The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hey, Dave..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 56715 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-14, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hey, Dave..."
...are you willing to admit you might be just a little bit of a threat now?

No one can take Flo's title of Whiniest Winner Ever away from her -- I hope -- and Rachel did her best to crash-land her edit in the last hour (which, unfortunately, is prepping us for the summer to come), but Dave did his best to give them a male counterpart. 'Why is everyone picking on me? I'm old! I'm weak! They should be coddling me around the course! I should get a three-hour head start every leg just because I move so slow! Age discrimination1 Age discrimination!'

Did he and his son earn the win? Not arguing that. Potent Racers, although a cluster of bad design elements on the final leg didn't hurt them. But is it possible that he might recognize he's earned a U-Turn or two on merit?

Doubt it.

Nice win. Enjoy your half of the post-tax million. Unless, of course, you want someone else to carry the check for you because the weight might throw out your back.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hey, Dave... Colonel Zoiderg 05-28-14 1
   RE: Hey, Dave... PepeLePew13 05-28-14 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoiderg 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-28-14, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hey, Dave..."
Dave still was playing the "torn Achilles" card a lot, but at the very least, his kvetching was based on actual fears rather than Flo being completely insane and Rachel being histrionic (look it up if you're not a therapist or married to one.) Besides, at the very least, just like Flo's partner, Dave's earned the hell out of that win.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PepeLePew13 25257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-28-14, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hey, Dave..."
Got no problem at all with his fears about the Achilles heel and it legitimately was a focus point based on his first go-around, just like most of the other teams had to answer questions or make comments about things that happened on their original seasons, nor do I have an issue with him mentioning his age.

It's the constant kvetching about how outrageous it was for other teams to "pick" on a 60-year-old baby with the U-Turn, and it was bad enough that he mentioned immediately after it happened but to keep overplaying that angle for episodes to come? Sorry, he lost me there for good, even if he did play one hell of a race. I have never seen anyone whine so constantly about being U-Turned.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •