The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Production help?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-11, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Production help?"
I've really got to wonder just how much 'help' production crew gave in last night's episode. A lost passport suddenly appears at the airport? Really?? The finder allegedly posted on twitter that he had been in a scene (for another team) but then -- abracadabra - he finds the passport and knows it belongs to another TAR team?

As Sherlock Holmes said, 'there are no coincidences."

Also -- the oldest couple is totally befuddled by their first clue box hunt but are rescued by a first-episode NEL??

Give us a frellin' break already!

also -- please tell us that the Confucius Monk was given a chair at some point...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Production help? Starshine 09-26-11 1
 RE: Production help? PepeLePew13 09-26-11 2
   RE: Production help? Estee 09-26-11 3
       RE: Production help? Earl Colby Pottinger 09-26-11 4
 RE: Production help? CTgirl 09-26-11 5
   RE: Production help? PepeLePew13 09-26-11 6
       RE: Production help? udg 09-26-11 7
           RE: Production help? Belle Book 09-26-11 8
               RE: Production help? udg 09-26-11 9
 RE: Production help? Estee 10-24-11 10
   RE: Production help? Max Headroom 10-24-11 11
 New show title truly is moonbaby 11-21-11 12
   RE: New show title truly is Earl Colby Pottinger 11-22-11 13
       RE: New show title truly is agman 11-27-11 14
           RE: New show title truly is Snidget 11-27-11 15
               On my train line moonbaby 11-28-11 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-26-11, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Production help?"
My favourite bit of assistance is still when Fran and Barry? kept walking over a bridge in Brazil unable to see the clue box with their cameraman becoming more and more obvious about filming the box as they walked past it.

Or if anyone say TAROZ or TARA3? The "Holey" statue in Prague was good for a laugh

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-11, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Production help?"
Well... I wouldn't say the passport thing was a complete reach because it's in Los Angeles, plenty of people know about the Amazing Race. The guy could have overheard the girls or another team asking for directions to LAX and when they also saw the cameras (which have the TAR colours on them), it's perfectly logical to figure out they're rushing to catch the plane to their next location.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-11, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Production help?"
He also could have been asked to sign a release after he was initially filmed.

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-26-11, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Production help?"
I bet if true that he got something for not posting a message before the race was televised.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-11, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Production help?"
I thought it was handled very oddly. If I found a passport on the ground, I would bring it into the gas station and leave it there figuring the owner would come back for it - which they did. But it doesn't have as much drama if you do it that way!

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-11, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Production help?"
Yeah but I got the impression the guys were there at the same time when the girls ran in to ask for directions and then took off like a bat out of hell. If they overheard that the girls were looking for directions to LAX and then they saw the passport ... if they're single guys, why not see if they could be a helpful DAW at the same time while getting to meet a couple of nice-looking girls? Think of the pick-up lines they could throw out there in the future!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-26-11, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Production help?"
I've already deleted the ep from my DVR, but my understanding was:
1) Girl drops passport.
2) Helpful DAW shows up at same gas station and sees a different TAR team asking for directions to LAX. He also finds a passport on the ground.
3) Helpful DAW decides the best way to be helpful AND increase his odds of showing up on screen is to drive passport all the way to LAX.
4) Helpful DAW gets to appear on TAR.
5) (Hasn't happened yet, but likely.) Helpful DAW and his best friend form a team on 20 or 21.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-26-11, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Production help?"
Also, according to a blog entry online at the New York Times, the guy tweeted an uber-fan from Georgia who urged him to get to the airport and return it. Phil was actually heading to the airport to eliminate Kaylani & Lisa but production people who happened to be in Taiwan monitored the Twitters and found out that the passport had been found and notified people in LA that Kaylani & Lisa might still be okay.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-26-11, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Production help?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-11 AT 09:34 PM (EST)

According to that blog, Pepe was right. The Helpful DAW did give directions to the girls.

Link: http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/26/twitters-amazing-race-assist/

ETA: Or not. Here's the correction from the bottom of the article.
Correction: September 26, 2011

An earlier version of this post misstated the circumstances of Ryan Storms' interactions with "The Amazing Race" contestants. Mr. Storms did not give directions to the team of contestants that misplaced a passport; he gave directions to a different team.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-11, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Production help?"
And now we have the question of the Mysteriously Waiting Bus.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-11, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Production help?"
As noted in the production "claps and slaps" thread. Feel free to add your fuel to my bonfire.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-11, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "New show title truly is"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-11 AT 08:52 PM (EST)

The Amazing Coincidence.

Next up? The lost tickets that aren't being checked anyway.

AMAZING!

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-22-11, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: New show title truly is"
Nope, as pointed out in the spoiler thread by myself and others living in different places. There are a number of train systems out there that use the honour system.

At random times there will be a check for tickets and if you don't have one on you, you will fact some heavy fines and/or jail if they have a record of you doing it before. But for example on the GO-Train system I used for years the checks take place fewer than one in four train rides.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-11, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: New show title truly is"
I have never even heard of that before. I obviously don't get out enough!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-11, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: New show title truly is"
There has to be some formula where they balance out the costs of verifying each ticket vs fine amounts with sporadic enforcement.

I've seen this with parking meters in various locals. Some places they decide do less enforcement as it costs more to hire enough parking enforcement people than they can recoup in fines. Depending on the political will the fines may be low enough that people will just pay the fine every so often than feed the meter.

In other towns the balance works out the other way so they have enough parking people for the number of parking spaces to catch you just about every time you don't feed the meter.

Big city peeps are often shocked at getting parking tickets in towns small enough where one person can walk the whole metered area every hour on the hour (with time taken to write out tickets).

I suspect with a higher cost item it is easier to set the fines high enough to prevent much theft of service. Especially if they can more easily stop you from using it in the future.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-11, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "On my train line"
they are insane about checking your ticket. Even when they've seen you a zillion times they still ask for it. There used to be a conductor on the train going home that would stand around and talk to me almost every night. And still he asked for my ticket every night. Maybe folks try to sneak rides around here more than I know. I swear that one guy in the morning salivates at the thought of catching a ticketless someone. If they had been on my train they would have been very much out of luck. But it looks like if they had ridden with kid they would have been OK. Go figure.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •