The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Worst use of a U turn"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

msquared 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-15-10, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail msquared Click to send private message to msquared Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Worst use of a U turn"
I think the cops U-turned the wrong team.

Even though it worked out that the team they U-turned got eliminated, I still think that it was a strategic mistake. They should have U-turned Jeff and Jordan.

First, even though it was a blind U-turn, there were not enough teams ahead of Joe/Heidi for them not to know it was the cops who U-turned them. If the cops had U-turned Jeff/Jordan, any one of 7 teams could have been the ones to use it.

The U-turn should be used to try and make sure someone gets booted from the game. If you already know that Jeff/Jordan have to do a speed bump, add to their misery buy making them do the U-turn. Can you imagine Jordan trying to figure out Morse Code? U-turning Jeff/Jordan would almost make it 100% sure that they would go home.

If Joe is in such pain, you can wait a few days to get rid of him, he would not be that much of a threat.

Again, while it worked out ok for them, I think the cops U-turned the wrong team.

msquared

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Worst use of a U turn Max Headroom 03-15-10 1
   RE: Worst use of a U turn newsomewayne 03-15-10 5
 RE: Worst use of a U turn Snidget 03-15-10 2
   RE: Worst use of a U turn msquared 03-15-10 3
       RE: Worst use of a U turn Snidget 03-15-10 4
           RE: Worst use of a U turn newsomewayne 03-15-10 6
               RE: Worst use of a U turn Snidget 03-15-10 8
       RE: Worst use of a U turn HistoryDetective 03-18-10 12
 RE: Worst use of a U turn PepeLePew13 03-15-10 7
   RE: Worst use of a U turn samboohoo 03-15-10 9
 RE: Worst use of a U turn kidflash212 03-16-10 10
   RE: Worst use of a U turn finallytyping 03-16-10 11
       RE: Worst use of a U turn HistoryDetective 03-18-10 13
           RE: Worst use of a U turn finallytyping 03-18-10 14
   RE: Worst use of a U turn qwertypie 03-18-10 15
       RE: Worst use of a U turn Karchita 03-23-10 16
           RE: Worst use of a U turn PsychoKitty 05-30-10 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-15-10, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-10 AT 07:21 AM (EST)

From a strategic perspective, the team to U-turn is the strongest team, which is Jet and Cord. Louie and Michael made a huge mistake with their decision, as hobbled, bad-knee Joe was probably the weakest competitor left in the race. Even if they didn't like the guy, all they had to do was wait through one or two more legs and Joe/Heidi would've been gone-- Joe wouldn't have been able to keep up.

U-turning Jordan and Jeff would indeed have eliminated them, but again, they're not strong competitors. Sooner or later a task would come along which required a tiny bit of intelligence, and Jordan and Jeff would have an epic fail and be eliminated.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-10, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
100% agree.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-10, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
Why waste the U-turn on a weak team that already had a disadvantage and wouldn't likely be in the way of you getting to, or winning the final leg.

Now Joe/Heidi were still going strong even with the injury, but I might have gone after another strong team as that injury would likely cause the problems sooner or later.

If you are the first team to the U-turn it isn't likely to stay blind if you use it no matter who you target as every other teams knows it was used and could compare notes.

I don't think the cops cared if anyone knew they were there to play rough.

msquared 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-15-10, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail msquared Click to send private message to msquared Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
You see my view of the U-turn is to make sure some one else goes home. The cowboys have shown that they are resilant, and I would not count on them not knowing Morse Code or being able to figure out the challange. You might slow them down, but I would not think it would get them eliminated.

Other teams have come back from Speed Bumps, and they might get luckly. I guess I would want to load up the problems for the team in last place, just to make sure they go home.

msquared

03-15-10, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-10 AT 07:51 AM (EST)

Someone's going home that week no matter what you do.

Making sure a weak team already in trouble happens to be the one going home, why is that important.

Even if the weak team overcomes a speed bump does it matter if they go home this week or next week.

Besides why not make sure the weakest team most likely to screw up is in the final leg with you. You want to only be racing against the strongest people? Really? Wouldn't you rather be one strong competent team against two pairs of bumbling idiots? I know the final leg often comes down to who gets the good taxi, but if there is some memory challenge for all the money wouldn't you want Jeff or Jordan sitting there until they molded over as your competition?

ETF: homophone

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-10, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
ETF: homophone

Please read our guidelines on name calling. I'm afraid I'm going to have to alert you now.

It's party time! Agman is excellent! 2008

03-15-10, 10:03 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-10, 06:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
The cowboys have shown that they are resilant, and I would not count on them not knowing Morse Code.

You're kidding, right? Plane and Cable did not know what a bah-goo-ette was, but you think that they might know Morse Code?! These two have made it clear, through both their comments and their reactions, that they have never cared to be exposed to or learn about anything off the ranch. Being worried that they might have picked up Morse Code somewhere just does not make sense.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-10, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
I had no problem with the cops targetting Joe/Heidi. I felt that U-turning the two stronger teams (Jet/Cord and Steve/Allie) would probably have been a waste as they would have been much more likely to complete the extra task while still being physically able.

Carol and Brandy don't look like particularly stroncg players so no point in U-turning them. Jeff/Jordan and Brent/Caite are mostly nincompoops so I'm sure the cops weren't too worried about needing to beat them out when the time comes.

By contrast, Joe/Heidi were a reasonable bet to go further in the game and have an impact on some of the thinking challenges to come - and not only did Joe rub them the wrong way on the bus, but they know he has the bad knee and making him do an extra task on a physically-difficult field might be enough to knock him quite a ways back, if not eliminate these two.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-10, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
I agree with you.

Besides, I think it would have been safe to assume that (1) Jeff and Jordan were already really far behind and (2) they had the speed bump.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-16-10, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
I think there may have been more dislike between these two teams than was shown on TV. I went to the Elimination Station (first time) and Joe was a real jerk. The obnoxious guy in that video would have been my target too.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-16-10, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
Wow, I totally agree. I went to the ES for the first time, too, and I found Joe to be a real arse. Great use of a U-Turn.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-10, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-10 AT 12:34 PM (EST)

Yeah, he's a real tool ... but did you also notice that woman seems incapable of holding her head upright? Her head is constantly at a tilt, as if she is some sort of Stepford Wife trying to say, "Look, I'm perky!"

edited to fix spelling

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-18-10, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
Yeah, she definitely seemed blinded by her love, or is under some kind of mind control. Her behavior was akin to a mother speaking of her beloved child, saying "Isn't Joey cute when he kicks that puppy!"

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-10, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
Did not like Joe the moment he opened his mouth on the first day. He came across as a domineering, obnoxious bully.

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-23-10, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
I didn't like either one of them. They both were just a tad too fakey perky jerky icky.

Bouquet by c2p

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-30-10, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Worst use of a U turn"
I am finally watching the Elimination Station videos - and Joe IS such an arse! He's in the pool complaining to Jeff and Adrian about being U-turned, and they were suggesting it was for personal reasons by "the detectives", not for being threatened by him being competition in the race: he doggedly refused to believe it could be personal and said he would tease them for eliminating him (NOTE it is always HIM not them! ;):
"If they think a one legged man with a wife is competition. . ." WHAT?!!!!! Quel Douche!!!!

Later he's talking to Heidi and she straight out tells him it had nothing to do with her and they probably thought he was too much "in their face" and instead of learning from that (!!!) he repeats the "threat of a one legged man and a PTA Mom." ACK!!!!!! There is no hope for Joe. .. Run away Heidi! Enough with the forced smile. . .

Don't you love how EVERYONE is stroking his ego by telling him he's such strong competition. Gag . . .

And the scene of him lowballing the jeweler in Mexico over an inexpensive silver ring - what a jerk! I would kick him out of my store! His wife seems really nice but a total enabler, "this isn't the first time, nor will it be the last that Joe has made someone mad." GREAT! What a terrific marriage you got there! At least as head of the "clean up crew" she's always got a job to do!!!!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •