The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lies cowboys tell."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-11, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lies cowboys tell."
'Dan and Jordan only won because they cheated.'

'We are good and honorable open-minded people with absolutely no character defects whatsoever.'

'We're not just an athletic team! We can think really good too!'

'We've made fifteen trips. That means the commodore is wrong.'

The one about never talking a bath? Absolutely true.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lies cowboys tell. PsychoKitty 02-21-11 1
 RE: Lies cowboys tell. kidflash212 02-24-11 2
   RE: Lies cowboys tell. Belle Book 02-24-11 3
       RE: Lies cowboys tell. kidflash212 02-24-11 4
           RE: Lies cowboys tell. mindy23 02-28-11 5
               RE: Lies cowboys tell. kidflash212 02-28-11 7
                   RE: Lies cowboys tell. Estee 02-28-11 8
                   RE: Lies cowboys tell. PepeLePew13 02-28-11 9
 Bunch math. Estee 02-28-11 6
 It's not stealing when we do it kidflash212 03-21-11 10
   RE: It's not stealing when we do it samboohoo 03-21-11 11
       RE: It's not stealing when we do it kidflash212 03-21-11 12
           RE: It's not stealing when we do it samboohoo 03-21-11 13
               RE: It's not stealing when we do it kidflash212 03-21-11 14
                   RE: It's not stealing when we do it LibraRising 03-21-11 15
                       RE: It's not stealing when we do it Toban 03-22-11 16
                           RE: It's not stealing when we do it LibraRising 03-28-11 19
                       RE: It's not stealing when we do it samboohoo 03-22-11 17
 RE: Lies cowboys tell. Estee 03-28-11 18
   RE: Lies cowboys tell. dabo 03-29-11 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-21-11, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lies cowboys tell."
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-11 AT 08:48 PM (EST)

I'm with you Estee! They painted a picture of Dan & Jordan getting in front of them in line at the airport on the final leg as cheating. I personally thought was really low at the time, but that behavior was more about being pithy or rude or trying to mess with the Cowboys heads. As pointed out many times on these boards, it did not impact the final leg or arrival time at all. The boys were ahead because they had the foresight to get better seats by talking up the flight attendant! Not because they bumped the line.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

Oh dear - I just love this siggie - but Christmas is over . . .

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-24-11, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lies cowboys tell."
That CBS chose to perpetuate the myth that Dan & Jordan couldn't possibly have beaten good ol' American boys Jet & Cord without cheating bothered me. So much bigotry and hatred was posted online after Dan & Jordan won, completely unfounded accusations of cheating and the producers validate it. Nice going, CBS.

I'm hoping Jet & Cord are out first (although I'm suspicious that CBS will pull a non-elimination leg out of the hat if they show up to the mat last).

I wondered why Mel & Mike were chosen, it's not like they were a strong, memorable team the first time around and Sam & Dan would create more drama with the Globetrotters. I'm beginning to feel as if maybe they didn't want to take the chance of Jet & Cord losing to another gay team and cast the gay team most likely to be out early.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-11, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lies cowboys tell."
More realistically, there were probably other teams that the producers wanted but couldn't be able to get, such as Brook & Claire (who couldn't come because Claire is pregnant). Still, it's less interesting than the conspiracy theory that they didn't want Jet & Cord losing to another gay team.

02-24-11, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lies cowboys tell."
I think the producers are very careful about who they cast and find it hard to believe that other teams would turn down a second chance at a million dollars without the obvious medical issues a pregnancy brings up.

Look at last season, it was designed to increase the likelihood of an all female team winning. No alpha male teams, four all female teams each of whom were fit and capable and fewer physical tasks than any previous Race. With all the chatter and negativity that happened after Dan & Jordan's victory, I don't think the producers wanted to go there again but also didn't want it to look bad by not casting any gay teams - so they chose an easy way out. And cast a team that won't last very long.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-28-11, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lies cowboys tell."
Wow, silly me, I hadn't even stopped to think whether there were any gay or straight people on the race this time.

I did read someone's post stating that my 'friend' {deaf boy} was gay, but I think that was just a tongue in cheek thing to bring out all the other things his mom was trying to say he had going against him....what do I know??

In any case, I have grown very weary of the cowboys very early on, but not even close to how weary I am of Chinese Dad and his arrogant attitude! Please, someone, give him another hernia early on.

02-28-11, 12:41 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Lies cowboys tell."
Luke is openly gay - the producers chose to downplay it.

02-28-11, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Lies cowboys tell."
(I will edit this out if someone feels it contact-crossed the border.)

Which also robbed us of a perfect opportunity to call Jamie a hag.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-11, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lies cowboys tell."
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-11 AT 05:40 PM (EST)

>Luke is openly gay - the
>producers chose to downplay it.

I can verify that he's gay - not personally, but rather in that my co-worker (female) was a roommate of his at RIT a few years ago.

02-28-11, 12:04 PM (EST)
6. "Bunch math."
Twelve (estimated) hours of wandering stupidity == thirty-minute delay.

03-21-11, 00:08 AM (EST)
10. "It's not stealing when we do it"
The honest, virtuous cowboys take someone else's cab but that's not a sneaky move. If another team had taken their cab, we would have heard another "We can hold our head high" comment insinuating the other team was low down and dirty.

I don't personally have a problem with them taking the cab as I didn't when Sam & Dan took Bryan & Miss America's cab under nearly identical circumstances. But why does it seem as if the cowboys get to keep their squeaky, clean image when other teams have been called cheaters for the same actions?

Capn2patch put me in motion!

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-11, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: It's not stealing when we do it"
I think it's all in perspective. I recall Dan & Jordan verbally insulting a cab driver and maybe even threatening or indicating they wanting to puch him and there were a lot of "cricket" sounds and downplaying about it where others weren't treated as kindly. I think even Sam & Dan got a bad rap for a taxi moment that Dan & Jordan didn't.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

03-21-11, 09:28 AM (EST)
12. "RE: It's not stealing when we do it"
I guess it is a perspective thing because I don't recall Dan & Jordan being treated kindly at all. They were blasted as cheaters, "ugly americans", crybabies and worse.

03-21-11, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: It's not stealing when we do it"
Really?

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/1681.shtml#27

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID20/3955.shtml

Not trying to be a smartaras here or pick a fight. I just recalled that in all of the seasons of TAR they seemed to have gotten off much lighter than anyone else ever had.

03-21-11, 11:14 AM (EST)
14. "RE: It's not stealing when we do it"
"Terrible winners ,worst behaved ,most uncivilised inthe history of Amazing Race

Boorish ,dirty ,disgusting ,vile,liars, criticisizing other teams like Caite right from the first episode

When you get money through nefarious means it will destroy you

the Cowboys and everyone else made this season watcheable"

|Link]

This from another website is indicative of the comments I have seen about Dan & Jordan. So I don't see that they got off lightly. And they have unfairly been labeled as the team that won by cheating.

My point is the cowboys are constantly portrayed as these paragons of virtue and good sportsmanship when their actions have not been much different from the actions of Rob & Amber.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-21-11, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: It's not stealing when we do it"
I completely agree with your assessment. Dan and Jordan, who certainly were not my favorite racers, were roasted as cheaters after the race--not so much on this board, but definitely in other spots--because they pushed ahead in line (which made no difference at all) and because they used a crib sheet in the memory challenge (obviously not a violation of the rules, as they were not penalized). The cowboys largely got a pass on a few nasty remarks they made during the race, poor behavior when they screwed up in the Seychelles and their (well, Cord's) post-race ugliness.

The cowboys seem to be nice, congenial guys...until things aren't going their way. Then, they're as petulant as Luke.

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-11, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: It's not stealing when we do it"
I thought it was Jet who was accused of making homophobic remarks....unless you mean some other post-race ugliness.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-28-11, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: It's not stealing when we do it"
You might be right -- I still get them confused after all this time.

03-22-11, 10:27 AM (EST)
17. "RE: It's not stealing when we do it"
My whole point was about how Dan & Jordan were treated on this board about their behaviour in the cab. I don't really read other boards. Here that behavior was dismissed and excuses were made. No one else in the history of the race got the same treatment on this board.

03-28-11, 12:10 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Lies cowboys tell."
"Come on, let's teach these kids something! How about we teach 'em how to count? Everybody ready? One, two, three, four, four, four..."

Bolo and Lisi would be so proud.

But they're totally going to rock the warren navigation Detour! And wait until they get to herb throwing!

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-11, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Lies cowboys tell."
Durn shame they didn't bring back th' clowns this time. Anyways, it's...

ah-one
tu-oo
thu-ree
fower
th other fower

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •