The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-16-09, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
Sour grapes! Looked to me like the bump was totally unintentional.

After the hay episode I wasn't too thrilled with them, and after last night that feeling is solidified.

Boo, brothers. Boo.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The brothers and the globetrott... mindy23 11-16-09 1
 RE: The brothers and the globetrott... VisionQuest 11-16-09 2
   RE: The brothers and the globetrott... MKitty 11-16-09 4
 RE: The brothers and the globetrott... Max Headroom 11-16-09 3
   RE: The brothers and the globetrott... kidflash212 11-16-09 7
       RE: The brothers and the globetrott... Max Headroom 11-16-09 24
 RE: The brothers and the globetrott... kidflash212 11-16-09 5
   RE: The brothers and the globetrott... dajaki 11-16-09 6
       RE: The brothers and the globetrott... mikey 11-16-09 8
       RE: The brothers and the globetrott... kidflash212 11-16-09 9
           RE: The brothers and the globetrott... jbug 11-16-09 10
               RE: The brothers and the globetrott... kidflash212 11-16-09 13
               RE: The brothers and the globetrott... Prof_ Wagstaff 11-16-09 14
           RE: The brothers and the globetrott... LibraRising 11-16-09 11
               RE: The brothers and the globetrott... kidflash212 11-16-09 12
                   RE: The brothers and the globetrott... newsomewayne 11-16-09 16
                       RE: The brothers and the globetrott... kidflash212 11-16-09 17
                           RE: The brothers and the globetrott... newsomewayne 11-16-09 18
                               RE: The brothers and the globetrott... kidflash212 11-16-09 19
                                   RE: The brothers and the globetrott... newsomewayne 11-16-09 21
                                       RE: The brothers and the globetrott... kidflash212 11-16-09 22
                                           RE: The brothers and the globetrott... Belle Book 11-16-09 23
                                               RE: The brothers and the globetrott... newsomewayne 11-17-09 26
 Second verse... newsomewayne 11-16-09 15
   RE: Second verse... Estee 11-16-09 20
 Looked to me moonbaby 11-16-09 25
   RE: Looked to me newsomewayne 11-17-09 27
       RE: Looked to me kingfish 11-17-09 28
       RE: Looked to me Prof_ Wagstaff 11-17-09 29
       RE: Looked to me samboohoo 11-17-09 30
       RE: Looked to me Tublecane 11-23-09 35
           RE: Looked to me Tublecane 11-23-09 36
           RE: Looked to me kingfish 11-23-09 37
               RE: Looked to me Tublecane 11-24-09 39
                   RE: Looked to me kingfish 11-24-09 40
                       RE: Looked to me Tublecane 11-25-09 41
                           RE: Looked to me kingfish 11-25-09 42
                               RE: Looked to me HistoryDetective 11-25-09 43
 RE: The brothers and the globetrott... fleaismycat 11-18-09 31
   RE: The brothers and the globetrott... kingfish 11-18-09 32
 RE: The brothers and the globetrott... LibraRising 11-21-09 33
   RE: The brothers and the globetrott... CTgirl 11-21-09 34
 RE: The brothers and the globetrott... jbug 11-24-09 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-16-09, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
ITA!!! They cannot be gone soon enough!! I can't stand that they made it this far. They're creepy, weepy, and just plain WEIRD!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-16-09, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-09 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

I acutally thought the opposite of what you did. It seemed like the Globetrotters were the ones with the sour grapes. The trotters were complaining that the one brother threw an elbow, but it looked more like the trotters slipped and hit the brother.

Maybe I am reading your post wrong?

fixed where to were.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-16-09, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
I'm with Vision Quest....as I think it was the Trotters who were jerks and we trying to push one of the brothers out of the way.

The Trotters were wearing shoes and the brothers were running barefoot, so I think it was just plain rude and mean of one of the big guys to try to push the barefoot guy on the boardwalk. Come on...they knew they would be first or second...not first...as surely they saw that Megan and Cheyne were already gone...

I like both the brothers and the Globetrotters, but I did think that they little "push" from the Trotter was totally uncalled for.

Tribe manga'd my mug

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
I'm with you. I think the brothers are incredibly whiny.

another nifty agman creation

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-16-09, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-09 AT 02:36 PM (EST)

Only Big Easy was whining last night. And lying since Dan didn't throw any elbows.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
No argument, your points are valid. And I still find the brothers to be incredibly whiny.

agman 2009

11-16-09, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-09 AT 03:13 PM (EST)

Exactly what did Sam & Dan do? Get knocked down from behind?The smug, entitled Globetrotters were in the wrong in this situation.

And Sam & Dan weren't complaining or exhibiting sour grapes it was the Globetrotters. Sam & Dan didn't have any reason to complain - they won the foot race.

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-16-09, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
As much as I've liked the Globetrotters and found nothing wrong with their actions towards Micah and Canaan, I agree that they were a bit dirty last night (course, mud will do that to you). They knew they weren't racing to beat elimination, that the boardwalk was too narrow for running two abreast and that they couldn't expect their competition to stop and step aside for them to run past. Pushing and shoving was less Meadowlark Lemon, more Charles Barkley, and very unbecoming.

mikey 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-16-09, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
Me thinks the Globetrotters are too used to playing the Washington Generals, rather than other teams that are trying to win too.

Basketball is a sport made for whining to the officials to try to draw a foul. Some of the greatest actors of our time are basketball players taking a dive at the slightest bump.

11-16-09, 03:04 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
I think I'll start using the Globetrotters way of thinking next time a slow moving older person is in my way on the street or in the subway. I'll shove them out of my way and then act like they did something to me.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
Watch out kid... One of us might push back

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

11-16-09, 03:37 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
Good then I can blame you for the whole thing.

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-16-09, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
After college, I spent a year living and traveling aroung Europe.
Back then when you took a boat between the Greek Island, they would corral all the deck class passengers into a big gated area and when they were ready to board they opened up the gang plank and everyone streamed on board. *moooo*
Deck chairs were on a first come first receive basis so it was in your interest to get on quickly.
One time as I approached the gang plank a woman who looked much like this:

came out of nowhwere, picked up her BIG black suitcase with both hands and body slammed me out of the way. As I staggered back she waddled on board dragging that suitcase behind her.

Lesson learned?
Never mess with little old ladies, they just might beat you to a pulp.

Into the magna tribe by phyl

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
Sounds like just another Tuesday on the A train for me.

It is the fastest way to Harlem, after all!

11-16-09, 03:36 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
It's usually an E or F for me. I wonder if people would feel differently about the Globetrotters actions if it was Gary & Matt they knocked down?

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
Are you saying what I think you are saying?

surfkitten siggie and board shop 2007

11-16-09, 07:09 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-09 AT 07:16 PM (EST)

I doubt it- All I was saying was if it was a more well liked team in this situation the blame would have fallen right where it belonged - with the Globetrotters. I've watched the clip several times - Dan did nothing to Flight Time, no elbows, no shoving, he wasn't even facing his direction. Flight Time stepped on the edge of the path and slipped grabbing Dan on the way down.

11-16-09, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
All I was saying was if it was a more well liked team in this situation

Okay, thanks. I never really thought of them as a well liked team, just a "there's those other guys" team. I thought you might be saying if this had happened to a non-gay team then people here would be more upset. I apologize for the assumption.

11-16-09, 07:20 PM (EST)
19. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
No one has ever had bad word to say about Gary & Matt on the lvoe lists. They've been the favorite team for two weeks now. That's why I used them in my example. Honestly I can't see how anyone watching the show last night could think Sam & Dan did anything wrong.

11-16-09, 07:56 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
As I said before, I haven't seen it. I don't think they did anything wrong. I just think both teams already had ill-will towards each other and took exactly what they wanted to from this incident to blame the other team of misconduct.

11-16-09, 08:02 PM (EST)
22. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-09 AT 08:07 PM (EST)

Only one person was blaming anybody - Big Easy. Sam, Dan & Flight Time just shrugged it off. It wasn't anything like the fight on the mat from last season. Just Big Easy being a sore loser.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-09 AT 08:57 PM (EST)

Or Big Easy assuming the worst because there already was some bad feelings between him & Flight Time and the brothers. If there are bad feelings between your team and another one and you're racing to the Pit Stop and something like this happens, it's easy to assume the worst. I'm not saying that Big Easy was right to blame Dan, I'm just saying that he might not have been a sore loser like you say.

11-17-09, 08:50 AM (EST)
26. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
Thanks, belle. That is what I've been trying to say. And I still feel that way after having watched it last night.

11-16-09, 06:08 PM (EST)
15. "Second verse..."
same as the first.

I haven't seen this yet, but from the apologists' posts on these boards, I'm sure both parties can share the blame here.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Second verse..."
'Al, what are you doing? Leave me out of this.'

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Looked to me"
like the globetrotter that had contact slipped and fell. Racing to the mat, yes, but it was an accident. At the mat the brothers implied it was intentional, and that is what put me off. We've seen before how this just fosters bad feelings, and the globetrotters responded in kind. If someone accused me of playing dirty I would probably get defensive myself.

Speaking of subways, a while back I was walking down a bunch of subway steps and some guy came rushing down with a giant suitcase. He slipped and immediately went to grab onto something. I was the nearest something so I won the death grip on my arm while I grabbed onto the handrail. Got a nice bruise. If we were in TAR would he be out to get me?

11-17-09, 09:01 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Looked to me"
Knowing what was going to happen, I watched it in slow motion. The camera distance was bad and the angles weren't the best, but it looked to me as if one brother's arm flailed out to the side just as Flight Time went down. Not an intentional motion to impede FT, just part of a natural all-out sprint. I think this would account for 1)"Elbows came into play" - perhaps, but not intentional. FT was trying to run past another runner on a three foot slippery bridge. 2)"I don't see how I could have turned and pushed him" - No, but your arms were swinging back and forth. Sometimes when you're focused on what is in front of you, you don't realize what is happening behind you. 3)It wouldn't take much to fall. The footing on the bridge was not the best. FT had already slipped once when no one was around him. It would not take much contact with another force, intentional or not, to start a chain reaction. Don't believe me? Watch a NASCAR race some time. I suggest Talladega.

In conclusion, I think the whole thing was an accident. I think built-up feelings and attitudes by both teams played into the reactionary/defensive postures of both teams. If this had happened between, say, Megan/Cheyne? and the poker girls, it probably would have ended at the mat with apologizes and admissions of accidents.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-09, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Looked to me"
I agree with Gruesome,

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/1642.shtml#7

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-17-09, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Looked to me"
Thanks for the slo-mo replay, Wayne. That's kinda what I figured. Just the jumble of arms and legs from two highly competative and advisarial teams racing for first second place.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-09, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Looked to me"
I agree with you.

I think some of the hype was built up from the previews and from the captioning of what they were saying - the editing.

Having said that, As you said, FT had already slipped and fallen once. Also, it was a narrow walkway. I'm not sure what they thought was going to happen, but heat of the moment, I get it.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Tublecane 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-23-09, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Looked to me"
"In conclusion, I think the whole thing was an accident."

I almost agree, but I have to ask, what was Flight Time thinking? He knew they'd be third or second, so there was no pressing need to pass the brothers. The bridge was narrow, so there was no way to pass them by without touching them. The footing was usure, so there's little chance contact wouldn't result in people falling. Simply put, he should have held back. No chance to pass without sore feelings.

Not that it's that big of a deal, but if anyone has a right to complain, it's the brothers. Flight Time had no business being there in the first place. That he should start complaining about elbows is ridiculous.

11-23-09, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Looked to me"
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-09 AT 08:33 PM (EST)

"Flight Time had no business being there in the first place. That he should start complaining about elbows is ridiculous."

Or was it the other globetrotter who complained?

11-23-09, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Looked to me"
I can tell you what he was thinking. "I'm faster than he is, but he's blocking me from passing."

In sports you get run over if you try and block a faster runner. That's life, if you try and block a faster runner you risk getting run over. As it was FT appeared to be trying to get past without actually running over the guy.

Adding elbowing to blocking would be making a transgression even more egregious.

11-24-09, 06:25 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Looked to me"
"In sports you get run over if you try and block a faster runner"

If you stand on the baseline in baseball, you deserve what's coming to you. But Amazing Race is not supposed to be a contact sport. What, were the brothers supposed to step aside and let him pass? They were in front; they had position. The guy behind obviously knew that, and his decision to attempt to pass had to be based on a willingness to instigate contact. That his team would proceed to complain is ridiculous. They were the instigators.

"As it was FT appeared to be trying to get past without actually running over the guy."

There was no way to avoid contact under the circumstances. No way to pass without contact unless the other team yields, and there's no reason why they'd do so. Unless they didn't want to get hit, but then the Globetrotter would just be a bully. "Move or else I'll run you over." Not noble play, especially when nothing is at stake.

"Adding elbowing to blocking would be making a transgression even more egregious."

I can't understand for the life of me how blocking is a transgression, since the world is not run by the maxim "to the faster go the spoils". But let's say it is, then why isn't elbowing justifiable? If the globetrotter can instigate contact by deciding to pass on an unpassable bridge, why can't they instigate contact back? It would be the globetrotter's fault, essentially, because he gave them no choice but to be run over or be knocked out of the way.

What really happened, I think almost everyone agrees, is that the brother accidentally hit the globetrotter, the globetrotter fell and took the brother with him. So there you have it. The globetrotter's decision to attempt a pass resulted in him bumping into the team in front, and ultimately hurting himself.

He should have known, since it was obvious, that the decision to run up to them was a decision to bump into them. Which leads to my question: what was he thinking? Why did he think trying to pass would lead to anything better than what happened?

A little contact isn't so bad. I might not like it if I was the brothers, but whatever. One thing is certain, though: the globetrotters, of all people, have absolutely no grounds to complain.

11-24-09, 11:14 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Looked to me"
It's really simple. It boiled down to a contest of foot speed, with finishing first and the attendant advantage that that entails. A foot race is a foot race, and if you block, you get put into the wall. It's a really simple concept in that's prevalent in sports.

If the contest is of foot speed (which the dash to the mat certainly was), why would it be fair for the slower guy to block the faster guy? Clearly, the win should go to the speedier racer. That's the point of a race.

Again, FT was thinking (IMO) that that he was speedier and shouldn't give up on the race without trying to pass. There was a wreck. In sports, wrecks happen they are part of the business. And I'm sure FT knew that that was a possibility, but that he felt (and I agree) that he was justified in trying his luck. Otherwise he'd just be giving up. Not everyone is willing to do that, especially not a pro athlete.

11-25-09, 02:53 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Looked to me"
"It's really simple. It boiled down to a contest of foot speed, with finishing first and the attendant advantage that that entails."

The entailed advantage was less than a minute's headstart, right? Not worth the bother. As for it being a contest of foot spped, no, not really, since there was no way to get past them that I can see without knocking them out of the way. So, like a runner sliding into home plate when the catcher is waiting with the ball, it is no longer a matter of speed once the globetrotter approaches the brothers. Forgetting for a second the possibility of sliding around the catcher, it is a contest of brute force.

"A foot race is a foot race, and if you block, you get put into the wall. It's a really simple concept in that's prevalent in sports"

A foot race is indeed not a foot race. For instance, a race in an open field or on a track is different from a race on a narrow wooden bridge. In the case of the latter, it is no longer about how fast you are; it's about whether you can pass without physical violence. He clearly couldn't, which should have been obvious.

Now, I don't know all the Amazing Race rules, so I don' know if bumping and causing to be knocked down is verbotten. But I do know that it's frowned upon, and I do know most of the players I've seen go out of their way to avoid it.

Again, it's not a big deal to me. No injuries, no scandal. I just wonder why he bothered to try, unless he wanted to bump the brothers. It could be the pro athlete within him, but he should realize, he's not setting a pick on a Washington General anymore; he's playing a reality game where people generally avoid contact with eachother.

"And I'm sure FT knew that that was a possibility, but that he felt (and I agree) that he was justified in trying his luck."

I don't. Swallow your pride about your speed. Either you or them or both will end up in the drink, unless you deliberately chuck them over the side. He didn't intend the latter, and obviously hadn't given much thought to the former. There were two possible outcomes: 1) he hurts himself and doesn't pass anyway, or 2) he gets labeled and a-hole for putting his opponents "into the wall" for a measely few second lead.

11-25-09, 10:09 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Looked to me"
It was a contest of foot speed. A foot race. To the faster team went any possible spoils (as yet undetermined). There was a collision when the faster team came up behind the slower team and could not get past. Pretty inevitable.

The advantage was possibly finishing first. They were actually going for second and third, but they probably didn't know that. The actual winners weren't anywhere around so both teams may have thought that no one had finished yet.

Even if you discount the fact that they are in a contest, competing, and that a foot race is all that separates winner and loser, and that at least one team (Both I think) have natural competitive urges, the prize for finishing first is your reason he (or any of them) would try and pass. The prize at the end of a leg is substantial.

You and FT would disagree about the decision to try and pass. You would give up at that point figuring you had already lost and cede the possible first place finish. And FT didn't. Fair enough. From this I surmise that FT is more competitive than you would be. Again, fair enough. But just because he has a more competitive spirit than you, you can't fault him for trying to harder than you would to win.

A lot of what you say are reasons that a person might come up with in a debate, using intellectual powers to weigh one position against the other, and you do it well, you have valid points. However, if the decision is to be made in the heat of battle, I think the proactive decision the FT made was reasonable, superior, and even what I would expect of him.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-09, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Looked to me"
From this I surmise that FT is more competitive than you would be.

I think an equally valid way to express this would be:

From this I surmise that FT is more reckless than you would be.

Does your logic apply only to foot races? I'm curious to know if the same rationale applies to races in cars. If the teams were on a narrow road, how aggressive /reckless / competitive should a reasonable / sportsman person be?

Or, how about if the race is on a scaffolding that involves climbing down from the top? If a competitor is moving slowly, is it fair game to simple try to climb down past / over him? If somebody happened to get knocked off the scaffolding, well, that's just how the Race works...?

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-18-09, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fleaismycat Click to send private message to fleaismycat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
I think it was an accident personally.

I think that when your racing to the mat and feeling competative you might take things more seriously than you otherwise would.

I think Flighttime took the right approach. Didn't he not say anything? It was Big Easy who said the threatening comment. Flighttime is a big boy and doesn't need Big Easy to stand up for him. I think in this case not getting into it would have been the best approach when you got to the mat. However, I can see how both teams might be annoyed with each other.

I can say it didn't make me like either team more.

11-18-09, 02:58 PM (EST)
32. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-09 AT 07:58 PM (EST)

Minor point - but I think it was actually Phil, not Big Easy, who said something like "Big Easy looks like he wants to whip someone's butt". I'd have to replay it to be sure, but I don't reacall Big Easy having much to say. He did have a a scowl.

In essence I agree that it was a "no harm, no foul, it's just racing" incident.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-09, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
If you watch the full clip, it wasn't really as contentious between them as they made it seem.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_15/2009_Nov_16_mat_footage

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-09, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
Great clip, thanks for posting that. Poor Flight Time - no one let him talk!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-09, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: The brothers and the globetrotter bump"
They really should be thankful that no one got hurt during that bit. Either could have broken an ankle, leg or arm - especially Big Easy since he fell off the side of the wooden walkway.
I would have bruises all over after such a fall.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •