The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official RTVW Summary, TAR Episode 14.6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-09, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official RTVW Summary, TAR Episode 14.6"
Official RTVW Summary, TAR Episode 14.6
Clueless in Jaipur

Welcome to this summary of The Amazing Race, Episode 6. As per usual, the show begins with a recap. I, however, will simply direct you to ARNutz’s delightful summary by means of this extremely long series of linked words. Enjoy!

So now that we’ve all had our memories refreshed, on to the Race! Margie and Luke were first to the mat at 12:18 pm, so they will be leaving at 12:18 am. The others will leave as follows:

2. Tammy and Victor, 12:24 am
3. Jaime and Cara, 12:30 am
4. Mel and Mike, 1:01 am
5. Mark and Michael, 1:02 am
6. Kisha and Jen, 1:28 am
7. Christie and Jodi, 3:09 am

That’s a big gap between first-place Margie/Luke and last-place Christie/Jodi. Gosh. I wonder if they’ll be able to catch up. Teams will be flying from Novosibirsk to Moscow, then on to New Delhi and finally to Jaipur, India, which is known as "The Pink City". Pardon me while I haul out my globe. Hey lookit! Novosibirsk is about the same latitude as Moscow. For some reason I thought it would be further north. The point is that by the time our Racers get to Jaipur, they’ve been on various planes for a really long time. Like, really long. Anyway, once there, they are to go to a sacred tree, known as Peepli Ka Pedh in Dhula Village and get the next clue.

Confessionals:

Luke likes racing with his mom because she communicates, while he strategizes.

Victor has always done his filial duty and is happy to be freed up a bit so he can be more extroverted.

Cara says that Jaime has aggressivity. Then she wonders if that’s a word. Spell Check doesn’t think so and I tend to agree.

Mel is grateful to Mike for not being a big meanie.

Kisha wishes she and Jen got on a bit better so they can enjoy this totally cool experience a bit better.

Mark and Michael say that standing on each other’s shoulders, they don’t measure up to some of the girls. Why they put emphasis on the word "girl", I can’t imagine. No wait, yes I can. It’s because they don’t like women. Or maybe it's just brides. Who cares? They are also the team to make the dot-on-the-head joke about going to India, so whattheheckever.

Jodi natters on about her kid. Or something. I wasn’t listening.

Yay, we’re off to find taxis! Most teams find them right off, since they’re visible from the doors of the theatre/Pit Stop. Mark, naturally, goes in the opposite direction of the taxis. Luckily, Michael has more or less figured this opening your eyes thing out, and seeing the taxis, calls Mark over. Well done.

In the taxi, Jaime says she will be happy to get rid of the marshmallow man coats, which makes me wonder why so many Racers have coats exactly like that. I didn’t realize that TAR gave out weather-appropriate apparel. Hmmm…

Here we are at the airport, where instead of the usual sequence of fighting for flights and rushing to make connections, we are shown Cara telling the others that they’re all going to be on the same flight from New Delhi anyway, so it hardly matters what flight they get out of Novosibirsk.

Ooh! Ooh! It’s the flying arrows! Phil tells us that everyone is going to Moscow and then New Delhi and then Jaipur while the arrows point that out.

Having arrived in Jaipur, teams must now take a taxi to the Sacred Tree. There is much confusion over the taxis. Mel and Mike are frustrated when their cabbie runs off to get directions and takes a really long time. Mel is repentant afterwards, saying that TAR isn't important enough to dehumanise a person by yelling at them. He will feel badly all day. The cabs weave in and out of traffic. Horns sound. It's pretty scary.

Sad music plays while we are shown teams reacting to the poverty they see on the cab ride. Luke is profoundly affected by the sight of children scrounging for food in the garbage. Jaime is profoundly affected by the stray animals.

At the tree, there are two "mystic-looking" men and 2 or 3 bright red telephones. Tammy and Victor, being first to the Tree, see the phones. Each phone has several numbers on it. Each number goes to a North American company that has outsourced its customer service call centre to Mumbai. The Indian person on the other end of the phone will give the next destination in heavily accented English.

Tammy and Victor can’t understand the call centre person and ask their cabbie for help. They now head to Amber Fort.

The other teams arrive (except Christie and Jodi) and wander aimlessly around the tree looking for a clue. Finally someone realises that there are big red phones there and that the phones are out of place in the middle of nowhere under a sacred tree in India. Bravo. Margie and Luke don’t bother to get the clue. They will follow the others.

At the Amber Fort, Tammy and Victor discover a

Roadblock: Care for Camel

The team member must select a herd of camels. Then s/he will fill a water trough until water spills out the overflow hole and pile up enough feed to reach a certain height. Both these tasks should be done using "traditional tools": a pail for the water and a basket for the feed.

Victor will do the task. He initially tries to fetch a pail of hay (you see how that doesn't sound right?), but clues in when Tammy asks if that's what he ought to be doing. "Hey, these are better tools," he says of the basket and rake.

By the time the other teams arrive, (except Christie and Jodi) Victor is doing the water. Oh! That reminds me! The Blondes made it to the tree and got the clue. OK, so the Roadblock will be done by Kisha, Mel, Mark, Margie and Jaime. And eventually Jodi, so I don’t forget them again.

Jaime has learned nothing from her previous experiences on TAR and instantly begins wandering around asking if the camel herders speak English and getting annoyed that no-one is telling her anything. Everyone gets the idea of using the pail to fetch water. But then they try to carry the hay in the pail too. Which is laborious. Tammy and Victor get their clue and head to a Puppet Store to find the next one. Mel, who has been huffing and puffing frighteningly throughout, is the first to see the baskets. Kisha is annoyed that she has been stuffing hay down her shirt, which as we all know is the sort of traditional tool that Indians have been using for centuries to feed camels. The other teams clue in and all goes well. Mel finishes first of this bunch and he and Mike head out.

Kisha knows nothing about caring for livestock. She never even had a pet! Except that this task is just about carrying water and hay. Now, when I took horseback riding lessons, the caring for your horse part involved a bit more than providing water and hay. We had to curry the horse, brush its mane and tail and pick the hooves. I’d freaking love to see TAR contestants picking hooves. Especially the prissy ones, because you get all kinds of crap stuck in there. And you have to let the horse lean on you a bit, since you’ve got one of its legs in your hands. And some of them really lean hard, the beggars. That’d be funny. But I digress.

All the teams move on.

Detour

Movers: Ride a cycle-rickshaw loaded with barrels of hay from one city gate across town to another. Then find the little metal elephant inside one of the barrels. This task combines all the excitement of riding a bike through hair-raising Indian traffic with the fun of a search task. Only Mark and Michael choose this. It is boring. They may or may not get lost; we aren’t shown. They have some trouble finding the elephant, but that’s only to add a bit of drama at the end when they’re trying to beat Christie and Jodi to the Pit Stop.

Shakers: Put on a horsie costume and makeup (there’s your red dot, Mark and Michael!) and shimmy in the streets for tips. 100 rupees buy the next clue. Tammy and Victor are there first and get the task done lickety split. Everyone else does this one too, including Christie and Jodi, but first they have to do a

Speed Bump: Christie and Jodi must decorate an elephant at a local temple. In the quick confessional, Jodi talks about telling her daughter never to quit. She is teary-eyed. So now we know who gets eliminated. They paint the elephant and go Shake.

Right, so back at the Detour, the other teams shake their respective booty. It’s embarrassing and will not be recounted here. At the end, Jaime and Cara can’t find their cabbie. They are mad. Boy, are they mad. The tell Luke and Margie. Luke doesn’t care. In fact, all he says is "let’s go" and they leave. As luck would have it, Jaime and Cara’s cabbie was just hiding. "IT’S NOT FUNNY!" yells Jaime, displaying her vaunted aggressivity.

Phil awaits the teams at the Jaigarh Fort, which is the Pit Stop. With him is a Native Greeter playing the recorder. Well, two recorders: one in each nostril. He makes sure to play thusly as each and every team gets to the mat. TAR shows it each time. I bet he tells his nieces and nephews to pull his finger, too. You just know he’s one of those.

Tammy and Victor are first. They have each won an ocean kayak. Victor comments that he hopes they don’t have any more disasters like the one in Transylvania.

The other teams arrive:

2. Mel and Mike
3. Kisha and Jen
4. Margie and Luke
5. Jaime and Cara
6. Mark and Michael

Phil tells Mark and Michael that they’ve cut it pretty close, pointing out that Christie and Jodi are coming up the stairs right at that moment.

Christie and Jodi are the last team to arrive. (The caption says: Christie and Jodi, Last Place. That’s not redundant or unnecessarily repeated at all.) Phil is sorry to tell them that they’ve been eliminated from the Race.

Christie gives the most honest answer to "What did you want to get out of the Race?" ever. She was about to start a family and wanted to do something for herself. Jodi says the experience was priceless.

Next week, Margie faints and dajaki will tell us all about it. See you there!

Sig by agman

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Epi... mtopaz 03-23-09 1
 RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Epi... Belle Book 03-23-09 2
 RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Epi... Molaholic 03-23-09 3
 RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Epi... samboohoo 03-25-09 4
   RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Epi... Seana 03-26-09 7
 RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Epi... ARnutz 03-26-09 5
 RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Epi... dajaki 03-26-09 6
 RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Epi... strid333 04-14-09 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-23-09, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Episode 14.6"
With him is a Native Greeter playing the recorder. Well, two recorders: one in each nostril. He makes sure to play thusly as each and every team gets to the mat. TAR shows it each time. I bet he tells his nieces and nephews to pull his finger, too. You just know he’s one of those.

Bwahaaaahaaa!!! My favorite part of your recap!

Very nicely done!

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-23-09, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Episode 14.6"
Nice job, Seana!

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-09, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Episode 14.6"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-09 AT 11:30 PM (EST)

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-09, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Episode 14.6"
Great Job! Loved all of the jabs at Mark & Michael.

And, additional kudos to you for how crisp and neat this summary is.

*smooches Agman*

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-09, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Episode 14.6"
...how crisp and neat this summary is.

Ooh! High praise indeed!

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-09, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Episode 14.6"
- Interesting about the coats. I wonder if they were provided by production. It would seem to me if the teams were carrying them, it would fill up their whole pack... and it's not likely they will need them again. Hmmmm...

- Each number goes to a North American company that has outsourced its customer service call centre to Mumbai. *snort*

- Kisha is annoyed that she has been stuffing hay down her shirt, which as we all know is the sort of traditional tool that Indians have been using for centuries to feed camels *snort* again.

- It's ironic, isn't it, that Mark and Micheal are the only ones who wound up with no dot on their heads?

Great job, Seana.

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-26-09, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Episode 14.6"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-09 AT 08:25 AM (EST)

Thanks Seana! Jaime's proclivity for aggressivity must be spreading. I feel it every time she and Cara yell at locals.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-14-09, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Official RTVW Summary, TAR Episode 14.6"
Very good job.

Three is the perfect number.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •