The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lovely Scenery, Dull teams"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-15-08, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lovely Scenery, Dull teams"
It has been a good season so far for seeing new places... However imho not a great one for teams, not sure if it is the teams themselves or the editing. So far all we seem to have is Terence channeling Mary-Adam and an argument over a sports bra.

I watch TARA, so I know you can make a good show with no "Evil" teams, however this year they all seem dull to me.

Anyone agree/disagree?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams brvnkrz 10-15-08 1
 RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams Colonel Zoidberg 10-15-08 2
 RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams Max Headroom 10-15-08 3
 RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams PsychoKitty 10-17-08 4
 RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams Wiggle 10-20-08 5
 RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams mrc 10-21-08 6
 RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams zorayah 10-27-08 7
   RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams Seana 10-27-08 8
   RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams mjames1229 11-03-08 9
       RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams Tazluli 11-03-08 10
           RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams MaryKat 11-03-08 11
 Did you say dull? Karchita 11-04-08 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-15-08, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams"
*snort* We have been calling him Mary Terence. LMAO
And I agree that the teams have been very boring this year.
My fear if I did the show is that I would want to take in a lot of the culture and scenery and might forget that I was in a race.

Halloween siggie by Glow.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-15-08, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams"
The problem is that there are no teams to root FOR. There are plenty of teams to root AGAINST - Kelly and Christy come to mind, as do Terence and Sarah, Nick and Starr, and especially Ken and Tina, who frnakly remind me of Jeffrey and Bryan from my own TAR story except Ken and Tina are competent - but who are the good guys? Mark and Bill? Nah, too useless, and even then, they were just somewhat amusing, not really a hope for a victory.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-08, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams"
Scenery good, teams not good. So who are you rooting for this season?

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-17-08, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams"
I totally agree. All the teams are lackluster. There isn't anyone to root for - now that Mark and Bill are gone. They were okay, not great, but the best of the bunch in terms of likeability and gumption. The rest are either indistinguishable or unpleasant. No wonderful folks that you want to win, and none horrible enough you wish they don't! Think Uchenna/Joyce, The Clowns, Ken/Gerard,etc. VS Colin/Christie, Victoria/Jonathan, Zach/Flo,etc. BLAND season, but I still love the Race. Just wish they had chosen different teams entirely.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Wiggle 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-20-08, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wiggle Click to send private message to Wiggle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams"
So dull that there were several shots of couples in cars with no dialogue. And the airport scene was unbelievably protracted and boring.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-08, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams"
There's no pleasing you people! Either there are too many DAWs/models/celebs or there are too many boring nancy-pants.

Someone Fooned me

zorayah 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-27-08, 06:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zorayah Click to send private message to zorayah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams"
So have any one warmed up to any team yet? It's been 5 episodes so far and it's doing nothing for me.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-08, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams"
No, me neither. I have been not-rooting for Kelly/Christy and Terence/Sarah. That is, I don't like them, but there's something there to hold interest. For T/S, obviously, it's his whiny neediness and her enabling, and for K/C it's how they make really awful mistakes. But they discuss it first. In fact, they are constantly discussing the mistake they're in the process of making without taking a minute to breathe and read the clue or whatever. That makes me laugh.

Phil's sig courtesy of agman

mjames1229 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-03-08, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mjames1229 Click to send private message to mjames1229 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams"
So have any one warmed up to any team yet? It's been 5 episodes so far and it's doing nothing for me.

Is it possible to root for half a team? I really like Ken, and I am wondering what hold Tina has over him. It is one thing to be a "strong woman", but Tina is a know-it-all, narcissistic nag (with a botched facelift, too boot).

Note to Ken - take a dive on the race, leave Tina in India, and then go to Sequesterville and make googly eyes at one of the Southern Belles.

Tazluli 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-03-08, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tazluli Click to send private message to Tazluli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams"
I am enjoying the race as always, but it is so weird. I am not rooting for anyone. I can't get behind anyone. I was hoping for Ken and Tina to be Philiminated, but that didn't work out.

MaryKat 221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-03-08, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryKat Click to send private message to MaryKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Lovely Scenery, Dull teams"
This is a horrible race because we have to listen to Terence AND Tina. Andrew and Dan and Christy and Kelly are two teams that moan and groan too much. Either Terence or Tina would have been more than enough. Only one moan-and-groan team per race. please.

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-04-08, 03:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Did you say dull?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-08 AT 04:02 AM (EST)

As in wake me up when it's over?

I think the Dancing with the Stars couples from this season could show up on TAR amd vice versa and I wouldn't even notice.

The only ones I am rooting for are Nick and Starr. At least they are intelligent, nice to each other, and work together well. Ken is more likeable than Tina, but that really isn't saying much. Same for Sarah and Terrance. The divorced girls I loathe. The frat boys are whiners and not likely to last long anyhow.

Edited because I can't even keep these losers names straight.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •