The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Consecutive non-elimination legs."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-07, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Consecutive non-elimination legs."
What was the point? Let's imagine if Eric & Danielle had arrived last. 'Eric & Danielle, you are the last team to arrive. You now must wait thirty minutes before I can check you in and give you another potential thirty-minute penalty. But don't worry: the one you're about to wait through can be corrected by the next bunch point.'

When a NEL penalty stands no chance of knocking you out -- when the Yield is useless (again) -- and when the only point to running the leg may have been the scene in the noodle factory -- then why give out two NELs in a row in the first place?

Conspiracy theories about the producers saving Danny & Oswald start here.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Consecutive non-elimination leg... HobbsofMI 04-23-07 1
 RE: Consecutive non-elimination leg... jbug 04-23-07 2
   RE: Consecutive non-elimination leg... dragonflies 04-23-07 4
   RE: Consecutive non-elimination leg... Cygnus X1 04-24-07 9
 RE: Consecutive non-elimination leg... jbug 04-23-07 3
   RE: Consecutive non-elimination leg... PepeLePew13 04-25-07 12
 Another thought. Estee 04-23-07 5
   RE: Another thought. vince3 04-23-07 7
 RE: Consecutive non-elimination leg... CTgirl 04-23-07 6
 RE: Consecutive non-elimination leg... davwav02 04-23-07 8
 RE: Consecutive non-elimination leg... mikey 04-24-07 10
 RE: Consecutive non-elimination leg... Colonel Zoidberg 04-25-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-07, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Consecutive non-elimination legs."
I'll second it....that leg was a mess....and looked to save D & O.

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-07, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Consecutive non-elimination legs."
Just another effort to confuse us?

But something Phil said to Oswald & Danny about their mark for elimination makes me think that IF a team that is marked for elimination comes in last OR is last due to waiting out their penalty, they WILL BE eliminated - (even if there were another non-emlin leg).

So I think (I do that sometimes - just for fun) that if Eric/Danielle had been last they would have been Philim'd.
We would be down to 3 teams and the next leg would almost surely have the non-elim on it.

Then on to the final leg! Hummm. Could that possibly then mean that on the last leg, a team getting to the WINNING mat first (who was non-elim'd the leg before) would have to wait out the 30 minutes? ON the WINNING mat?

Good Grief, now I've got to go think some more. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Handcrafted by RollDdice

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-07, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Consecutive non-elimination legs."
No, the non elim says they must arrive first OR be subject to a 30 min penalty.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-07, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Consecutive non-elimination legs."
Yeah, I was wondering how on earth the last leg of the Race could have the MFE tag. I mean, if you're NOT the first-place team at the finish line, the position you come in is really meaningless.

Looks like Bruck and BvM produced themselves into a corner.

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-07, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Consecutive non-elimination legs."
I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this so I'll post a question here.
Did ya'll notice that Eric was wearing a green recycle t-shirt on the leg that just happened to air on Earth Day?
Coincidence?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Consecutive non-elimination legs."
Can't we just recycle Eric? And Dani? Into the dumpster? Please?

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-07, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Another thought."
When Mr. Exposition Hands opened the envelope that was on top of the Mini-Moke, there was a Detour inside it.

Aborted Superleg or production error?

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-07, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Another thought."
Aborted Superleg.

Probably between the rain they were experiencing during the leg, and what was probably coming, maybet their logistics to getting to the next location via Superleg was ruined?

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-07, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Consecutive non-elimination legs."
I'm guessing that all the airport delays in Africa and then Uchenna and Joyce missing their connecting flight and falling so far behind really messed up the producers time line. They weren't able to figure out a way to fix it and got lucky that Eric and Danielle weren't eliminated.

davwav02 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-23-07, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail davwav02 Click to send private message to davwav02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Consecutive non-elimination legs."
If my memory serves me correctly (...checks Tivo...), Phil said that last nights NEL was the last of four non-elimination legs on the race. It does seem odd with the placement of it though, and I truly am curious if Eric/Danielle would have been eliminated. I speculate that if Eric/Danielle would have come in last, it would only make sense to eliminated them, but I remember Phil saying "You will incur a 30-minute penalty, during which time other teams can check in and you may be eliminated." I guess we'll never know...

mikey 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-24-07, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Consecutive non-elimination legs."
I like it when they vary the placements of the non-elim legs. This season I was actually surprised a couple of times. It gets too predictable if the second-to-last, fourth-to-last, and sixth to last legs are always non-elim.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-25-07, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Consecutive non-elimination legs."
I don't think it was a conspiracy. I think it was that Uchenna and Joyce were so far behind that they decided just to eliminate them, knowing thye had no chance in hell to catch up, and do a double-non-elim. The leg in which U and J were eliminated, in my view, should have been a non-elim. Had they been closer to the pack, it would have. Production isn't in a conspiracy. They're scrambling.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •