The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who's the Luckiest Team Ever?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-09, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who's the Luckiest Team Ever?"
Major hint: it's not the Globetrotters.

My first thought was 'BJ & Tyler are on the course?' Two non-elimination legs leading into a win represents a pretty significant amount of luck, or at least some great timing that isn't at all assisted by the producers trying to keep a given team alive by sticking NELs at strategic points. (That only started this season.) For that reason and a few coincidences of running into the right person plus hitting a location they had experience with, I'd say they're the Luckiest Team Ever -- or at the very least, top five.

Arguments?

Dandrew was bad luck. Ours.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever? kidflash212 11-09-09 1
 RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever? Seana 11-09-09 2
 RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever? Starshine 11-09-09 3
 RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever? jbug 11-09-09 4
 The Weavers Prof_ Wagstaff 11-09-09 5
 RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever? Colonel Zoidberg 11-10-09 6
 RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever? kingfish 11-10-09 7
 RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever? Max Headroom 11-10-09 8
 RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever? LibraRising 11-10-09 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-09-09, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-09 AT 03:52 PM (EST)

Teri & Ian come to mind. They came in second to last on most legs (BJ & Tyler at least were in the front of the pack on some legs, Teri & Ian were always in the bottom half), got a lucky Fast Forward and made it to a completely undeserved second place finish. And they got invited to the All Star edition.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever?"
Perhaps Uchenna and Joyce - if they hadn't caught that flight, they'd have been racing against Kelly and Ron for second place, not Rob and Amber for first.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-09-09, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever?"
Frank and No-Salt - Imagine having the finishing line two blocks from where you live

Arrrr Cap'n!

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever?"
Zack & Flo have to be mentioned.
Anyone who can do as much whining and quit that many time and still come in first?
Had to be luck

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-09-09, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "The Weavers"
Oh wait, that wasn't luck. That was god.

Into the magna tribe by phyl

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-10-09, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever?"
I could go into a ridiculous diatribe about how luck factors into every win, and without some luck on their side, no one would evr win anything. The damn Travelocity gnome (hereafter renamed Louisiana Shorty) would have about $14 millin to its name, with another $1 million on the way.

That said, I second BJ and Tyler. I also second Flozach because of the non-elims and because Ken and Gerard screwed up the last leg.

But I know luck's a major factor in the Race. Maria and Tiffany ducked elimination how many times? Lady Luck even graced my season, so even a schmo like me knows you don't get that far without luck.

But yes. BJ and Tyler. Along with She Who Shall Remain Nameless.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-09, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever?"
I'll go along with these choices, noting only that walking up to the hay rolling challenge and finding the flag quickly is pure luck.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-09, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever?"
My vote goes to Lyn and Karlyn, Team "Fueled by Disrespect".

another nifty agman creation

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-10-09, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever?"
All the viewers who skipped the family edition!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •