The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bell counting Roadblock"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-02-09, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bell counting Roadblock"
I'm sure I heard a team (but don't remember which) say something like "we'll do the counting together" -- there was also a scene at the top of the tower when Matt saw both team members together and gave a double-look.

So why no penalty for having both do the Roadblock? Or did I see something that wasn't there?

Seana’s da bomb!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bell counting Roadblock dajaki 11-03-09 1
 RE: Bell counting Roadblock byoffer 11-03-09 2
   RE: Bell counting Roadblock kidflash212 11-03-09 4
       RE: Bell counting Roadblock kingfish 11-03-09 5
           RE: Bell counting Roadblock CTgirl 11-03-09 6
               RE: Bell counting Roadblock dabo 11-03-09 7
 RE: Bell counting Roadblock Molaholic 11-03-09 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-03-09, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bell counting Roadblock"
That was Sam and Megan who decided to do the RB together. S&D arrived at the bell tower just after M&C, then M&S went up the stairs and worked together.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-09, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bell counting Roadblock"
Not only did two teams work together in the counting, but then one of those teams told a third team the answer.

I know the rules don't preclude teams from helping other teams, but IMO that needs to change as this seems unfair. (Unless the social aspect of the game is supposed to count.)

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-03-09, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bell counting Roadblock"
Helping other teams might have a strategic purpose so I see that as just part of the game. Tiffany was counting at the same time as the Globetrotter - It seems a good idea to put the most physically gifted team behind.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-09, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bell counting Roadblock"
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-09 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

Yeah, with all the boring game ties at airport/gate opening bunch points, giving them an option to shoot themselves in the foot by strategically helping other teams out adds to the game if it can separate the teams out a little. Helping out another team might add an element of irony if the help contributes to the helping team’s elimination, or, even better, causes them lose by a hair at the final finish.

Obviously they helped the poker players as part of their ongoing cooperation agreement for future return favors and in an effort to make it a little tougher for the Trotters.

And in this case, the team they helped, the poker girls, came in last anyway.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-09, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bell counting Roadblock"
Either Sam or Dan said, too, that they felt they could outrun the girls at the finish line so they didn't mind helping them with the number of bells answer.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-09, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bell counting Roadblock"
As well, Sam & Dan had a coalition with Maria & Tiffany. Coalitions in TAR fail more often than alliances in Survivor, but they are what they are. It was nice the brothers didn't ditch their coalition poker partners.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-09, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bell counting Roadblock"
Sounds right. Thanks.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •