The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-05-07, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
Those of us who know what Goths are were able to identify you as such on first glance. The parts of the country which have no clue as to your cultural heritage will continue to very carefully have no idea what you are no matter how many times throw the name out there.

In other words: please stop labeling yourselves once every thirty seconds before someone goes insane. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Estee & the undersigned

Which is kind of like untying the line and hoping the donkey will move on its own, but it had to be said.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, kingfish 11-05-07 1
 RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, Breezy 11-05-07 2
 RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, HobbsofMI 11-05-07 3
 RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, ginger 11-05-07 4
   RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, FishWoman 11-05-07 5
       RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, Seana 11-05-07 6
           RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, Cygnus X1 11-05-07 16
       RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, byoffer 11-05-07 15
           RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, Seana 11-05-07 18
               RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, Cygnus X1 11-06-07 19
                   RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, Snidget 11-06-07 23
           RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, FishWoman 11-06-07 20
               RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, bystander 11-06-07 22
                   RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, jbug 11-06-07 25
               RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, kingfish 11-06-07 24
 I am betting moonbaby 11-05-07 7
 RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, nailbone 11-05-07 8
   RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, Snidget 11-05-07 11
       RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, nailbone 11-05-07 13
           RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, Snidget 11-05-07 14
 RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, dabo 11-05-07 9
   RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, mistyrose52 11-05-07 10
       Whar's Mary! dabo 11-05-07 12
       RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, Sagebrush Dan 11-05-07 17
 RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, J Slice 11-06-07 21
 RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin, kingfish 11-07-07 26
 They finally show some negative emo... aquariaqueen 12-10-07 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
Undersigning.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
I liked the term Freaks one of the other teams gave them better.

Ummm doods? Goth is dark and dreary, not cartoons and kittens.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
Hey...now I have to do a bunch of internet searches on it to show Mrs. Hobbs what's all about....*grown*

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Pepe and bouncy by IceCat

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
It looks so anachronistic - like wearing zoot suits or something.

Real Goths don't do Reality TV. They are too busy drinking blood or tattooing blue tears down their faces or something.

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-05-07, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
Word. I was goth in highschool and a while thereafter (approximately 1986 to 1991).

I didn't even watch tv because it was pedestrian and typical of the mind-numbing commonality being forced on us by conglomorate america. To actually want to be on a reality show? Like a little death to the soul.

But i never went around telling people i was "goth." It wasn't worth my time if they were too stupid to get it.

Yes, I havehad issues.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
We could have been such friends comrades in arms together against the schlock that the rest of the world kept trying to shove down our throats.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
You? Goth?

*looks at peep meet pic again*

Hmmm, maybe so!

(I'm not slow, just a little naive)

Sorry BYoffer, but if I post my pic without Seana's permission, I fear I'll wind up being more Goth than I ever intended!

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
Dear Fishwoman (& Seana):

I don't know you as well as I know Seana, but I have seen pseudo-recent pictures of you. Having met her, I have a hard time believing that she was Goth. Could either of you post pictures of yourselves from your goth time for us curious folks?

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
Dear byoffer and Cygnus,

Only my eye makeup remains from my days as a big freak. Possibly you noticed the liquid eyeliner in hooks at the sides? I don't know if I could find a pic from way back when.

Actually, I just hung out with Goths - we called them batcavers, back in the day. I myself considered it hypocritical to disparage everyone for being slaves to current trends, but then require people to wear black clothes, black eyeliner and listen to the Cure. Like a uniform. What were we protesting if not labels!

So I wore my eyeliner in hooks to my eyebrows and my lips were shades that no cosmetic company ever produced. You would not believe the trouble I went to to produce purple. *sighs nostalgically* I think the nicest thing a stranger ever called me was "eccentric".

Agman made it so!

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-07, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
Ah, yes, the days of proclaiming one's non-conformity by dressing just like everyone else one hung out with.

You're unique, just like everyone else.

Thanks Seana! *chooms*

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-07, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
One of my favorite cartoons growing up was a pair of nearly idential hippies sitting on a park bench watching the office workers in suits walking by commenting on how they hate to dress just like everyone else.

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-06-07, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
Dear ByOffer and Cygnus:

I am now a corporate drone, goth only in my mindset, which is why any recent pictures of me just look like a regular girl

I will try to find some pix this weekend and scan them in - but I was never "Marylin Manson" goth. I've never really cared for makeup, and adhered (then and now) to the concept that it is your attitude, not your outward appearance, that makes you goth/punk/whathaveyou.

But yes, Seana and I would have probably gotten along famously in highschool (most likely now as well).

Hiking with Smokey'sMom

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-06-07, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
Dear Byoffer, Cygnus, Seana, & Fishwoman,

Just wanted to say hi and THANKS!!! for your support!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-07, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"

My step-grand daughter (in SanFran) is into Goth. Her pics mostly show dark lipstick - almost black. But not anything outlandish yet as far as hair color.
It's funny in a way cause her dad would only wear black t-shirts back in his teen years. Every shirt he had was black (but he was into hard rock music - not goth).

11-06-07, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
It is, of course, the whathaveyou that we all admire the most.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I am betting"
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-07 AT 07:01 PM (EST)

that at some poynt a crowd wyll form around them wayting for them to myme.

Edyted to change spellyng.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
Maybe they're not really Goth, but just pretending so they can get on TV.

11-05-07, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
I wonder if they play at being Goth so people will stop and stare at them.

Getting on TV just increases the number of people staring at them.

I hope there is more to them than we need to dress/wear our hair/put on makeup so outrageously that people have no choice other than to notice them. There seems to be, but they do seem to be putting the desperate back into attention-whoring. I mean if you have to dress like that just to get people to notice you how much can there be?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
I hope there is more to them than we need to dress/wear our hair/put on makeup so outrageously that people have no choice other than to notice them.

I thought that was the whole point of "Goth"...

11-05-07, 02:56 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
There are some where the outfits seems to derive more from the mindset/philosophy and those that seem to use Goth as an excuse to dress like a drag queen on Halloween every day.

I mean there is often a "needing to be different" aspect to any teen/young adult subculture and that can lead to a specific manner of dress. "Needing to be different" doesn't always mean wear the most extreme version of the subculture to get the most stares possible.

They appear from the editing so far to be more about the putting on the costume than embracing a philosophy type. Most of the Goth types I know seem to have disdain for any attention their style might attract rather than advertise themselves with it. Thus the would a "real Goth" go on a TV show reaction you see here.

YMMV

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-07 AT 01:55 PM (EST)

How soon will Kentucky be seceding from Louisville?

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-05-07, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
Oh, come on, ya'll, let the kids have their fun! Mine went from the super-shocking mohawks on skate boards, nose rings, and green, streaky hair, to the corporate world of 4 kids and a military husband in just 5 short years.

It's just a phase, remember?? If not, still, let 'em be.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Whar's Mary!"
Ifn Mary never met nothin' laks 'em afore it ent real Kaintuck, Ah defers it ta Mary whether they's real Kaintuck. David, hey David, fetch Mary along an' let's be a-find out ifn they's real Kaintuck!

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
Mine went from the super-shocking mohawks on skate boards, nose rings, and green, streaky hair

That? is just plain cool. Pictures?

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-07, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"

You got Goth served.

All Hail the Rickman!

11-07-07, 01:52 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,"
Dear Kynt & Vyxsin,

Goth is SO yesterday. Been done to death.

Thank you
King CaveFish Guy

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-10-07, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "They finally show some negative emotions."
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-07 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

I really wanted to place this in fanatics but didn't see a started Kent/Vyxen topic there. Sorry, if this doesn't fit.

I have loved this couple, they have been shown to have great appreciation for the game and the places and people they meet. They also have great manners especially when needing help from the townfolk....

Previews show us a meltdown between the two of them....they are normal afterall!!!

The scary part is that the first time they show A/H having a meltdown, they were eliminated. Will this happen to K/V?

A Blessed Christmas season to all....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •