The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Globetrotters"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-30-09, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Globetrotters"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-09 AT 02:33 PM (EST)

Dumbest move by the dumbest team in the history of Amazing Race. All they had to do was scramble 5 letters to make one word. There are only so many combinations especially with only one vowel. Taking a 4 hour penalty and just sitting there and doing nothing instead of trying was so boneheaded. Then to sell it off as strategy to quit……HUH????? This team was in the final four and to just quit over a word scramble. I can understand if it was a food you can not eat or if it is some task that cases fear but this was beyond dumb. I thought it was dumb that the one team quit over a waterslide…but this was by far worse.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Globetrotters dabo 11-30-09 1
 RE: Globetrotters Max Headroom 11-30-09 2
   RE: Globetrotters dabo 11-30-09 9
 RE: Globetrotters Karchita 11-30-09 3
 RE: Globetrotters trigirl 11-30-09 4
   RE: Globetrotters bullzeye 11-30-09 5
       RE: Globetrotters HistoryDetective 11-30-09 6
           RE: Globetrotters Snidget 11-30-09 7
               RE: Globetrotters featherfish81 12-04-09 19
       RE: Globetrotters kidflash212 12-01-09 12
   RE: Globetrotters KwietOne 11-30-09 8
   RE: Globetrotters kidflash212 12-01-09 10
       RE: Globetrotters Max Headroom 12-01-09 11
           RE: Globetrotters dabo 12-01-09 13
               RE: Globetrotters CTgirl 12-01-09 14
                   RE: Globetrotters Karchita 12-01-09 15
                       RE: Globetrotters CTgirl 12-01-09 16
                           RE: Globetrotters JessicaRN 12-01-09 17
                               RE: Globetrotters Karchita 12-06-09 22
       RE: Globetrotters featherfish81 12-05-09 21
 RE: Globetrotters moonbaby 12-01-09 18
 RE: Globetrotters Belle Book 12-05-09 20
 RE: Globetrotters xiawei 02-04-10 23
   RE: Globetrotters Belle Book 02-05-10 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-30-09, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Globetrotters"
The bells, the bells, the ringing of the bells! Hard to thimk, bells bells bells!

They did quit, but at least it wasn't until Brian and Ericka had passed them.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-09, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Globetrotters"
Assuming the first letter is indeed "F", there are 24 total permutations of the remaining four letters. Surely Big Easy could've gone through that many combinations in less than four hours.

But then again, nobody said professional basketball players had to be smart.

"Play expert, you n00b." - Max's DS

11-30-09, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Globetrotters"
Harlem Globetrotters are not professional basketball players, they are professional basketball entertainers.

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-30-09, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Globetrotters"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-09 AT 04:26 PM (EST)

Mind-boggling.

I think he was intimidated. He didn't believe that he could do it, so he quit. It makes me wonder about his level of education.

EDF spelling, so people wouldn't wonder about my level of education.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-30-09, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Globetrotters"
I am so sad! Darn those Brothers are mean.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-30-09, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Globetrotters"
Agreed. My first thought was "wow - what a dvckwad Dan was". Upon reflection though, it is a race for a million dollars. I get why he walked away. I don't like it. But I get it.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-09, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Globetrotters"
Dan may have been a complete jerk in this situation, but in the end it is in no way his fault that (a) the Globetrotter was not clever enough to figure out the puzzle or (b) that both Globetrotters decided to quit and take the penalty rather than continue the task. No, Dan's not going to win any awards for Mr. Congeniality, but it's not fair to portray it as his fault that the Globetrotters were eliminated. The Globetrotters only have two people to blame: themselves.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-09, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Globetrotters"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-09 AT 10:00 PM (EST)

From the interview on the main page:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-flight-time-lang-and-big-easy-lofton-talk-the-amazing-race-10018.php

It sounds like part of the problem was he was trying to keep track of what he tried and came up with Franz but thought he'd already tried it and it wasn't the right answer.

That could really mess you up if you have something on your already tried list when you hadn't tried it.

ETA: Although I would think that at some point I'd assume I'd messed up the list and go back through it again.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-04-09, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Globetrotters"
"ETA: Although I would think that at some point I'd assume I'd messed up the list and go back through it again."

Yeah, me too. Go ahead, take a five minute break, and start the list again.

Even if it took five minutes to fill out the form, he could have gone through the 24 permutations twice in four hours (not to mention the 2 1/2 he had already spent).

I had almost forgotten about the briefcase task - I guess they just get stuck in one mindset.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-01-09, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Globetrotters"
Didn't Cheyne do the exact same thing to the Trotters last week? Agree to work with them and then ditch them? There should be the same amount of anger directed at him.

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-30-09, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Globetrotters"
Dan was more than generous giving him the first letter.

Just like that briefcase task in Dubai, they over thought it. They have only themselves to blame {do I hear an echo?}

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-09, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Globetrotters"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-09 AT 11:08 AM (EST)

I know I'm the resident rationalizer for Sam & Dan but I don't think this was all that mean. He did give him the correct first letter (after all Dan could have told him the first letter was Z) and as he said in the cab expected Nathaniel to get the name within five minutes. He was just giving his team a lead which is the point in a race. I think the working together thing was edited to seem more than it was - I didn't see them actually working together. "Nice Guy" Brian didn't offer any help either.

ETA - By giving him the first letter Dan reduced the possible combinations from 120 to 24 - I think that qualifies as working with him.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-09, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Globetrotters"
Despite my dislike of Dan (Sam seems ok), I agree that he made the correct strategic choice. Their "let's figure it out together" agreement was a spur of the moment thing, nothing more. Even after Dan left, Big Easy had plenty of time to figure it out before Team Zebra arrived, and his failure to get it done falls on him, not on Dan.

12-01-09, 10:46 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Globetrotters"
What's really funny is when Dan asked Big Easy what letters he got Big Easy said

F - A - R - N - Z.

Get Smart voice, "Missed it by that much!"

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-09, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Globetrotters"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-09 AT 03:46 PM (EST)

I agree with kid and max, Dan made the correct choice. They were racing for a place in the finals!

But come on, Big Easy, even if you've never heard of Kafka, I'm sure you've heard of the name Franz before (Hans and Franz from SNL came to mind!). That's the only word that would've made sense knowing no German. Try it again instead of giving up!!

ETA: LOL to Dabo!

12-01-09, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Globetrotters"
Or not knowing any Czech ...

Is remembering the swinging Czechoslovakian brothers from SNL going to really, really date me?

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-09, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Globetrotters"
No, DS has watched all of the best of SNL DVDs and so have his friends and cousins. Its kind of classic comedy now! (Now that may make you feel dated!

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-01-09, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Globetrotters"
I wonder if the attitude of the guy stamping their attempts with X's somehow got to him. I liked these guys and hated to see them go out this way.

12-06-09, 02:11 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Globetrotters"
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-09 AT 02:14 AM (EST)

To CT girl, yes, that dated me, but I knew I was dating myself anyhow.

To Jessica, yes, who wouldn't feel a bit rejscted with that treatment? I liked these guys, too, but they kept making it harder and harder to root for them.

Christmasized by the one and only Sharnina

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-05-09, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Globetrotters"
In retrospect, though, I think it would have been better for Dan to have just given him the answer. We can be pretty sure that the final leg will include a mental task, and so far the Globetrotters haven't proven that adept at mental tasks. It might have improved the brothers chances to help them into the final three.

Of course, I know it was early in the leg, and they didn't know how far behind Brian and Erika were. It could have come back to bite them, so I don't blame them for not doing it. Hindsight is 20/20.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-09, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Globetrotters"
It was so frustrating to watch that! Astounding. He must have felt like it was impossible to be willing to take that penalty. Adios globetrotters!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-09, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Globetrotters"
Certainly one of the dumbest moves on the Race. But I think it was because Big Easy overthought it a bit and got too much of a one-track mind and really lost track of what was going on. At least he didn't quit until Brian & Ericka finished.

xiawei 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-04-10, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xiawei Click to send private message to xiawei Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Globetrotters"
the walter slide girl really killed it for me---i mean what did she think she was going to be doing and forget her---why would this guy take a girl like that on the amazing race. i loved the globetrotters and yeah that word challenge was something else.
i was such a fan and still i watch it alot but that waterslide deal just made me sick --can you imagine your chance at a million and you can't get down the water slide--omg!!That would be a deal breaker---i can only think that maybe he did not know just how frightened she was of heights.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-10, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Globetrotters"
It's possible that Mika (the waterslide girl) thought she could handle the waterslide, but once she actually had to go down it, she couldn't overcome her fear. I think I heard Mika say that in an interview.

And speaking of the Globetrotters (who arrived while Mika was trying to overcome her fear -- and failing), I wasn't too happy with their efforts to psych Mika out, but I could see why they did it -- it is a race, after all.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •