The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Younger Teams"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-28-07, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Younger Teams"
Was I the only one concerned that
 This is a tough group .  They'll be younger. We still have a good balance.  stolen as a quote from the news story on the front page here  

I think that my favourite season, although possibly because it was my first, was season 6, which was so good at least in part because 2 younger teams were eliminated in the first two legs, so we had more of the Bowling mothers, Mirna and Schmirna et al (although I still feel sorry for Alison who had the worst racer ever seen as a partner).

Younger teams may make a more competitive race, however I would contend that they do not necessarily make a more exciting nor watchable one

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Younger Teams ohmyheck 07-28-07 1
   RE: Younger Teams Starshine 07-28-07 2
       RE: Younger Teams ohmyheck 07-28-07 3
 RE: Younger Teams Max Headroom 07-30-07 4
   RE: Younger Teams qwertypie 08-01-07 5
       RE: Younger Teams ohmyheck 08-01-07 6
   RE: Younger Teams Starshine 08-02-07 7
 RE: Younger Teams moondance 11-13-07 8
   RE: Younger Teams dabo 11-13-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-28-07, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Younger Teams"
I think you're talking about Season 5. And I wouldn't say you're sorry for Aliwhore around here. Be thankful you didn't watch Big Brother 4. I think that younger is better in a season with no non-elimination legs.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-28-07, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Younger Teams"
Drat, yes a slip of the fingers season 5 is of course the one I was talking about.

I don't really see the link between age and non-elims though, from memory it is the younger teams that are generally saved, because the older teams have generally been eliminated by the time the non-elims arrive.

Also since series 4 (I think) no-one has known that they are in a non-elim leg, so it isn't like teams have been able to sit back and take the leg easily.

Oh and does younger teams mean that Carissa and Billy are back?

07-28-07, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Younger Teams"
>Oh and does younger teams mean
>that Carissa and Billy are
>back?

*Shudder*

They were too creepy.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-30-07, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Younger Teams"
Let's just hope this season is a competitive race with teams who are fun to watch. More than one recent season has been sabotaged by excess stunt casting and too many pretty people who can't race.

I'm ambivalent about the ages of the racers. I just want to see a good TAR season since it's been a while since I've seen one.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-07, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Younger Teams"
Very rarely does the stunt casting work. Who wants to see more shallow self aborbed models? Not I.

I did enjoy Loree and Bolo (the wrestlers). One of my favorite all time quote has got to be her "My implants are frozen!"

08-01-07, 04:19 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Younger Teams"
Is that right behind his '66, 68, 80'?

08-02-07, 05:14 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Younger Teams"
My feeling on younger teams is that we are going to see more conflict, whilst I hate to generalise families and older couples have had more time to "rub the edges" from their relationships, whereas younger couples (FloZac, Mary Adam, etc.) have not got used to each other.

My argument was that couples like Bob and Joyce?, Gus and Hera, and even Teri and Ian have given me ten times more viewing pleasure than Freddie and Kendra, Brandon and Nicole, or Kelly and John.

I worry that the Season will be stunt casted with loads of models and made up couples (a la Chip and 3rdReichen), or even another set of twins

moondance 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

11-13-07, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moondance Click to send private message to moondance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Younger Teams"
Well this time, the older teams they casted seem to be the slow, stodgy types. Not all older people are like that, and they've had some good older racers in the past. Watching Pat and Kate do almost a leisurely walk as they tried to catch a bus was painful - were they the best the producers could find??? Never mind grandpa and the pole-vaulting.

When I heard Kate/Pat say "we may be slow, but we're smart".... I knew the end was coming.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-07, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Younger Teams"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-07 AT 10:23 AM (EST)

I really liked Kate and Pat, what little we got to see of them. They came into TAR with a lot of factors going for them in terms of attracting a lot of viewer attention, in terms of getting people up in arms over this that and the other, but turned out to be a mature reasonable couple rather than political foils for the editors. Shame they didn't last longer, bigger shame we didn't get to see more of them while they were in it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •