The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anyone else notice there's no one to root for?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-08-12, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anyone else notice there's no one to root for?"
Of the teams left, let's be honest here, who the hell is there to root for? No one, that's who.

The twins? The annoying, screeching, racist twins?

The divorcees? Arrogance, annoyance, and villainy personified.

The Chippendales? Meh.

Team Texas Longhorns? Meh.

The gay goat farmers? Yes, I know I can just say "goat farmers." They're fine but not that enthralling. I applaud their hustle, but a) they're not that entertaining and b) they're not worth getting behing because they have no chance.

The rockers? For rocker dudes with long hair, they sure aren't that exciting. As someone once said, there's a difference between "rocker long hair" and "addicted to WoW" long hair. Granted, they're contenders, but they're forgettable.

TAR needs teams it can market as heroes, not just as maybe-racists or annoyances.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anyone else notice there's no o... Max Headroom 11-08-12 1
   RE: Anyone else notice there's no o... kingfish 11-10-12 2
   RE: Anyone else notice there's no o... kidflash212 11-10-12 3
       RE: Anyone else notice there's no o... mindy23 11-12-12 4
           RE: Anyone else notice there's no o... byoffer 11-12-12 5
               RE: Anyone else notice there's no o... MKitty 11-16-12 7
               RE: Anyone else notice there's no o... Travel_Queen 12-10-12 12
           RE: Anyone else notice there's no o... kidflash212 11-15-12 6
 Karma CSHS79 11-24-12 8
   RE: Karma kidflash212 11-28-12 10
 RE: Anyone else notice there's no o... jbug 11-26-12 9
   RE: Anyone else notice there's no o... Earl Colby Pottinger 11-30-12 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-12, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anyone else notice there's no one to root for?"
I would've rooted for Team Longhorn until they took half of Team Twinnie's stolen money. Now? Dunno. I like Abbie/Ryan's competitiveness but not Ryan. The Chippendales are a more-attractive version of Dandrew. The goat farmers seem like decent guys but are horribly uncompetitive. Team Twinnie makes my ears bleed each and every time they appear on my screen. Maybe I'll root for James and Abba, though they aren't very inspiring either.

And where's this season's eye candy? Bring back Dustin and Kandice.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-12, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Anyone else notice there's no one to root for?"
The Rockers. And Texans are still preferrable to the rest, although I expect to see a Karma twist for them and the twins. It's hard to see how production can let the money thing pass.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-12, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anyone else notice there's no one to root for?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-12 AT 01:52 PM (EST)

I wouldn't go so far as to put the Chippendales in the Dandrew category (that would be Gary & Will this season) - Jaymes & James perform as well on the tasks as other teams but make a poor choices that causes them to lose time (taking the Metro) where Dandrew were terrible at everything. If they make the final, I would most likely root for them over any of the other two teams that might be there with them. The twins are the team that I would root the hardest against, Texas just bores me, Ryan is so arrogant I'd hate to see him win, neither The Beekman Boys and the Rockers seem like they will be able to complete the Race, one team just isn't competitive and the other isn't physically capable.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-12-12, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Anyone else notice there's no one to root for?"
I am probably dreaming, but I am hoping Abba and the Rocker miraculously find their passports, so they can finish the race, at least 3rd. Can NOT stand 'twinnie, twinnie, twinnie's!' In any shape or form, and so glad the Monster Truck Monsters are gone!!

At this point, I am rooting for J&J. I think they are fun and actually very well behaved. They've done nothing to make me feel otherwise. Haven't stolen anyone's money, lied about a clue, sent someone the wrong way, etc, etc. Yes, it's a game, but I still believe in nice guys.

And at this point, other than the whole Chippendale thing, I do think they are nice guys. Hey, a guy has to make a living, right. And after last night, they could very well do synchronized swimming!

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-12, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Anyone else notice there's no one to root for?"
I agree that other than the fact they are Chippendales, they are not that bad a team. I have been impressed that they seem to embrace the culture in many of the places they have been (finding the way to say thank you in Bangledeshian (?) and often being the team that comments on how beautiful/interesting things are. Even with the synchro swimmers they seemed willing to have fun with the girls.

I am shocked to say they are the team I am cheering for.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-16-12, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Anyone else notice there's no one to root for?"
yup, me too. But, yes, I agree, they are the least annoying of the lot and I will throw something at my TV if the obnoxious thief-twins win...

Travel_Queen 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-10-12, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Travel_Queen Click to send private message to Travel_Queen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Anyone else notice there's no one to root for?"
The language spoken in Bangladesh is Bengali.

11-15-12, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Anyone else notice there's no one to root for?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-12 AT 11:16 AM (EST)

I think they will find their passports. I am interested to see how next leg will play out. The timing will be unusual as the last leg hasn't finished yet. I am thinking superleg.

ETA- Wonder how the producers would handle the situation if this was planned as a NEL?

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-24-12, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Karma"
All I have to say is I hope karma will catch up to the twins and Texas. But more so the twins since they found the money but Texas shouldn't have taken any of the money. Perhaps in the long run it will, perhaps even in the Finale?

11-28-12, 10:51 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Karma"
I'm wondering if they would have edited in the theft if the twins were going to win. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-12, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Anyone else notice there's no one to root for?"
The Chippendales seem to be really enjoying themselves. They try to make the best of every situation.
Of course, they haven't had the bad luck of missing a flight; or having their plane break down;
but I do like their attitudes (and it doesn't hurt that they look good without shirts!

tiny frozen stolen clown

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-30-12, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Anyone else notice there's no one to root for?"
They also did not see using the u-turn as fun or just a game play.

They hated using it, only doing it to ensure that they could stay in the game.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •