The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So close, yet so far away."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-20-12, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So close, yet so far away."
Misa & Maiya: already in the Failed A Spot Check TAR Hall Of Fame.

Y'know what we should do? Get a capture of Phil's epic WTF? Face. And put it on a wall across the street from their homes. Then take bets on how long it takes them to see it.

Over/under line starts at two months.

Typical deadline for finding a lost golf ball: five minutes. (Change sports.)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So close, yet so far away. popeave 02-20-12 1
   RE: So close, yet so far away. Estee 02-20-12 2
 RE: So close, yet so far away. qwertypie 02-21-12 3
 RE: So close, yet so far away. Max Headroom 02-21-12 4
   RE: So close, yet so far away. qwertypie 02-21-12 5
 RE: So close, yet so far away. PepeLePew13 02-21-12 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

popeave 433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-20-12, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail popeave Click to send private message to popeave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So close, yet so far away."
It was a bad sign when they took so long to complete the balloon task at the starting line. They took more than 100 minutes to check 100 balloon baskets. Assuming they found the clue in the VERY LAST basket, that still works out to over one minute per balloon. Hard to understand a team in a RACE moving that slowly searching for something.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-12, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So close, yet so far away."
I'll give them a bit of a pass on the time factor because there are activities in the hunt that consume seconds. It's not just moving between anchor stations (which weren't right on top of each other), it's hauling the balloons down to check level. Say each one's fifty feet up -- that's more than a few pulls on the rope, working against the lift of the helium. After a while, you're going to start tiring. But -- their words on finding the clue implied a chance that they'd been through that general area before and just missed that particular balloon. That's a little less forgivable.

Personally, if the rules had allowed it and every other team was off the field, I would have started releasing every empty balloon. It's a bad move with other Racers around (you're narrowing their field), but when you're the last pair, it keeps you from checking the same thing twice.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-12, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So close, yet so far away."
Depends if Maiya has to navigate a golf cart by a sand trap or not.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-12, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So close, yet so far away."
We've had invisible/disappearing clue boxes in the past, but this was the first time Phil disappeared.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-12, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So close, yet so far away."
That is one mistake I would never,ever make.
Especially not after I had that chip implanted in him.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-12, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So close, yet so far away."
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-12 AT 12:58 PM (EST)

Here's a couple shots of the Phil WTF face...

Mmm, maybe I'll set up a poll later on to vote on which was the better WTF face -- Phil's here or Jeff Probst when Billy announced that he was in love with Candice back in Survivor Cook Islands...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •