The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Has this been presented before?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-14-11, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Has this been presented before?"
Has anyone brought up the idea of an Amazing Race Curse? I'm talking about the fact that just days after they the TAR Racers) left Sri Lanka, the largest Tsunami ever at that time, hit that region and left thousands dead and unaccounted for?

Right around the time of their filming (most likely after?) in Australia and New Zeland this year, a huge earthquake hit THAT region?

Not to long after the racers filmed in Japan....well, you know the rest.

Are there other tragedies related to TAR that I'm unaware of that you all can think of? Just curious. Is it me or am I on to something here???

We have talked before about the contestant on Survivor who won the car (when they used to give it away) never winning the show, but I don't remember the fact that many of the regions that TAR has visited have very closely afterward gone through natural disasters.....

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Has this been presented before? vince3 03-14-11 1
   RE: Has this been presented before? PepeLePew13 03-14-11 2
       RE: Has this been presented before? mindy23 03-14-11 3
 RE: Has this been presented before? PepeLePew13 03-14-11 4
   RE: Thanks, Pepe!! mindy23 03-16-11 5
       RE: Thanks, Pepe!! PepeLePew13 03-16-11 6
           RE: Thanks, Pepe!! mindy23 03-19-11 7
 Indonesia PepeLePew13 10-08-12 8
   RE: Indonesia jbug 10-08-12 9
 RE: Has this been presented before? abhishek0990 02-07-13 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-11, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Has this been presented before?"
I think the timing is a little diffrent then what you're thinking about...

For Sri Lanka, New Zealand, and now Japan, the filming was already wrapped up and for the last two, the disasters occur around the time that the episodes in that region are aired...

The disaster that nearly DID strike a Race? Katrina. They left New Orleans for Central America that season quite literally a couple of days before Katrina hit.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-11, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Has this been presented before?"
It was more like a full month -- filming of TARFE took place from July 7 to 31 while Katrina hit on August 29th, and the New Orleans leg was still early in the show's run but still, the timing was rather lucky for the families involved with the show.

As I recall it, one of the families (the Schroeders) had their New Orleans home severely damaged and they ended up staying with another TARFE family (forget the name) that lived in the next big city over from New Orleans.

03-14-11, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Has this been presented before?"
Guess I am getting dates confused, but for some reason, I thought the TAR racers had just, like within days, left the train station in Sri Lanka, when the Tsunami hit there. Don't know why I had that stuck in my mind, because both my husband and myself were talking about that last night.

I do agree that filming has mostly been finished by weeks, if not months, by the time these disasters struck. It's just hitting me as unusual that they would be hit in so many of the areas that were part of the race for that season....just wondering, that's all.

03-14-11, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Has this been presented before?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-11 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

Found on another site and I've made some changes and additions to the list...

Season 1 (2001)
New York City (Starting Line) - 9/11 Terror Attacks

Season 6 (2004)
Sri Lanka (Leg 9) - Indian Ocean Tsunami

Season 7 (2005)
London subway bombings in July 2005

Season 8 (2005)
New Orleans (Leg 4) - Hurricane

Season 16 (2010)
Chile (Legs 1 and 2) - Earthquake

Season 17 (2010)
South Korea (Leg 11) - North and South Korean Military tension

Season 18 (2011)
Australia - Flooding
Japan - Earthquake (8.9 on March 11th)
Yunnan, China - Earthquake on March 10th - Lijiang is in this province
India (specifically Varanasi) - Bombing days after filming
Brazil (specifically Rio de Janeiro) - Flooding and Landslide

03-16-11, 08:53 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Thanks, Pepe!!"
I had no idea there were THAT many items to list. Thanks for taking the time to research that for us. I had intended to do that, but...you know.

Anyway, that really IS facinating, and without a doubt, a bit troubling. Wonder if Phil or the production crew have ever thought anything about it??

I think I might be a bit leary, but I suppose you could chuck it off with the fact that natural disasters happen anytime, anywhere, but I think this may be more than coincidental.

What do you all think now????

03-16-11, 02:30 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Thanks, Pepe!!"
I think the safest time to travel would be to get a copy of the flight plans for the next TAR and then go to these places just before TAR passes through!

03-19-11, 01:26 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Thanks, Pepe!!"
>I think the safest time to
>travel would be to get
>a copy of the flight
>plans for the next TAR
>and then go to these
>places just before TAR passes
>through!

True Dat!

10-08-12, 02:13 PM (EST)
8. "Indonesia"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-12 AT 02:18 PM (EST)

Bumping as there was a massive volcano eruption spewing hot ash in Indonesia today, a day after TAR aired an episode that went through there.

ETA to shake the tryptophan coursing through my veins after Thanksgiving lunch and correct an egregious grammatical error.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-12, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Indonesia"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-12 AT 03:01 PM (EST)

You almost knocked a day or so off my life!

I rad the first post and then.....
the next one was posted by Vince.
I did a double take - literally.

abhishek0990 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-07-13, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail abhishek0990 Click to send private message to abhishek0990 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Has this been presented before?"
nice information. thank you for sharing it.

thanks
<a href=http://www.packersmoversdirectory.net>; Packers Movers</a>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •