The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"More Silliness With U-Turns"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 56598 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-14, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"More Silliness With U-Turns"
'They are evil! They are conspiring against us! They are horrible people! And the only way we can get revenge is by acting in petty mocking ways while conspiring against them!'

Calm down, kids. Not that you ever will or can hear me plus I just got you allying against me because I called you kids, but...

You can see Brenchel's logic if you squint closely. They would like a first-place prize. The way to help them get one is by making sure to get some distance on whoever is currently in second. They're aware that Rail & Noose haven't used their Express Pass yet, so the most they can do is make them run back for a few minutes and formally hand it over. And they don't know where anyone else is on the course, plus those at the back of the pack aren't necessarily teams they'd want to eliminate. So... buy some time. Widen the gap. And unless you get a total disaster back at the other branch, you won't knock the targeted team out.

Sure, Dave & Conner may have treated it like someone urinating on the holy text of their choice, but...

Meanwhile, the Afghanimals are just used to this by now. 'And we were nice this time. It still happened. Let's face it: it's just us. Okay, let's go see the Detour part of the world... again...' But they could afford to relax: they knew most of the pack was still behind them. And in the event they were wrong -- there's another team, right there, and that's who they have to beat.

The U-Turn does what the Yield used to: they both expose Racer hypocrisy. Neither one is a nice move. This usage may have been a partial waste in the sense that it didn't get anyone out. But it certainly brought out the ugly in our nice-guy team -- and that ugly is going to spread.

I guess Dave & Conner were just that dedicated to getting second place.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: More Silliness With U-Turns kidflash212 04-21-14 1
 RE: More Silliness With U-Turns featherfish81 04-21-14 2
   RE: More Silliness With U-Turns Estee 04-21-14 3
 RE: More Silliness With U-Turns kingfish 04-22-14 4
 The first part of nearly every sin:... Estee 04-28-14 5
 RE: More Silliness With U-Turns PsychoKitty 05-05-14 6
   RE: More Silliness With U-Turns featherfish81 05-10-14 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 4123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-21-14, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: More Silliness With U-Turns"
Although I think Brendan & Rachel being so focused on winning a single leg is poor strategy, Dave & Connor's reaction to it was ridiculous. They expected Leo & Jamal to accept their apology but refused to accept Brendan & Rachel's apology.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

featherfish81 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-21-14, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: More Silliness With U-Turns"
I'm still not sure why they didn't U-Turn the cowboys, who were standing right there, clearly behind them and guaranteed to pass them. If they weren't going to U-Turn a team that was likely to be eliminated, why not slow down the fastest team?

04-21-14, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: More Silliness With U-Turns"
Rail & Noose didn't get it either.

You had to figure you couldn't eliminate them, but it would have pushed them back somewhat. However, we've pretty much got to be leaving Italy on the next leg, and you know what that means: Airport Bunch Point. Unless you can shove a team out, pushing them back doesn't do much for the long-term game.

But at the same time, it makes very little sense to target the Afghanimals, for the same reasons. And they wouldn't have gone for the singers...

Realistically, you could have almost guaranteed yourself Gone Globetrotters. But that was about it.

kingfish 17168 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-14, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: More Silliness With U-Turns"
"The U-Turn does what the Yield used to: they both expose Racer hypocrisy."

The hypocrisy did get pretty deep. I actually thought the Green team (I refuse to name them) played more intelligently with the "Don't help the enemy” strategy. It should be pretty obviously the best all around strategy.

Those people should realize that they aren't sitting around a campfire trying to earn their Friendship Merit badge.

If they are helping another team for strategic reasons, that's almost defensible, but to just be trying to assuage guilt feelings or to just look good for their friends on TV, that’s stupid. And that sucks.

I liked the Afghanimals better the other way. And I’m officially rooting against the father-son team. And I’m sorry to see the Globetrotters go.

04-28-14, 07:19 AM (EST)
5. "The first part of nearly every sin: treating people as things."
The saddest part? At this point, Rachel's used to it.

PsychoKitty 710 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-05-14, 03:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: More Silliness With U-Turns"
Heartbreaking tonight . . . I'll let you guys post the big thread, but even though the Cowboys can be unenlightened, and obtuse, they are pretty good guys and I felt really badly that they are out tonight. And those dumb girls (!ACK!!!!! How many NELS have there been this season! GAG!!!) are still in it. . .Ugh . . .

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

featherfish81 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-10-14, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: More Silliness With U-Turns"
Yeah, I like the Cowboys, too. Too bad they had a few other minor problems this leg, so they couldn't U-Turn anyone else. They probably could have beaten the singers if they hadn't had the extra task.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •