The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Waves at Spot - Even more teams"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-07-10, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Waves at Spot - Even more teams"
More teams!

Alan Wu is back, and TARA 4 is only just over a week away.

Generally the race is a lot more physical than TAR, and waiting for flights has not been a major part of the show, in fact generally it seems that they all travel on the same flight, it also appears that the teams have only been allowed to travel on airlines that sponsor the show!

The first series allowed us the first all female team to win an Amazing Race, and gave us the memorable team M&M who managed to come fourth despite not being able to do more than shuffle slowly (represent Brothers!)

Sunaina and Dimple - Indian actresses and friends - They seem confident, and say they are in good shape, they have been in Dill Mill Gaye and Aathvan Vachan so in countries with an Indian population they may have an advantage, on the other hand Indian couples haven't done that well in the race, and they look as if they may be worried about their nails chipping.

Sahil and Manas - Indian "actors" and cousins - Sahil is an aspiring actor, and Manas has appeared on the Indian version of "The Bachelorette (oh heavens), they are young and fit, but they haven't travelled much so I don't think they will be able to cope with the different cultures. As with other Indian teams I think they may take short cuts that will come back to haunt them.

Natasha and Hussein - Indonesian father and daughter - Hussein has lived in the US, Canadia and China for a few years so he should be able to cope with that, however he is 53 even if he does look fit. They are running this race so Hussain can spend some time with Natasha before she gets married - This sort of reason always seems to hang an albatross around the neck of the team using it.

Nadine and Yani - Indonesian friends - They have never had an argument and can read each others minds, so leg 3 should be a new experience for them! Their arsenal includes cute outfits and waterproof makeup, so I hope they stick around

Ivan and Tengku - Malaysian husband and wife - He is originally from Hungary, and she looks very scary on the photo, they are martial arts experts so they should be fit, he is a university lecturer and she is a researcher so they should also be smart. If they remain calm they should do very well

Ethan and Mohd - Malaysian friends - Our jokes are quite distasteful and only we find it funny. Plus, we are social misfits, and very petty oh good, looking forward to that. I fear they may be our alpha male team

Jess and Lani - Party girls from The Philippines - OK actually they are from Australia and emigrated to the Philippines. They lvoe adrenaline sports, but it took Lani 3 hours to get over her fear of nights before taking a parachute jump? Might be a surprise wimp out.

Richard and Richard - Friends from the Philippines - Apparently should be called the ****s, pro basketball player (bad TAR pedigree) and an Actor, seem very cocky and competitive, however they may make a balls up of this by concentrating on each other and not on the race.

Claire and Michelle – “Rebels” from Singapore – Now there’s an oxymoron! Really an actress and a musician. Very young and appear to have issues, so I don’t think we will see that much of them

Alan and Wendy – Dating couple from Hong Kong – Well Wendy is from New York, but they are both partially islands right? They are also actors, sigh, actually they may run quite well, but we shall see.

What no teams from Thailand, Sri Lanka or Japan?

My Predictions

Winner - Ivan and Tengku
2nd - Richard and Richard
3rd - Alan and Wendy
4th - Sahil and Manas
5th - Ethan and Mohd
6th - Natasha and Hussain
7th - Nadine and Yano
8th - Sunaina and Dimple
9th - Claire and Michelle
Last - Jess and Lani

Well Spot, what do you think?

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams Max Headroom 09-07-10 1
   RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams qwertypie 10-04-10 3
 RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams PsychoKitty 09-17-10 2
 RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams Starshine 10-04-10 4
 RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams Starshine 12-10-10 5
   RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams featherfish81 12-10-10 6
       RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams Starshine 12-11-10 7
           RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams Molaholic 12-12-10 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-07-10, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams"
It's too bad this show doesn't air in the US, as I like the looks of this cast much better than the US TAR cast.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-10, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams"
I was thinking the same thing.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-17-10, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams"
I love your descriptions Starshine! I wish I could see this series too. It would be a kick to see it all play out: What fun to see our stereotypical couples from other cultures!!!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

10-04-10, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams"
Crying (but waterproof) models gone!

All the other teams seem really good (although the party girls are starting to get annoying)

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

12-10-10, 05:30 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams"
Well my predictions were rubbish then!

Thanks to getting the best flight team Alphamale from Spots hometown (via the USA) win.

The team that I thought would come in 9th prodded posterior and would have made it a real race if they hadn't been ten hours behind after the flights.

TAR needs to start doing tougher legs ala TARA.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-10-10, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams"
This sounds like an interesting show. This has probably been asked before, but is there any way to view this in the US? Online or DVDs??? (Also, is it subtitled?)

12-11-10, 05:28 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams"
I don't think it is broadcast in the US however it is on You Tube.

Regarding subtitles, generally they are not shown, however the language of the race is English.

Let me know what you think Episode 1 part 1

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-10, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams"
Essentially the same as the US version in style and format.

It is in English, and it seems to me that many of the racers may be native English speakers (several with no or slight accents), and I didn't pick up any other languages as they went through the events.

***SPOILER ALERT***
Interesting alternative to the NEL/U-Turn but then I just watched Episode 1, so who knows.

Thanks for posting the link.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •