The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The medication only acts as a temporary suppressant."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-19-11, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The medication only acts as a temporary suppressant."
They're back. And for some of them, the loserdom will continue to ooze from every pore until the hardships of the course and their own stupidity -- mostly the later -- finally do us the honor of getting them off our screens.

At least until Season #19. Because some teams just never finish any of their business. (Right, Jen?)

Returning whether we like it or not:

TAR 17:

Gary Ervin and Mallory Ervin

I found them more or less tolerable, in large part because Mallory had a secondary mission of taking every pageant stereotype and using them as her bridge to walk through the manure piles. I just don't know what made them enough of a producer favorite to justify a return over so many others. Segmented marketing?

TAR 16:

Jet McCoy and Cord McCoy

Homophobia that comes with its very own theme music. Crack that whip, tote that barge, demean those competitors, dance with the girl that brought you followed by beating up the boys in the parking lot, and be oh so glad that you're the alpha male team because after the end of your last run, it's clear you have absolutely nothing else going for you. Welcome to villainhood, buckos -- hope you brought the black hats.

TAR 15:

Nathaniel "The Big Easy" Lofton and Herbert "Flight Time" Lang

And now, for your entertainment, we present the world's first Roadblock in which a contestant will be forced to spell their own name. It's a very special episode. Presented in real time and everything! And do you have any idea how hard it was to clear six straight hours of network programming? Just don't make fun of the time required to the participants in an attempt to make them quit. They hate that. Unless, of course, they're doing it. Hey, Nathaniel -- spell 'it'. Wrong!

Zev Glassenberg and Justin Kanew

Or as they will henceforth be known, Sheldon & Leonard. Given the theme of the season, they're one of the teams who had a real argument for coming back. I don't have any real trouble with their presence, but I think they're going to exit early again. Here's your duck. And here's your twenty dollars.

TAR 14:

Cara Rosenthal and Jaime Edmondson

There's only one thing I can do about their showing up, and I'm going to do it now.

Hello? 911? I need to report a screaming bitch emergency...

Amanda Blackledge and Kris Klicka

Okay, there's an argument here for 'And this time, they'll be the ones doing the screwing!' Plus Amanda has a few people desperately wishing for a reinterpretation on that last sentence. Decent Racers, but not exactly dynamic.

Jennifer Hoffman and LaKisha Hoffman

At this time, I would like to register an official request for this team to go through the race with their mouths taped shut.

Margie Adams and Luke Adams

And at this time, I would also like to ask for this team to run the course with their fingers taped together. (Fair's fair.)

I know the show wants the rivalry. I know they want the screamed accusations, even if half of them will need to be translated for the AMSLAN-unknowing. They want fights, collisions at clue boxes, and triple-checking of the no-contact rules. Y'know what I want? A double-elimination. Which would technically be a quadruple. Hey, we're back in Family Edition! Get rid the families first!

Mel White and Mike White

Mel? Absolutely great guy. Would be an absolute blast to hang out with for a few hours. Joy to indulge in conversation with. I could talk to his son about screenwriting for a while, and I absolutely know we'd all have a good time, potentially finishing with a promise to get back together for more of the same. As Racers?

...yeah.

TAR 12:

Kynt Cothron and Vyxsin Fiala

Of course, if we wanted to make this fair, Vyxsin would be racing around the world towing a 120-lb anchor. (It's basically the same thing as what she's going to wind up doing, only with a chance for her partner to be a little more active.) I have no problems with getting her back. Kynt, however, is likely to remain 'Kant' (which remains an entirely different philosophy), and may even go to 'Shouldnyt'. On that one, we may be too late.

Ronald Hsu and Christina Hsu

The sickness in my stomach comes from an overdose of real Ron flavor. Migawd, do you realize that forty seconds from now, he's scheduled to finally finish his last sentence? The new one will begin with criticisms of his daughter. And us. And his daughter. And the world. And bicycle color labeling. And his daughter. And his daughter. And his daughter. And his -- does any of this sound familiar? It should: if you listen to the wind, you'll pick up the background noise of him doing it right now!

It's gonna be a long Race.

'Unfinished business'. That's funny. Most sewage treatment plants completely process the crap.

Toni & Dallas would have come, but they couldn't find their passports.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The medication only acts as a t... kidflash212 01-24-11 1
   RE: The medication only acts as a t... Estee 01-24-11 2
       RE: The medication only acts as a t... kidflash212 01-24-11 4
           RE: The medication only acts as a t... Estee 01-24-11 7
 RE: The medication only acts as a t... Bursar 01-24-11 3
 RE: The medication only acts as a t... Max Headroom 01-24-11 5
 RE: The medication only acts as a t... Starshine 01-24-11 6
 RE: The medication only acts as a t... Colonel Zoidberg 01-25-11 8
   RE: The medication only acts as a t... Estee 01-25-11 9
 RE: The medication only acts as a t... Belle Book 01-25-11 10
   RE: The medication only acts as a t... mindy23 02-19-11 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-24-11, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The medication only acts as a temporary suppressant."
There is only a 2 out of 11 chance I will be happy with the outcome of the Race.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-24-11, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The medication only acts as a temporary suppressant."
And yet it's still a challenge to fully ID your 2.

For me, it's closer to 3.5. (Which is still horrible.)

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-11, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The medication only acts as a temporary suppressant."
Amanda & Kris

Zev & Justin

My stomach contents might stay down if Kynt & Vyxen won but it's a longshot.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

01-24-11, 05:29 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The medication only acts as a temporary suppressant."
Until further information comes in, I'd be all right with a Gary & Mallory victory added to your group. But our odds are pretty long -- and I'm very worried about Alpha Male Syndrome taking control of the course. A lot's going to depend on task setup and the amount of mental agility required vs. direct physical. We may need a couple of dozen search tasks just to even everything out.

...I don't believe I just said that.

Bursar 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-24-11, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bursar Click to send private message to Bursar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The medication only acts as a temporary suppressant."
And to think, it would still have been possible for the producers to do a worse job of casting...

Caite Upton, anyone? Or maybe Carol and Brandy?

Phil's eyebrow is going to get a workout this season.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-11, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The medication only acts as a temporary suppressant."
As long as Margie & Luke don't win, I'll be willing to watch future seasons of TAR. I'm not a big fan of LaKisha & Jen, nor do I look forward to another season of Ron & Christina either. Wins by any of the other remaining teams would inspire varying levels of distaste but would generally be tolerable.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-24-11, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The medication only acts as a temporary suppressant."
Gary Ervin and Mallory Ervin

Overall I liked them, Gary was a real competitor and Mallory was perky in a good way.

Jet McCoy and Cord McCoy

Didn't learn about the homophobia until after the race, overall I think I like them as well. However we shall have to see what the edit is like.

Nathaniel "The Big Easy" Lofton and Herbert "Flight Time" Lang

To be fair I quite liked the shorter one, however this still strikes me as the worst sort of stunt casting and I would be irked if they were to win.

Zev Glassenberg and Justin Kanew

Unfortunate way to go out and they raced well, I don't remember feeling the lvoe, but I wouldn't be sad if they won.

Cara Rosenthal and Jaime Edmondson

Loud and annoying, the only interesting thing about them was the Dweeze lust.

Amanda Blackledge and Kris Klicka

I still think that was the third worst elimination in TAR history, two very difficult tasks together, the team that got U-Turned didn't have a hope. I still laugh at Klicka for some reason, would really enjoy them winning.

Jennifer Hoffman and LaKisha Hoffman

Fight, fight, fight, hopefully no swimming this time. Hopefully no winning either.

Margie Adams and Luke Adams

I really liked them at the start of their race, although Luke did turn into a whiny little boy. Overall I would prefer they not win, although the editing could change that.

Mel White and Mike White

Great guys, no chance in the race. Although I would be OK with them winning

Kynt Cothron and Vyxsin Fiala

Kynt is an idiot, but again I liked them, quite happy to see them win.

Ronald Hsu and Christina Hsu

Christina was hot, if Ronald has stopped demeaning her I would be happy for them to win as well!

So at the moment I like or could like almost all the teams, this may be an enjoyable race.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-11, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The medication only acts as a temporary suppressant."
Hmph. So I'm officially the only Brian and Ericka fan on the planet. I guess chocolate does, in fact, melt.

Let's review:

Gary and Mallory - I liked these two, actually. That said, they have a good a chance of winning as the Dolphins do of making next year's Super Bowl with Dumbo the Elephant at quarterback.

Jet and Cord - So apparently, they referred to Dan and Jordan by some pretty nasty names. Maybe their excuse is that they thought the brothers were cigarettes. The joke's on them - they got smoked.

Flight Time and Big Easy - Cast for entertainment value, I presume. Pick up the phone - "F." Now pick it up again - "A." Now "I." Now "L." Rearrange those to form a word - it starts with an F; that's all I'm saying.

Zev and Justin - My suggestion: Staple your passports to the palms of your hands. This should be effective both at keeping you in the race and giving the audience a few yuks.

Cara and Jaime - "911, what's your emergency?" "The other teams speak the language here! What are we going to do?" "Umm, you do know this is an English-speaking country, right?" "I know! It's not fair!"

Amanda and Kris - I think they mean an Amanda and Kris from a long time ago. Because my memory doesn't go back that far, and I'm too damn lazy to look it up. Suffice it today, unless they're as entertaining as Chicken George in Big Brother: All-Stars, I'll be fast-forwarding through this team.

Jennifer and LaKisha - a.k.a. Shut the Hell Up and Shut the Fvck Up. I present your luxury item for this time: Depends. Use them once during the Race.

Margie and Luke - Margie was upset that the show didn't even mention that Luke was gay. Sorry, but between "deaf" and "annoying," we just didn't have time to work in "gay." Or much of anything else besides "annoying."

Mel and Mike - Also cast for entertainment value, I presume. Because they have about as much chance to win this Race as Russell has of winning Survivor: Redemption Island.

Kynt and Vyxsin - I present to you your luxury item for this Race: Spellcheck. And I present to Vyxsin a competent partner - oh wait, still stuck with Kynt. Never mind. Maybe in TAR 27: Washed-Up DAW Edition.

Ron and Chris - For Ron, I present an entire bottle of chill pills, and for Chris, I present Vyxsin as a partner. Maybe Ron and Kynt can kill each other. That might make for good TV, at least until Phil has to fly back to the starting mat to Philiminate these two because they can't find their car.

01-25-11, 02:10 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The medication only acts as a temporary suppressant."
LAST EDITED ON 01-25-11 AT 02:11 PM (EST)

So I'm officially the only Brian and Ericka fan on the planet.

My only major objection to them was the way she kept slicing off his limbs. The argument against them is that there really isn't much of an 'unfinished business' angle to their story -- but that's also the problem with pretty much everybody.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-11, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The medication only acts as a temporary suppressant."
Gary & Mallory: I liked them in their season. I just hope they do better with navigation -- including asking locals a whole lot sooner than they did in Oman!

Jet & Cord: well, homophobia isn't a good thing. I still like them but they're a little too much like Alpha Males and I want a non-Alpha Male team to win more.

Flight Time and Big Easy: next time, do memory exercises! Or choose someone who has a good memory to do the memory Roadblocks.

Zev & Justin: I wanted this team to win because Zev & I both have Asperger's Syndrome. I hope they learned to take better care of their possessions!

Amanda & Kris: well, Margie & Luke had good reason to U-Turn Amanda & Kris. Still, I liked them so it was a shame to see them go early.

Cara & Jaime: I liked Cara. I soon stopped liking Jaime. For their sake, I hope Jaime learned how to deal with language and culture differences, or I'll soon wish them gone -- even Cara!

Kisha & Jen: if only they didn't get the U-Turn, have trouble with the Roadblock, have to go to the bathroom, and have their taxi cab driver drop them off in the wrong place, they might have been in the finals! Maybe they'll do better here.

Margie & Luke: they were probably added because of their rivalry with Kisha & Jen. But I think having Carol & Brandy and Brent & Caitie would've been a better rivalry.

Mel & Mike: Doomed. It's too bad.

Kynt & Vyksin: I liked them but I liked Ron & Christina more. And with both teams in the Race, this team won't be the one I'm rooting for.

Ron & Christina: I hope Ron will show that he learned how to treat Christina better during this Race, especially since I wanted them to win in their season!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-19-11, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The medication only acts as a temporary suppressant."
Not to mention one of the worst parts of having Luke and his mom back is that it doesn't even help to stick your fingers in your ears when they are on camera!!!

IF I do NOT watch this season, it will be due to THAT couple...

did I mention I'm really not crazy about mommy's boys????

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •