The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Oswald/Danny... not such a class act"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-03-07, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Oswald/Danny... not such a class act"
I was a huge fan of them from TAR2, they came in 1st place on two of the early Love Lists for this All-Stars season, but lots of the stuff they said in their exit interviews and on the Finish Line show on the show's website really turned me off.

In particular, Danny parroted Charla's comment from an early episode saying that the BQs are ugly on the inside, which is probably the most mean-spirited thing I've heard this season. When the BQs are in race mode, they are extremely focused and driven, but they have also proven that they are calm, courteous, and enjoying themselves most of the time.

It seems they are just expressing resentment that these two women out-Zenned them, and are tactlessly chucking petty insults at the same time they go on and on about karma and kindness and morality.

That, and their awful racing towards the end of their run here have really reduced my Cha love. Also, they think Schmirna is "a class act." I guess it's ok to be obnoxious, hypocritical trolls to dozens of locals, ticket agents, and other racers as long as you're nice to Danny and Oswald. What are they smoking?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a clas... Peetah 05-04-07 1
 RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a clas... zipperhead 05-04-07 2
   RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a clas... coolflowerpowerman 05-06-07 3
       RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a clas... udg 05-06-07 4
           RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a clas... coolflowerpowerman 05-06-07 5
               RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a clas... BriarRosie 05-07-07 6
                   RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a clas... ulalame 05-07-07 7
                   RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a clas... coolflowerpowerman 05-07-07 8
               RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a clas... udg 05-08-07 10
   RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a clas... sebpak 05-07-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Peetah 334 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-04-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Peetah Click to send private message to Peetah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a class act"
I agree. I didn't think my opinion of them would ever get this low, but I have serious Cha issues.

The party's over, boys.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-04-07, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a class act"
Keep in mind that there are things we don't see on the TV. Maybe Danny & Oswald have additional reasons for disliking the BQ's and appreciating Charla & Myrna.

05-06-07, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a class act"
Sure, maybe... but they didn't give good reasons except that they had "personas" in their original season and went to sleep instead of socializing with other teams at the pitstop... for me that hardly proves that the girls are two-faced bitchhats, just that they are better competitors than Danny and Oswald.

You say that there are things we don't see on TV, which is why Danny's superficial assessment of the BQs from what he saw of them in their original season makes so little sense.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-07, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a class act"
D & O could have also spoken to the other teams who were on their season and might know about things that weren't aired then.

I have to admit, while the BQ's come off OK most of the time, there have been a few instances when I've thought they've been getting a "good edit." I totally understand not liking C & M, but in some of their interactions, the BQ's seem to think of themselves as "better" than C & M in the way the cute girls in high school treat the geeks badly.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

05-06-07, 05:39 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a class act"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-07 AT 06:08 PM (EST)

Really? I thought exactly the opposite re: the editing...

From the preview for the first Chile episode:
"Next week Charla stands up to the beauty queens" would imply that the beauty queens were doing something bad to Charla/Mirna. What actually happened is that Mirna got angry at the BQs for ending up driving behind her on a straight road and when the beauty queens tried to appease her by chipping in for the cab Mirna was following, she lost it on them.

And then it was the same thing for the Kuala Lumpur airport confrontation... the previews made it look like the BQs were trying to shove Mirna out of the way when all Dustin/Kandice wanted the airline to do was follow its own policies and honor the order of the standby list-- which it eventually did.

I thought they handled that airport a whole lot better than Charla/Mirna and Oswald/Danny, who forced themselves on that poor agent in the employee's only area after he asked them nicely to go wait at the counter where they were supposed to . They even closed the door when he asked them not to. Poor guy

The worst the BQs have said about Mirna is "oh my god, she's so manipulative," and only in a very tense situation where Mirna was being a histrionic goon. We have heard Charla and Mirna accuse the beauty queens of having extensive plastic surgery, fake boobs, ugly insides, playing dirty by using the yield, and in the last episode... not knowing how to use the internet (although to be fair most of these were just Mirna). Classy.

Also, did you see Mirna's "##### you, #####" reaction to Kandice's good-natured compliment of her hair in Macau? Mirna's been so unnecessarily antagonistic, and we have seen nothing to justify it... I think the BQs are too busy racing to put down Charla/Mirna, and if they actually had we would have seen it.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-07-07, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a class act"
>LAST EDITED ON 05-06-07
>AT 06:08 PM (EST)

>>I think the BQs are
>too busy racing to put
>down Charla/Mirna, and if they
>actually had we would have
>seen it.

There's the point people are missing. They admitted during the finale at the safecracking task that they should do well because they DO gossip about the others. We just never saw most of it.

Lori

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-07-07, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a class act"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-07 AT 02:16 PM (EST)

>>>There's the point people are missing. They admitted during the finale at the safecracking task that they should do well because they DO gossip about the others. We just never saw most of it.<<<

I thought that was Eric commenting on how he and Dani should do well at the challenge, since she gossiped to him about all the other contestants?

I am in agreement with most of the others on this thread. The Cha Chas have lost their charm in a big way -- I actually just had the chance to watch season two over again, and they were SOOOO much better back then -- funny, charming, witty, calm and also good racers. Somehow they came back without the funnybone and with a big judgmental streak.

Don't you think that if the producers had had the footage to make the blonds look bad, they would have done so????? Especially given that they lost to the hated Eric and Danielle? The producers want the public to be happy with their winner -- I am 100% certain that if they could have, they would have edited Eric/Danielle in a better light and the beauty queens in a worse light if they'd had the footage, if only to make the audience happier with the outcome.

05-07-07, 06:01 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a class act"
Yeah, that was Danielle... not Dustin or Kandice.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a class act"
I never said that C&M were getting a bad edit or even that I liked them. I just think that the BQs aren't as nice as we're led to believe. *shrug*

OTOH, I also noticed that Eric & Danielle said that C&M had the best sense of humor, which isn't something that really came across well on screen.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

sebpak 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-07-07, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sebpak Click to send private message to sebpak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Oswald/Danny... not such a class act"
I have to agree w/ you on this zipperhead. I think there is alot on television to do with editing that almost creates characters.
C/M were basket cases and entertaining and painful at times to watch but they seem like sincere people when it all comes down. The BQs not so much. Their attitude was all about themselves and being beauty queens. With their comments on C/M t-shirts "... their to hot to handle..." eyeroll. And telling E/D they gave D/O the money to yield anyone but them. Shady. This thread has seemed to put BQ vs. DO, if so I vote for DO.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •