The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"10 Teams Will Continue Forward..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-28-11, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"10 Teams Will Continue Forward..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-11 AT 01:03 PM (EST)

Credit to Zimbochick for catching this but during the intro/recap last night these were Phil's word's: "Tonight, 10 teams will continue forward..."

Hmmmmm - Didn't eleven teams continue forward? I wonder if it were any team but Jet & Cord that finished last would eleven teams have contined forward?

ETA - Phil did continue after that to say that Jet & Cord were still stuck at the roadblock and could they get back into the game, so it may not be proof that they originally meant to eliminate the team that came in last in the first leg. Just want to be fair and admit there could be another interpretation.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 10 Teams Will Continue Forward.... Starshine 02-28-11 1
   RE: 10 Teams Will Continue Forward.... kidflash212 02-28-11 2
   RE: 10 Teams Will Continue Forward.... samboohoo 02-28-11 3
 RE: 10 Teams Will Continue Forward.... Max Headroom 02-28-11 4
 RE: 10 Teams Will Continue Forward.... jbug 02-28-11 5
   RE: 10 Teams Will Continue Forward.... featherfish81 03-02-11 6
       RE: 10 Teams Will Continue Forward.... kidflash212 03-04-11 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-28-11, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 10 Teams Will Continue Forward..."
Have to say that on watching it I think that Phil was saying that ten teams were carrying on whilst the cowboys worked on the clue.

Sad though I would have liked a good conspiracy theory.

Did notice that had the Trotters had to solve the clue for themselves they would have had about 18 hours to do it with the flight timings.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-28-11, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 10 Teams Will Continue Forward..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-11 AT 01:53 PM (EST)

I have to admit I misread Phil's words at first and came to an incorrect conclusion. But I would still say it is possible they meant to eliminate someone at the first mat but changed their mind when they realized it was Jet & Cord.

Odd to think that a team could have quit and taken the penalty for not completing the task and still caught up with several other teams. Supports my idea that there was supposed to be an elimination.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-11, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 10 Teams Will Continue Forward..."
Agree. I also think the regular intro for Episode 2 would have been 10 teams, so maybe there was just an edit that wasn't caught.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-11, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 10 Teams Will Continue Forward..."
When I heard that "10 teams..." voiceover, I thought I was imagining things, the same kind of thought I had when I heard Christina Aguilera botch the national anthem at the Super Bowl. A quick rewind of the TiVo confirmed that my ears aren't as bad as I think they are.

The whole thing was very confusing.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-11, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 10 Teams Will Continue Forward..."
I just thought he was talking about the 10 teams that had already been to see him - not counting the one that was still to come.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-02-11, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 10 Teams Will Continue Forward..."
Yeah, that was my interpretation too - 10 teams are continuing after getting the continuation clue, while one is still working on it.

I don't think they were planning an elimination, because that could have made the penalty of the automatic U-Turn worthless. To give that penalty there would have had to be a detour.

03-04-11, 11:10 AM (EST)
7. "RE: 10 Teams Will Continue Forward..."
But the way it was laid out it made the entire first part of the supposed "superleg" worthless. And they have never had a full Pit Stop with a prize for first place (the Express Pass) and a Native Greeter before on superleg. I think it was always planned as a superleg but they meant to eliminate someone at that first mat - and I think a quick save was issued when they realized who was coming in last. The cowboys have many fans out there - I don't think CBS was eager to lose those viewers.

Another thought - with so many teams cheating sharing the answer at the flag roadblock maybe they felt it was unfair to eliminate a team that actually did complete the task on their own.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •