The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I just want to vent"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-09-09, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I just want to vent"
Deep breath

Whose clever idea was it to put the U Turn that close to the end of the leg? And on an elimination leg? Both of those tasks were going to take a couple of hours, so the team that got U Turned were never going to survive. That was an ideal place for a yield maybe, but a U Turn was just unfair there was nothing Kris and Amanda could do.

I was most displeased when I watched this.

Something or Other

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I just want to vent Karchita 03-09-09 1
 RE: I just want to vent CTgirl 03-09-09 2
   RE: I just want to vent MaryKat 03-09-09 3
 RE: I just want to vent shimane22 03-09-09 4
   RE: I just want to vent Belle Book 03-09-09 5
       RE: I just want to vent MKitty 03-10-09 6
   RE: I just want to vent featherfish81 03-10-09 10
 RE: I just want to vent Max Headroom 03-10-09 7
   RE: I just want to vent popeave 03-10-09 8
       RE: I just want to vent warp_core breach 03-10-09 9
   RE: I just want to vent Colonel Zoidberg 03-11-09 11
   RE: I just want to vent Karchita 03-11-09 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-09-09, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I just want to vent"
I agree. I thought for sure it would be non-elim because it seemed so harsh, especially with those two tasks.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-09, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I just want to vent"
Ditto. Overall, the challenges and scenery (and drunken natives watching the challenges ) have been an improvement over the past few seasons, but I hope they bring back the non-elim and speed bump next time. It's more fun to give the U-turned team a fighting chance!

Top of the mornin' by O'Agman

MaryKat 221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-09, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryKat Click to send private message to MaryKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I just want to vent"
I really don't like the U-turn. Margie said they did it to give Cara and Jaimie more time on their task. I have been trying to think of another way to give a team an advantage without destroying another team. I have thought of a way, but it may be too complicated to be useable.

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-09, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I just want to vent"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-09 AT 09:58 PM (EST)

Playing devil's advocate for the u-turn:

Every team has an equal chance of avoiding the uturn, by getting through the detour as quickly as possible and finishing ahead of other teams. They weren't u-turned because the other teams are "conniving", they were u-turned because they fell behind.

Amanda/Kris knew a u-turn was coming up because they were warned on the detour clue, and when they gave up on the wood piles they put a huge target on their backs.

In the elimination station video, Kris says it only took them 20 minutes to do the wood stacking after they returned, so it wasn't necessarily a death sentence... they just weren't fast enough at getting the other tasks done.

Also, Amanda/Kris were the last team to finish the detour and get to the u-turn mat. Even if Margie/Luke hadn't used it on them, Mark/Michael or Mel/Mike likely would have in order to save their own necks, with the same result.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-09-09, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I just want to vent"
Maybe not Mel & Mike, but I'd agree that Mark & Michael would have used it.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-10-09, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I just want to vent"
Of course not me and MIke (gee Tammy, i knew I liked you for a reason! ) we are men of god,er, well, *I* am a man of god, so we would NEVER (crosses fingers behind back) do something like that!

*Race duds by Agman*

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-10-09, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I just want to vent"
I knew Amanda and Kris should have stayed with the wood. Not much of their stack fell, and the shutters took forever.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-09, 07:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I just want to vent"
I hate the "blind" U-turn concept. In the past the team doing the U-turning had to identify themselves, which made it apparent to everyone else. There was a risk in publicly identifying yourselves as "Team U-turner".

Now? The "blind" U-turn allows a team to be sneaky without the chance for future retribution. It's just flat-out nasty. In this specific case, the two tasks were long enough that whoever got blind U-turned was likely ticketed for Philimination, since it was also not a non-elimination leg. Double jeopardy, indeed.

From the previews for next episode, Margie and Luke can't keep their U-turn secret to themselves, so it looks like they proceed to waste their anonymity. Not smart.

popeave 433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-10-09, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail popeave Click to send private message to popeave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I just want to vent"
At the very least, if it's going to be a "blind" u-turn, it must be a non-elimination leg, so there's the potential drama of the angry team trying to figure out who did it to them. As it is, Margie and Luke will never have to face their victims, so who cares if it was blind or not?

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-10-09, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I just want to vent"
>As it is, Margie and
>Luke will never have to
>face their victims, so who
>cares if it was blind
>or not?

Exactly!!

A Gift from Agman

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-11-09, 06:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I just want to vent"
Y'see, I thought for a minute when I saw the "blind" U-Turn that they borrowed my variation on the concept and placed it at the beginning of the leg - sort of as a reward to teams that came in first in the last leg. Especially since bunching points kind of eff that up - might as well give the teams something as a reward for dinishing first besides gnome treats.

This is much stupider. Or more stupid. Or more stupider.

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-11-09, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I just want to vent"
I have no problem with the U-turn in general, or the blind U-turn, but in this particular situation it seemed like a death sentence to whoever got it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •