The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"This land task was made for you and me . . . "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-09, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"This land task was made for you and me . . . "
My memory is not what it used to me.
Okay, let me be honest. My memory has never been anything to brag about.

So maybe those of you who have good memories can help.

How many times in TAR history has a detour or roadblock been custom made for a particular team?

Taking orders - in Mandarin - at a restaurant and then giving the correct meal to each customer seemed custom made for Tammy & Victor. And sounded near impossible for anyone else; however, the sisters did manage to do it. I can only guess they were writing what they heard as phonetically as they could in order to repeat it to the chef. Then to be able to figure out who had what was pretty good.

So thinking back, wasn't there a roadblock in a coal mine the season we had the Virginia coal miners?

What other tasks seemed geared to a particular team?

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: This land task was made... byoffer 05-04-09 1
   RE: This land task was made... Ahtumbreez 05-04-09 2
       RE: This land task was made... Max Headroom 05-04-09 6
           RE: This land task was made... Loree 05-04-09 8
   RE: This land task was made... dabo 05-04-09 3
       RE: This land task was made... jbug 05-04-09 4
       RE: This land task was made... olathejoe 05-04-09 5
           RE: This land task was made... Starshine 05-04-09 7
 RE: This land task was made... Colonel Zoidberg 05-04-09 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: This land task was made for you and me . . . "
If we did TAR Gufus, then that would be high on my list. Having a Chinese-speaking team, and then spending so much time in China was bad. The advantage they have in taxis, asking strangers for directions, etc is huge. Then adding a Chinese-speaking challenge? Unbelievable.

The sisters got past the challenge, but I think the judge was told "keep them 3 or 4 times, and if they are even a little close let them go". Certainly different from the synchro diving judge!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This land task was made for you and me . . . "
I can't answer jbug's question as I have no idea.

But I can agree that this was so heavily tipped for Tammy and Victor it wasn't even funny. Hated it and the challenge people should be fired.

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This land task was made for you and me . . . "
the challenge people should be fired

The casting people should also be fired. What a lousy group of teams this season.

Headbanger by IceCat, siggie by agman

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: This land task was made for you and me . . . "
Yes, they should fire the casting people and the challenge creators. Both have been wrong this season.

I do not like the final 3 teams. And plenty of the challenges have been boring and easy this season. They are not enjoyable to watch for us. I want some physical challenges or ones that are more puzzle based so they have to figure stuff out. I hate ones that simply tell them where to go and they just have to find a taxi. They might have cut down on the airport scenes this season. But I do not like the taxi scenes either. I wish they would make them drive themselves or travel by bus, train, bike, mule, etc. more often.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: This land task was made for you and me . . . "
If you want to do TAR Gufus be my guest. To be honest, as far as Production Gufus this season, Margie and Luke have had little choice in some of the detours. The Chinese waiter task is the most blatant, Luke would have been totally sidelined and it would have been entirely up to Margie. Good thing they weren't UTurned.

On the other hand, I do think he could have been fantastic in the karaoke taxi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiAONEymW1k

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: This land task was made for you and me . . . "
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-09 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

I agree. There have been several tasks that Luke was at a disadvantage on.
Even the one where they had to get the diving birds to retrieve fish. Someone had to explain the task to him. I guess they let
Margie interpret that for him.

E to laugh at your video! LOL

Every day is Spring with Agman

olathejoe 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-04-09, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail olathejoe Click to send private message to olathejoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This land task was made for you and me . . . "
IIRC, the coal miners were eleminated before the coal mine task? Of course my memory sucks, so I'm probably wrong.

I think this proves they come up with the tasks prior to the casting of the contestents. No way would they make it that easy for one team.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-04-09, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: This land task was made for you and me . . . "
And the highlight of that was of course the Talladega leg in the TAR that shall not be named.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-04-09, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: This land task was made for you and me . . . "
Hmmm...the hippies from TAR9 had an advantage being the only Japanese speakers when they went through Japan, but other than that, I think everyone here pretty much got it all. Well, except for the rumor I heard that Romber was sabotagedin TAR7...

Sure does make me feel less goofy for writing a hockey task in my season...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •