The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"This season a potential repeat of Season 3?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-09-08, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"This season a potential repeat of Season 3?"
Think about it - we're down to four teams that I'll cast in seemingly very familiar positions.

TK and Rachel - played previously by twins Derek and Drew, this is Team Fourth Place. D&D were doomed by the Twinhunt, which was an insane concept. TK&R are doomed by the Speed Bump and the three-hour gap between them and third place, which is caused by an insane flight choice. They are done for.

Nicolas and Donald - played previously by Ken and Gerard, they're the least irritating team left after the final three is decided. They're knowledgeable, fun to watch, and far less nauseating than any of the others. A solid choice to win, if we were voting. K&G may have been better, but Flyboy and Grandpappy will do in a pinch.

Ronald and Christina - played previously by Ian and Teri, this is the team that gets less irritating as time goes on, has one cantankerous person, but that person wises up at the end. Ian's excuse was that he was giving up smoking; Ron may or may not be doing the same, but my guess is no. Chris is far more redeemable than the somewhat irritating Teri. In most seasons, having them as the winners would be extremely undesirable, but it beats the hell out of at least one alternative.

Nathan and Jennifer - played previously by Flo and Zach, this is the team that is universally hated. The difference? In the original team, Zach was likable but a bit dim and timid. Flo was more irritating than a symphony of tortured cats, nails on chalkboards, and William Hung medleys at the same time. This team has two completely unredeemable players who, individually, do not equal Flo and may actually have some good qualities, but together, are torture. Them winning would be worse than Flo and Zach winning. When FloZach won, at least people could say, "Well, Zach earned it." If Nathan and Jennifer win, we can't exactly say thet, since they're both irritating.

We can only hope it turns out differently. Freddy and Kendra were bad enough. Same for Eric and Danielle. Another obnoxious team winning is just too much to handle.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: This season a potential repeat ... PsychoKitty 01-10-08 1
 RE: This season a potential repeat ... CTgirl 01-11-08 2
   RE: This season a potential repeat ... bullzeye 01-11-08 3
       RE: This season a potential repeat ... Cygnus X1 01-11-08 4
           RE: This season a potential repeat ... bullzeye 01-12-08 6
               RE: This season a potential repeat ... Cygnus X1 01-12-08 7
           RE: This season a potential repeat ... olathejoe 01-15-08 9
               RE: This season a potential repeat ... Snidget 01-15-08 10
           RE: This season a potential repeat ... PsychoKitty 01-15-08 11
       RE: This season a potential repeat ... Tazluli 01-15-08 8
 RE: This season a potential repeat ... warp_core breach 01-12-08 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-10-08, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: This season a potential repeat of Season 3?"
Well put Colonel!!!! Though I just loved Ken and Gerard and was so bummed when they lost (by I think it was a cab ride?!) They were far better racers than Nicolas and Don IMHO.

Flo and Zach deserved to win more than Nate and Jen ever could - well Zach alone but unfortunately the rules couldn't let that happen They are so chronically awful and undeserving, but Flo did have higher and more piercing volume And was even more of a quitter than Jen. I can't remember just how many times she quit the race Wish it had been for real!

We'll see how it turns out! But I will be squirming and yelling at the tv if it's Nate and Jen!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-08, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This season a potential repeat of Season 3?"
I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I'm no fan of Jen and Nate, but most of their problems are with each other. When they're not fighting with each other, they have been able to enjoy the sights, culture and experiences of the race. It's not much to hang on to, but I don't dislike them as much as Freddy adn Kendra or Eric and Danielle.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-11-08, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: This season a potential repeat of Season 3?"
I agree - I will never, ever recover from the Freddie and Kendra win. Ever.

A birthday present from Tribe

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-08, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: This season a potential repeat of Season 3?"
I haven't gotten to see Seasons 2, 3, or 4 yet. I've read the summaries and recaps, so I have a general idea of what happened.

Looking back on 6, I think the whole country wanted to Kris and Jon to win. The whole country, that is, except . . .

. . . the producers, who by the end of the Race had seen that they could never have a couple like K/J on the race again. Why? Because they were too squeaky clean. It was hard to make a story of them through the whole race.

Notice how there really hasn't been anyone like K/J in the (non-Family) Races since. About the closest may have been the Chos, but their ineptitude trumped their niceness. Even Rachel and TK have a bit more tension between them, with Rachel wanting to get married and TK, not so much.

I think that in his finale summary for Season 6, the (now-apparently-departed) Landru could not have pegged K/J and Freddy and Kendra any better. If you haven't read it, it's hilarious and, IMO, one of the best. summaries. ever.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-12-08, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This season a potential repeat of Season 3?"
I agree - all 132 pages of it made for some of the best summary writing ever.

A birthday present from Tribe

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-08, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: This season a potential repeat of Season 3?"
One of the comments included the definition of "summary."

Not that I ever have any problems with that.

olathejoe 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-15-08, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail olathejoe Click to send private message to olathejoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: This season a potential repeat of Season 3?"
> . . . the producers,
>who by the end of
>the Race had seen that
>they could never have a
>couple like K/J on the
>race again. Why?
>Because they were too squeaky

Thread hijack here, but I keep reading about how 'squeaky clean' Kris and Jon were from season 6. IIRC, Kris was listed as a former Go-go dancer. Is there really any such thing as a go-go dancer here in the 2000's? Maybe I don't get out enough but I read that as her being a stripper, but didn't really want to call herself a stripper, so they called her a go-go dancer.
And for the record, I did like this team (Kris and Jon), so I'm not really bashing, I'm just pointing out what I noted. Maybe someone has more information regarding her dancing experiece, but my guess is she did it without clothes. Which means she wasn't all that clean and should have won anyway, right?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-08, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: This season a potential repeat of Season 3?"
Apparently Go-Go dancing is making a comeback
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go-Go_dancing

Usually Go-Go dancers don't take anything off. They may not be wearing much, but they don't take what they have on off.

Whatever she used to make money at any point in her life doesn't mean she couldn't have been too "Nicey-nice" or "Goody-goody" in how she ran the race for some people's tastes.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-15-08, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: This season a potential repeat of Season 3?"
OMIGOD Thank you for that - f'ing hilarious!!!! I didn't see it the first time - too much! Out and Out ragingly wonderful!!!

<<prettypeople Freddy and Kendra, who broke new ground in ugly Americanism with Kendra’s travelogues on the breeding and bathing habits of poverty-stricken populations;(she was SO AWFUL!!!!)and the domineering MaryRebecca and the cringing, panty-wearing sissy MaryAdam,(hilarious!!!!) who are stupid, whining babies who entirely deserve each other. Forever.>>

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

Tazluli 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-15-08, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tazluli Click to send private message to Tazluli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: This season a potential repeat of Season 3?"
That race was the first time I watched. Those two were horrible!

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-12-08, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This season a potential repeat of Season 3?"
I'll puke... just like I did when Flo won, just like I did when Freddie & Kendra won, just like I did when Eric & Danielle won. I have no doubts that these idiots will win.

A Tribe-ulous Holiday Creation

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •