The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Acceleration of the stupid."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-11, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Acceleration of the stupid."
So it's come to this: we've gone from people who can't unscramble a five-letter word after being given the first position to people who can't solve a simple substitution cipher while holding the answer key. And two of them are the same people. 'Hey, do we get a quit penalty if we give up on this thing and go get the answer from someone else?' Sadly, no, but that's a loophole someone's going to be fixing any decade now.

This. Is. Not. Hard. You have the flags. You have the answer key. You can bulk-rate letters and write down all the As at once, then get all the Bs, and move on through at speed. Realizing that all the flags are involved does not require a genius. Okay, so they're moving a little in the wind. Get closer to them. All this part of the Roadblock really required was patience and a touch of brainpower -- or at least the willingness to use your brain.

You could argue that quitting and looking for the answer from someone else was strategic: why waste your time when a friend has already wasted theirs? And for some Racers, I'll entertain that argument. I'll even remotely consider giving that position to Fghilt Emit and Igb Seya, but there would be a hefty dose of 'We know we're stupid and don't need to prove it again' mixed in.

But -- missing words? Having to go back multiple times? Rail and Noose threatening to pull a Fester on anything over ten characters and drop back by one day for each word of more than one syllable? The concept we don't exactly have to search for here is 'pathetic'.

Casting brought these people back. It clearly wasn't for their intellects.

Intellects. In-tell-ects.

*sigh* No, Noose, I will not use it in a sentence.

Unless it's a life sentence.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Acceleration of the stupid. Starshine 02-21-11 1
   RE: Acceleration of the stupid. kidflash212 02-21-11 6
 A sad beginning moonbaby 02-21-11 2
   RE: A sad beginning Estee 02-21-11 4
       Yep moonbaby 02-21-11 8
 RE: Acceleration of the stupid. samboohoo 02-21-11 3
   RE: Acceleration of the stupid. Estee 02-21-11 5
       RE: Acceleration of the stupid. mindy23 02-21-11 7
 RE: Acceleration of the stupid. Molaholic 02-21-11 9
 RE: Acceleration of the stupid. PsychoKitty 02-21-11 10
   RE: Acceleration of the stupid. mindy23 02-23-11 11
 Tournement of ChampiNOTS IceCat 02-24-11 12
 RE: Acceleration of the stupid. PepeLePew13 02-28-11 13
 RE: Acceleration of the stupid. Colonel Zoidberg 03-01-11 14
 RE: Acceleration of the stupid. Belle Book 03-01-11 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-21-11, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Acceleration of the stupid."
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-11 AT 11:18 PM (EST)

How many teams actually solved the clue?

Teams Deaf and Ditzy begged the clue from almost everyone in the street and were shocked that Zev and Zevs chum wouldn't give it to them. The Trotters managed to get past the word problem for this season, is anything going to stop them now?

When we do this again we need a different phrase for each team

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-21-11, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Acceleration of the stupid."
I had the same thought. I doubt there will be many word puzzles after this one so Herbert and Nathaniel are past the one challenge which might have eliminated them.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-11, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "A sad beginning"
So Gallory and Mallory (can't help it, that's how I keep thinking of them) were the Einsteins of the bunch. Maybe because they were fresh off the last one their minds were still in game mode.

But what happened to Kynt and Vyxsin? Wah.

It's gotta get better, right?

02-21-11, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A sad beginning"
But what happened to Kynt and Vyxsin?

Does anyone else think Vyxsin sounded like she was out of breath after the paper airplane search?

The charitable way to look at her cipher performance is 'You try thinking straight after the near-panic in the tank.' On the other hand, this is Bashers, so it was still more than a little pitiful -- but at least they were ahead of the cowboys. If the sarcasm of the editing can be trusted for a twentieth of the throw distance, possibly by a half-hour or more.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-11, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Yep"
I thought she looked wiped out already, like maybe she's been ill. I hope they are OK as the race goes on.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-11, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Acceleration of the stupid."
I asked this in the ECST.

Why is it that if your own teammate cannot help you, that another team can?

Why is there no penalty for not completing the task? How many teams actually said, "We're not completing it?"

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

02-21-11, 10:02 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Acceleration of the stupid."
I keep coming back to Brian & Erica in the tower. You can't ask your partner for help, but you are allowed to stop in the middle of the Roadblock, leave the immediate task area, take a break and clear your head. Until you actually say 'We quit', the task is considered to be active. And since teams have pretty much always been allowed to verbally help each other, all this gave us was an exceptionally large wandering area -- which can be producer-justified as 'We had to let them move so they could find the commodore'. So within the rules as we've seen them, it was all legal. Stupid, but legal.

And technically, all you have to do for task completion is provide the password to the commodore. Since there's nothing physical to give him and no missed clue envelopes, the rulebook doesn't care about how you got the answer as long as all stations were visited: meet Phil and head out. Technically, it would have been possible to solve the cipher without the key -- but anyone doing that would have been pushed into the tank. The rulebook cares more about step-by-step order than how each step proceeds.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-21-11, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Acceleration of the stupid."
All I keep hearing is 'mammmmmma, it's not fair'!!!! But, of course it WAS when THEY cheated! WHA????

PALEASEEE. Is this the 'torture you back again with the ones you hated in the first place unfinished business TAR'??????

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-11, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Acceleration of the stupid."
So much for my putting the Cowboys in the winner's circle...

(Of course, since this was a TBC leg, there is still a possibility for a major bunch point. Uluru does have opening and closing hours, I'm sure.)

I don't think this is a spoiler -- Phil did tell the first team in that they were headed for "the back of beyond"

Seana, mistress of siggies 2010

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-21-11, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Acceleration of the stupid."
This was SO maddening! I can't even remember how many of them cheated. . . ! I was yelling at the tv I was so irriatated. You are in a race for a MILLION DOLLARS! You can't even be bothered to decipher the clue? In the first leg they've already given up? What a bunch of wusses! Unbelievable . . .and they all acted like what they were doing was perfectly acceptable! And the clue was so straightforward!

I wish Zev hadn't helped the Trotters. That was not right. And Margie's slur why she helped Kynth and Vixen is she wanted to help a team she could beat - NICE! Gag, I hate that she and her entitled mama's boy are back . . .

ARGH!!! This was supposed to be some people who were actually out to try and win (to redeem themselves and prove they should have won in their seasons) - not a bunch of slackers! Phil should have given each of those cheater teams a 30 minute delay. And if he couldn't because of the rules - he should have at least called them on their behavior!

signature:

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-23-11, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Acceleration of the stupid."
>This was SO maddening! I can't
>even remember how many of
>them cheated. . . !
>I was yelling at the
>tv I was so irriatated.
>You are in a race
>for a MILLION DOLLARS! You
>can't even be bothered to
>decipher the clue? In the
>first leg they've already given
>up? What a bunch of
>wusses! Unbelievable . . .and
>they all acted like what
>they were doing was perfectly
>acceptable! And the clue was
>so straightforward!
>
>I wish Zev hadn't helped the
>Trotters. That was not right.
>And Margie's slur why she
>helped Kynth and Vixen is
>she wanted to help a
>team she could beat -
>NICE! Gag, I hate that
>she and her entitled mama's
>boy are back . .
>.
>
>ARGH!!! This was supposed to be
>some people who were actually
>out to try and win
>(to redeem themselves and prove
>they should have won in
>their seasons) - not a
>bunch of slackers! Phil should
>have given each of those
>cheater teams a 30 minute
>delay. And if he couldn't
>because of the rules -
>he should have at least
>called them on their behavior!
>
>
>
>
>signature:
>
>Not that I have
>an opinion one way or
>another ;)

>Signature by tribephyl

I TOTALLY Agree with you! This is NOT the way we want to see TAR start off this season. It's def left a very bad taste in my mouth, even worse than when I first realized that Margie and Mamma's Boy were coming back and I threw up a little...

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-11, 04:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Tournement of ChampiNOTS"

An entire season devoted to people who tried beforeand lost. Couple this with Survivor including multi-losers Russell & Rob and you have a craptastic reality TV season.

Watch for Watson to show up on Big Brother.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-11, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Acceleration of the stupid."
I was ticked off at the mass-following of the kangaroos in a bunch - second time they just let someone with a brain figure out the clue and then followed each other to the site of their next clue without actually bothering to figure it out themselves.

Like I said over on the East Coast thread, I hope this is not the start of a really bad trend for this season. The producers need to come up with clues that each team must figure out on their own without any help - and prove they did it on their own.

This is fast becoming the Season Of The Stupid.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-11, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Acceleration of the stupid."
Jet and Cord stupefy their way through Australia and still finish near the top.

Ron can't even remember the name of the host and he's still alive.

A lot of people seemed to set out to hate Kisha/Jen and Margie/Loser - they're starting to look like the good ones this season. OK, maybe not Loserboy.

Big Easy is dumb as a rock - but at least he's entertaining. And Flight Time sort of balances him out.

Also, was there ever an Amanda and Kris on the show? Not sure if they're an uran legend or what.

All in all? Worse casting choices than Survivor: Dopes ve. DAWs. And no half-dozen original teams to make it worthwhile.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-11, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Acceleration of the stupid."
(Slipping in an advertisement here)

Maybe it's a good thing I'm planning on doing an Amazing Race Winner's Edition game after this season is over! And before anyone asks -- yeah, I know how hard it is to come up with tasks and locations, but I've done it before -- on a different forum. And that one, I had to create brand-new teams. At least with this one, I can just put in teams that have already raced before -- and won.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •