The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Something struck me as a little odd in Ep 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

mjames1229 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-26-07, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mjames1229 Click to send private message to mjames1229 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Something struck me as a little odd in Ep 4"
Did anybody else notice how cabs were <b>everywhere</b> in The Middle of Nowhere, Africa?

I don't know if any local that was shown even had a car, and *surprise, surprise* if there were always eight cabs right where the clue boxes seemed to be.

Reminds me of TARFE, which had the players going to places where there didn't appear to be any locals anywhere.

I don't think the plane in TAR7 was held for Uchenner & Joyce, but I also don't think all eight teams found cell phones and arranged for cabs in advance of getting all of their clues.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Something struck me as a little... Breezy 11-26-07 1
   RE: Something struck me as a little... Earl Colby Pottinger 11-27-07 2
       RE: Something struck me as a little... michel 11-27-07 3
 RE: Something struck me as a little... KeithFan 11-28-07 4
   RE: Something struck me as a little... mattben 11-28-07 5
       RE: Something struck me as a little... popeave 11-28-07 6
           RE: Something struck me as a little... Cyndimaus 11-28-07 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-26-07, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Something struck me as a little odd in Ep 4"
I'm sure they called cabs in, the teams still had to try and pick the best driver. Who kept getting passed? Was that the Goth couple?

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-27-07, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Something struck me as a little odd in Ep 4"
Plus in poorer places people can not afford the costs of owning a car full time. Cabs and buses are the main means of transportation, so there is a far higher percentage of them per capita than in place where a large percentage of the population can afford to buy a vehicle of their own.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-07, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Something struck me as a little odd in Ep 4"
Phil called them taxis but they were probably rented all day by TAR itself. It wouldn't make sense that they had to go 100 miles by taxi on one ride but weren't given any money to start the leg. There was probably a local law that prevented tourists from driving themselves.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-07, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Something struck me as a little odd in Ep 4"
I guess it doesn't bother me too much. I like to see them going new places; and this was pretty far off the beaten path. I don't mind a little prearranged transportation to see some things I don't normally see.

I think this bothered me less than subjective judging on the dancing in order to complete the task.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-28-07, 03:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Something struck me as a little odd in Ep 4"
The dance judging was a bit smarmy to me. I smelled a wift of racism. H&A passed the judges with a dance that was no different from the folks who got the 10 minute penalties.

popeave 433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-28-07, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail popeave Click to send private message to popeave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Something struck me as a little odd in Ep 4"
One thing that bothered me about the dancing task was that all they needed was a ten minute penalty, then they were on their way. Shoulda been ten minutes, and then they need to dance again. Still don't please the judges? Wait another ten minutes and try again! Repeat as long as it takes to get past the judges. They weren't too tough, anyway, so I'd bet that most teams would have passed after their second try. But it would have been more of a penalty.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-28-07, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Something struck me as a little odd in Ep 4"
I was thinking the same thing: they should of had to dance again after their 10 minute penalty was up (or else had to wait until other teams were done or there was a break in teams coming).

dressed up for the holidays by Tribe

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •