The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Speed Bump"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-09, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Speed Bump"
OK, so our father (He of the Hay Bale) and son (He of the Polychromatic follicles) duo will have to do a speed bump -- what kind of task should we expect this time 'round?

The Poker Girls had the opus maximus of bringing a bowl of nearly-ready made soup to a working-stiff People's Guard, something that must have taken all of 30 seconds.

Gary & Matt -- what will you do?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Speed Bump Estee 11-11-09 1
 RE: Speed Bump vince3 11-11-09 2
   RE: Speed Bump featherfish81 11-12-09 5
 RE: Speed Bump Max Headroom 11-12-09 3
 RE: Speed Bump Seana 11-12-09 4
   RE: Speed Bump MKitty 11-16-09 6
 RE: Speed Bump kidflash212 11-16-09 7
   RE: Speed Bump JessicaRN 11-16-09 8
 RE: Speed Bump LibraRising 04-05-10 9
   RE: Speed Bump samboohoo 04-05-10 10
       RE: Speed Bump LibraRising 04-05-10 11
           RE: Speed Bump kidflash212 04-05-10 13
               RE: Speed Bump LibraRising 04-05-10 14
   RE: Speed Bump kidflash212 04-05-10 12
 Mike & Louie kidflash212 04-26-10 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Speed Bump"
Given the difficulty rating on the last one, I'd say tying their shoelaces together at the starting mat and waiting for them to get the things separated again should do it.

No sailor knots allowed.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Speed Bump"
For all we know, the candleabra task is their Speed Bump........ Remember, they were the only ones shown doing it......

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-12-09, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Speed Bump"
True, but it was just Matt walking around. If it were the speed bump, they would have been working together, and I bet Gary knows what a candalabra is.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-09, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Speed Bump"
Given that I like this team and enjoy watching them, their speed bump task will probably be to translate Dostoyevsky's "Crime and Punishment" into Estonian.

Capn2patch 2009

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-09, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Speed Bump"
Well, they're in Sweden right now - which doesn't mean they won't be travelling on before that - but hmmm...a really easy Swedish task...

- counting stuff at IKEA. 67...68...69...80...
- eating pickled herring No, I guess they already had to eat some kind of salted fish, so they prolly won't eat herring.
- prepare and serve (or eat) Swedish meatballs
- organise ABBA records alphabetically or by year
- ABBA karaoke
- get a Swedish massage
- give a Swede a massage
- join the Swedish bikini team

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-16-09, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Speed Bump"
Hey, you were actually kind of close with the "Swedish massage" guess...as there was a Swedish girl in the sauna...and the sauna often goes along with a massage..so good guess!

Tribe manga'd my mug

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-16-09, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Speed Bump"
Not finding the clue box at the Tower took longer than the speed bump. this whole leg was designed so that whoever came in last at the hay bales could get back into the race. The ferry bunch and an easy speed bump could have made it easy for Gary & Matt to keep up but the Tower misread and bad cab driver did them in.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-16-09, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Speed Bump"
Especially after the attitudes of the other racers, these two guys were just a pleasure to watch. Last night was definitely not one of their finer moments, but I always appreciate when someone shows a little appreciation for where they find themselves (or in the case of the sauna bus, who they find themselves with!

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-10, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Speed Bump"
The lame speed bump strikes again!

I know everyone loves the cowboys, and even my feelings for them have changed from negative to apathetic--at this point, they're one of three teams whose winning would not necessarily thrill but not necessarily annoy me--but let's put their amazing, super-duper, unprecedented last-to-first move in perspective.

1. They got an immediate bunch point
2. They probably were the only team left who could physically complete the speedier detour task. (Dan and Jordan might have been able to do it. Allie couldn't. Caite, the out-of-shape detective and Carol most certainly would not have.)
3. The speed bump involved carrying a single cup of tea a few hundred feet. Something an intersected team of Jeff and Jordan and Dan and Andrew probably couldn't have managed to screw up too badly.

A kyngsladye klassic with an IceCat chaser

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-10, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Speed Bump"
I have no problem with it. It was an extra task to do. They had to leave the location, do the task, and come back. They had to find the place, find the right tea and serve it. If I were to complain about any speed bump, I would complain about Jeff & Jordan's, and I didn't even complain about that.

We've had teams wash their hair and serve Holy water.

Perhaps they should make the teams do both detour tasks if they want to give them something else to do.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

04-05-10, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Speed Bump"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-10 AT 03:40 PM (EST)

And serve soup and sit in a sauna!

What was J&J's task? I don't even remember it, though I have no doubt it was lame.

Doing both detours is a bit harsh and would almost guarantee an elimination. (which is why I'm not a big fan of the U-turn -- I liked the old 30-minute wait better, which wasn't quite the deathblow)

If I recall correctly, Gary & Matt are the only team to ever be eliminated on the leg in which they had to complete a speed bump (and that wasn't so much because of the speed bump). And no team has ever survived a U-turn.

How about this as a non-elimination punishment? The team has to race the next leg in silence. No talking to other teams, locals or even each other except to perform absolute necessary tasks: reading clues, deciding which detour to do and who's going to do the roadblock, buying plane tickets, giving a cab driver a location, etc.

04-05-10, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Speed Bump"
Jeff & Jordan had to build the fence in the same trenches as the Morse Code detour. A little too easy.

I like the Speed Bump much better than taking all their money and belongings. I always hated seeing teams beg.

04-05-10, 03:58 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Speed Bump"
Oh, I hated that too -- especially in poorer countries. The speed bump was a step in the right direction.

04-05-10, 03:42 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Speed Bump"
As far as Speed Bumps go, I thought this one was a better balance than previous ones. It was not so easy that it was worthless (they had to travel by taxi to another location, figure out which was the right tea, etc.) or so difficult that the team had no chance to get back in the race.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

04-26-10, 04:53 PM (EST)
15. "Mike & Louie"
I would enjoy if the Speed Bump involved shooting a gun and they can't get it right. I would enjoy it but sadly not be surprised.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •