The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"OK, Brericka, we get it already..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-15-09, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"OK, Brericka, we get it already..."
...we flipping get it. You're married, and your skin pigments don't match. We've decided to accept this statement as fact since before Episode 1, when you donned your Captain Obvious hats and pointed it out to us.

Now we're looking into a drinking game for any time one of you points out this fact in some way, preferably in metaphor. So far we have Team Zebra and Team Jungle Fever. Lemme guess, they'll be on their motorcycle down the streets of Dubai next week eating chocolate swirl ice cream and singing "Ebony and Ivory" wearing T-shirts from that crap-fest of a 2005 movie "Guess Who."

My present to them for the episode after that - a dead horse. A black-and-white one. That they can beat.

I'll also pass on the "go bananas" metaphors, except to say that their bright yellow shirts indicate that they have already gone bananas.

Also, is it just me or does Ericka look suspiciously like Danielle from BB3?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: OK, Brericka, we get it already... Estee 10-16-09 1
   RE: OK, Brericka, we get it already... MsShel330 10-19-09 3
   RE: OK, Brericka, we get it already... Colonel Zoidberg 10-19-09 7
 RE: OK, Brericka, we get it already... BrassFan 10-16-09 2
   RE: OK, Brericka, we get it already... Colonel Zoidberg 10-19-09 6
 Did you know jbug 10-19-09 4
 RE: OK, Brericka, we get it already... dabo 10-19-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-09, 06:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: OK, Brericka, we get it already..."
They may have to repeat it a few more times: parts of Louisiana are still trying to work out the concept.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/15/interracial-couple-denied_n_322784.html

In your part of the country (for select parties), they're a normal couple. Elsewhere...

There's at least twenty million reasons I don't travel south. He's one of them.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MsShel330 694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-19-09, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: OK, Brericka, we get it already..."
Actually as a black woman, I think it's cute that they aren't doing the whole "let's pretend that race doesn't matter" bit. They seem to have a healthy view of their relationship and I have no problem with it.

Yeah, the judge in Louisiana needs to jump in his time machine and go back to the 19th century.

10-19-09, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: OK, Brericka, we get it already..."
As an old manager of mine once said (this was when i worked at a Hollywood Video and someone dropped a Blockbuster movie in our drop box):

"Proof that crack is at large in our society."

BrassFan 322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-16-09, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: OK, Brericka, we get it already..."
>...we flipping get it. You're married,
>and your skin pigments don't
>match. We've decided to accept
>this statement as fact since
>before Episode 1, when you
>donned your Captain Obvious hats
>and pointed it out to
>us.
>
>Now we're looking into a drinking
>game for any time one
>of you points out this
>fact in some way, preferably
>in metaphor. So far we
>have Team Zebra and Team
>Jungle Fever.

Ok..I've pointed this out before...but I'll do it here again.

Do you think that they are sitting around during their interview saying, "Hmm..how many ways can we point out that we're a mixed couple?"

No...they are asked leading questions by the production team, and given cues to get those types of comments. Much like Ron comparing everything to being a prisoner in Iraq.

10-19-09, 05:40 PM (EST)
6. "RE: OK, Brericka, we get it already..."
Sure, blame the producers. Always a good fallback.

OK, I'll grant that, especially since it's taken fifteen damn seasons to get a mixed-race couple on the show. I thought for a while that the only way to get a mixed-race team on the show was to write one (with the same going for a lesbian couple, for that matter...seems we have some over-representation of some minority groups and an absolute shock when others show up.)

I think they're an amusing team, Brian's a tough competitor, and Ericka's a great teammate and the closest thing we male viewers have to eye candy this season, but it did seem a little odd that not an episode went by without a semi-tedious interracial dating reference. (Ericka's "chocolate melts" comment was a little unusual, as if she's never lived through a hot day in her life.)

Also, would it be over-the-line to make this team's unofficial-official nickname "Team White Chocolate?" Honestly, I'm just hungry for white chocolate.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-09, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Did you know"
chocolate melts?

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-09, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: OK, Brericka, we get it already..."

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •