The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-11, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
And to think this all could have been avoided if they'd just --

*tries to think of a guaranteed way around the deadly combination of Globetrotter stupidity and Ron ego*

-- nevermind.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... Max Headroom 03-07-11 1
   RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... Estee 03-07-11 2
   RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... kidflash212 03-07-11 3
       RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... Estee 03-07-11 4
           RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... samboohoo 03-07-11 6
               RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... Estee 03-07-11 8
   RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... Karchita 03-07-11 5
       RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... samboohoo 03-07-11 7
   RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... mindy23 03-07-11 10
 RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... featherfish81 03-07-11 9
   RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... mindy23 03-07-11 11
       RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... Estee 03-07-11 12
 RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... Belle Book 03-07-11 13
   RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... ARnutz 03-07-11 15
       RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... Starshine 03-09-11 16
       RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... Earl Colby Pottinger 03-10-11 18
 RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... Molaholic 03-07-11 14
   RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery ... udg 03-09-11 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-11, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
I seem to be in the minority, but I think the Globetrotter's relocation of the fanny pack was an innocent mistake. Both being men, they couldn't put it with Christina's belongings in the women's dressing area, so they put it with Ron's stuff. Call me naive, but I don't think this was a deliberate act, and I think the time penalty was unfair. Given the bunchosity level of TAR, the penalty won't mean anything in the long run, but I still think it was wrong.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-07-11, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
The argument against that is 'interference = interference' Moving something so it won't get lost means it gets lost. If it has to be searched for, it costs time. Intent may not matter here: by the rulebook, it's likely a simple case of 'don't touch someone else's stuff unless they specifically let you.'

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-07-11, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
I don't think there was any intention on the part of the Globetrotters to delay Ron & Christina so I agree it was an innocent mistake. But - their innocent mistake did cost another team time so a time penalty seems fair to me.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

03-07-11, 11:25 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
Or put another way: say you have an office job and keep your own filing system (also known as 'it may look like random piles of near-collapse, but I know where everything is') that works perfectly for you. And then someone comes by while you're at lunch and helpfully puts things in methodical order. An order that anyone could find things in if they were the one who'd done the organizing in the first place. You get back from your meal, see what's happened, and you need to find and forward a physical file in the next fifteen minutes.

Did your visitor do you a favor?

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-11, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
Your visitor did you a favor.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

03-07-11, 12:34 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
In that case, I have some favors I could do for you.

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-07-11, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
I think it was an innocent mistake, too. But a mistake is a mistake and needs to be corrected. What the Globetrotters needed to do was return it to where they found it. Since they didn't do that, it cost C&R time, and for that they deserve the penalty. Not for making the mistake, but for failing to fix it.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-11, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
I agree and as long as it's a consistent penalty, I'm okay with it.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-07-11, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
>I seem to be in the
>minority, but I think the
>Globetrotter's relocation of the fanny
>pack was an innocent mistake.
> Both being men, they
>couldn't put it with Christina's
>belongings in the women's dressing
>area, so they put it
>with Ron's stuff. Call
>me naive, but I don't
>think this was a deliberate
>act, and I think the
>time penalty was unfair.
>Given the bunchosity level of
>TAR, the penalty won't mean
>anything in the long run,
>but I still think it
>was wrong.
>
ITA!!!

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-07-11, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
I predict the Globetrotters will apologize (because I think it was an innocent mistake), Christina will forgive them (especially with the penalty), and Ron will rant about it for at least half of the episode.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-07-11, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-11 AT 07:04 PM (EST)

Besides all the above, we have the obvious: What in the world would Ron have to beotch about if THAT hadn't happened on this particular episode? He totally sucked at the jousting competition-it was everyone else's fault that he couldn't do the routine AND get on the horse AND hit the danged target in one easy swipe!! Geez! What is he a genius or something? We all know how stupid those challenges are, right?

As far as the cleansing challenge went-he must have felt so amazing once he was finished, only to see that someone went and sabotaged his entire place in the race! How dare they! Of course FT&BE would pick HIM to sabotage-he is a fierce competitor who is more than a threat to them, so they had to do SOMETHING to make him, what, 10 minutes late? Beside, he had just found his Karma, and darn it, if someone didn't go and purposely take it away!! The entire group of races, including Phil have been against him since the beginning. Only this time, he managed to rile his poor daughter, too, because she knew the consequences in not finding that bag, and ultimately being last. The wrath of Daddy, well, it's worse than any challenge that Big Phil could ever give them. And it last forevvvvvver.

Did I mention he makes me sick?

I also have to interject in here that I was amazed how many teams came in within that 30 minute penalty time. I was beginning to wonder if FT&BE were going to be eliminated after all!! Sadly, it was the other, nicer, sweeter man, with the heart of gold and the philosophy of treating everyone equally, who had to leave. Because his son appreciate him THAT much!

ET change mispelled word

03-07-11, 07:17 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
Sadly, it was the other, nicer, sweeter man, with the heart of gold and the philosophy of treating everyone equally, who had to leave. Because his son appreciate him THAT much!

{dark}Yeah, well, clearly gay parents absolutely svck at teaching their children proper reality show values.{/dark}

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-07-11, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
I think the Globetrotters didn't intend to screw things up for Ron & Christina, but they should've thought of putting the fanny pack where they left it instead of with Ron's stuff, or just returned it to Ron & Christina at the lake with an apology. Then the Globetrotters wouldn't have had the penalty.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-11, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
I don't think they would have escaped the penalty by putting it back. regardless, they DID cause another team to be slowed, so got the penalty.

Don & Mary Jean mistakenly took Adam & Rebecca's car in TAR 6, but returned it, however still got 30 minutes for impeding another team.

See this link and scroll down to hindering or impeding: http://www.amazingracefanwiki.com/page/Unwritten+Rules

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-09-11, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
Yes, but Don and Mary Jane got a bigger penalty then the Trotters did here, because they turned around and took the car back.

A long time ago team Heave took a taxi to the pitstop instead of travelling by foot, I seem to remember that their penalty was 30 minutes plus the time they had made up using the taxi.

In this case I would have liked to have seen something like a 40 minute penalty, 30 minutes for interference and 10 for the amount of time that Christina wasted looking for her bum bag

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-10-11, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
I am not so sure about that. A&R were delayed when they did not find their car, same as R&C.

If the HGT had returned the pack ***BEFORE*** R&C had completed their task there would had been no delay at all and thus no reason to dock HGT 30 minutes.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-11, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
I agree that moving the backpack was probably an innocent "let's be nice & helpful" move by the 'trotters.

I'm wondering if they told somebody to let them know it had been moved. (The local welcome dude, perhaps).

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-09-11, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Great Clue Pack Robbery Theft Movement Incident In The Daytime."
I was under the impression they grabbed it thinking it was theirs. I thought I heard one of them say, "Did you grab the pack?" as if he thought it was theirs.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •