos" went over the line when they compared the Fester's comment with being their being victims of violence. It's a good act for the cameras and nothing more. After the Fester (Drew, I think?) told them he was just joking about the broken legs comment, the Gweirdo (Bill?) pinched/patted his cheek. Now, how often do you pinch somebody's cheek if you are truly in fear of them? Most people try not to provoke people they're afraid of. I would have to say cheek pinching by a Gweirdo is VERY provoking behavior. Then, jsut to scare themselves even more (perhaps in preperation for Haloween?), the Gweirdos decide to really tempt fate by causing the commotion at the airport gate.
Yes, definately the acts of men who are in fear for their lives!!

SurvivorGuy 24 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-01, 11:02 AM (EST)
3. "RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 6"
I agree with all that has been said. I also found it annoying that they kept saying "All the other teams are focussed on us. We're just focussed on winning, but they all focussed on us." or something to that extent. Who are they trying to convince, themselves? They are obviously very concerned with the other teams, demonstrated by their disgusting behavior in the airport and elsewhere. I really hope these guys get eliminated soon.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-18-01, 01:18 PM (EST)
4. "RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 6"
With the Guidos everything is about themselves. They are so wrapped up in themselves that they think everyone else thinks of them as the center of the universe too. It was the pathetic way they panic and worry about what everyone else is doing that is so pitiful. The others are competing while still acting like humans to each other. It is just a game.

And the Guidos never want us to forget that they have travelled abroad. Then why do they act so much like the ugly Americans that don't know how to treat anyone outside of the US? They were probably thrown out of Paris when they lived there.

The teams that cheated should have been put to the bottom of the list and not just had a time penalty while getting to stay in the first 2 spots. How do we know if they had stayed on the train if they would have still been the first 2 teams? There were only 2 cabs at the train station. Nobody is sure they would have gotten those first 2 cabs. That was a big mistake. They can cheat and still get to lead the race?

The Guidos have just proved to everyone watching that they are liars and cheaters. Hope their family and friends are proud of them now. Hide your wallets around these guys.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-18-01, 02:15 PM (EST)
5. "RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-01 AT 02:17 PM (EST)

After the first couple of episodes I was rooting for Joe and Bill, because it was nice to see a couple of gay guys kicking butt in this kind of game. But as the episodes have unfolded and after watching last night's show, I have to admit how terribly dissapointed I was. They are downright mean, and they lie through their teeth. Very dissapointing.

Now someone mentioned Rich Hatch. I am sorry, but that guy one Survivor fare and square, he was the most deserving, he was conniving, but he was very nice to everyone there, he spoke trash to the camera, but never insulted anyone like the Guidos.

I am now rooting for Rob and Brennan and for Emily and Nancy, these are the nicest people left. If it were not for Frank I would root for Margarita, since I believe her to be the best human being on the show. She is truly fabulous.

As for the Festers, I liked them up until last nights show. They were friendly and cordial to everyone, while playing the game hard. But even though I agree with their indignation at Joe and Bill, threats like the ones made last night are not acceptable, even if it is just "trash talk" as one person said in this forum. Not acceptable at all.

As for Lenny and Karyn, 'nuff said.

Go Rob and Brennan. Go Emily and Nancy.

itsjustarace 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-18-01, 02:39 PM (EST)
6. "Agreed..."
They were my favorites at first. I thought they had the brains and the class to pull it off. Its a shame. I think (or should I say I hope) that they are two decent people, who have gotten lost in the competition. They are letting the race bring out all of their bad traits. To see them rip on the other teams the way they do. To watch them manipulate that airport situation into one where they were "the victims". To see them purposefully try to sabotage others. It's really, really disappointing. One can only hope that they were embarassed when they saw their own behavior on tv last night.

supershirll 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-18-01, 05:24 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Agreed..."
People who act that way do not know how to be embarassed! They will just say it was the editing!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-18-01, 06:43 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Agreed..."
I really wanted to like Team Guido. The two of them had an extremely rare Life-Partner relationship that spanned several years--they were also seemed smart and nice at the beginning.

But now, I think those two make Richard Hatch look like Mother Teresa. There's a scene I remember at the beginning of AR that showed something about Rob and Brennan lying to another team. I only *hope* that it's Team Guido.

I can understand Lenny and Karyn going to get both sides of the story. The two of them are always sooo far behind that they miss all of the Guido antics. Still, Team Guido left them behind to catch the wrong train! It really shouldn't be that much of a stretch to believe that team Guido is poor evil.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •