The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR producers: big fat liars"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-24-07, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR producers: big fat liars"
Didn't they say they were doing away with the non-elimination leg this year? If a team finished last, it was out, plain and simple?

I do seem to remember that from an interview on TAR12...was I just on the wacky weed, or did I actually read that somewhere?

So wait a sec...there's no non-eliminations, the Italy leg wasn't a superleg, and Kynt and Vyxsin were last, but somehow they're still in the Race? Wait a tick...how exactly is that possible?

Oh, riiiiiiiiiiiight...that whole bit about no non-elims? A big load of horsepoopy. Apparently, when the eliminated the non-elim, they un-eliminated it. I guess that was another non-elimination round.

In order not to be a hypocrite, I'll come out and say it - I un-eliminated the non-elim for my fic, too. But at least I did it before releasing it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR producers: big fat liars ARnutz 12-24-07 1
 RE: TAR producers: big fat liars Seana 12-24-07 2
 RE: TAR producers: big fat liars Estee 12-24-07 3
   RE: TAR producers: big fat liars Colonel Zoidberg 12-24-07 5
 RE: TAR producers: big fat liars aquariaqueen 12-24-07 4
   RE: TAR producers: big fat liars Colonel Zoidberg 12-24-07 6
       RE: TAR producers: big fat liars Estee 12-24-07 7
           RE: TAR producers: big fat liars IanQuentin 12-24-07 9
   RE: TAR producers: big fat liars ARnutz 12-24-07 8
       RE: TAR producers: big fat liars Snidget 12-24-07 10
 RE: TAR producers: big fat liars mattben 12-24-07 11
   RE: TAR producers: big fat liars mikey 12-26-07 12
       RE: TAR producers: big fat liars Cygnus X1 12-27-07 15
   RE: TAR producers: big fat liars Earl Colby Pottinger 12-26-07 13
       RE: TAR producers: big fat liars Colonel Zoidberg 12-27-07 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-24-07, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"
Yup. Here's the article. I'm totally steamed!

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-amazing-race-12-run-shorter-drop-non-elimination-pit-stops-5562.php

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

12-24-07, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"
Yeah. What you said.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

12-24-07, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"
I don't understand why this surprises you. Admittedly, it's a little weird to have this level of outright lie coming from Bruck instead of Markie-Mark, but you really should have known better than to count on any reality spokesperson for the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. By the way, have you seen Donald's A-Listers yet?

12-24-07, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"
I don't expect them to be truthful about everything. But if they're going to lie, they can at least make it more of a truth-stretch or a subjective lie, like saying, "This is a likeable group of people" when describing the Exile Island cast. I'm sure some people liked them. I'm sure some people thought the rich-poor twist in Fiji was "compelling."

But when it comes to statements of fact or falsehood that are measurable? Yes, I expect at least for them to lie only about minor little details like the relative ages of the cast members - yes, they might have "younger teams," if by "younger," you mean, "a crusty old grandpa and an annoying 50-something dad are kicking everyone's behinds."

Also, the creative geniuses of this board came up with the Speed Bump awhile ago, and probably would have given it a much better name.

I can only hope that the Speed Bump involves doing six shots of tequila laced with laxatives or something...

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-24-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"
LAST EDITED ON 12-24-07 AT 11:12 AM (EST)

And for some reason, I thought Phil said there were going to be two predetermined non-elims on the first episode.

A Blessed Christmas season to all who welcome the Newborn King into their lives.

12-24-07, 11:19 AM (EST)
6. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"
I don't think he came out and said it - he did imply it, though. The fact is, it contradicts the pre-show interview. Therefore, the interviewers are big fat liars.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

12-24-07, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"
No, the interviewees were big fat liars. (It's a fairly important distinction to make.)

IanQuentin 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-24-07, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IanQuentin Click to send private message to IanQuentin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"

Actually, they didn't exactly lie. They misled us by saying something that most of us understand differently.

They said they dropped the non-elimination legs. And they did. They dropped them from 4 to 2. They never said they dropped all of the non-elimination legs.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

12-24-07, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"
LAST EDITED ON 12-24-07 AT 12:08 PM (EST)

Nope. He said 8 elimination legs. I don't recall him ever saying how many non-elims there are in any season. He usually tells us how many elims there are.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/1515.shtml#3
ETA: Warning: This link takes you to our spoilers forum. It is the episode 1 thread.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-24-07, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"
Also in the spoilers section, the thread for this latest episode.

Webby's information on the no non-elimination legs

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/1540.shtml#50

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-24-07, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"
LAST EDITED ON 12-25-07 AT 04:50 AM (EST)

The producers in the interviews may have been obfuscating about "dropping the *unsaid: number of* elimination legs," or outright lying.

From Zap2It at premier time: The producers have streamlined things a bit this time, decreasing the show's run by two episodes and reducing the number of those non-elimination Pit Stops. Next-episode.net shows 13, 13, 12, 11, 12, and 13 total episodes for the last 6 seasons. So we'll have 11 episodes this season.

Let's look at the

numb3rs. Doing the simple math considering the announced 11 episodes with 11 teams we easily figure out that there has to be one or two non-elim legs, depending on a 3-team or 2-team final episode. Eight single-elims and one double-elim (the usual 3-team finale scenario) leaves two shows to be accounted for. Let's hope the next of one of those two shows isn't going to be a horrid recrap episode. *shudder*

Episode 1's opening made it clear, as CBS's own episode 1201 recap reported:

The twelfth edition of THE AMAZING RACE kicked off in spectacular fashion as Teams flew to the lush, green hills of Shannon, Ireland, and rode bicycles across a ravine suspended over the North Atlantic. Siblings Azaria & Hendekea claimed victory, while karma stung best friends Ari & Staella, who stole another Team’s taxi and ended up eliminated when they couldn’t coax their donkey to move.

READY, SET, SLOW!
Eleven Teams of two with preexisting relationships, ranging from friends to family to couples, converged at the famous Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles for the start of the 12th edition of THE AMAZING RACE. After host Phil Keoghan informed the excited Teams that the winner after 11 legs of racing would take home the one million dollar prize, he raised his arm, wished them safe travel and sent the Teams running to their bags.

I can prove that 1 = 2. 1: Let a=b. 2: Then a^2=ab, 3: a^2+ab=a^2+a^2, 4: a^2+ab=2a^2, 5: a^2+ab-2ab=2a^2-2ab, 6: and a^2-ab=2a^2-2ab, 7: 1(a^2-ab)=2(a^2-ab), 8: cancelling the (a^2-ab) from both sides gives 1=2.

mikey 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-26-07, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"
Wasn't there already one less leg in TAR 10, with Sarah and Peter?

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-07, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"
Wasn't there already one less leg in TAR 10, with Sarah and Peter?

*dumps used hydraulic fluid all over mikey's monitor and CPU*

You've been warned, so don't complain.

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-26-07, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"
LAST EDITED ON 12-26-07 AT 10:29 PM (EST)

Don't forget Super-Legs! While others may dislike them, I love the look on the racers faces when they think they are coming in at first/last place and then find out there is more to run.

12-27-07, 11:59 AM (EST)
14. "RE: TAR producers: big fat liars"
They can be better than non-elims, provided there's no bunching point in the second leg, which is almost never.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •