The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"team trailer trash = rupert?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"team trailer trash = rupert?"

come on. is this rigged? they get that stupid noneliminiation, "marked for elimination," must be first, or OH NO! 30 min penalty, TWICE???

are they rupert?

i can't *imagine* ppl like them that much.

~ cqc

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: team trailer trash = rupert? dabo 10-30-06 1
   RE: team trailer trash = rupert? Earl Colby Pottinger 10-30-06 2
       RE: team trailer trash = rupert? dabo 10-30-06 3
 Trailer trash? Hardly. Rhyn 10-30-06 4
   RE: Trailer trash? Hardly. deweydrop 10-30-06 5
   RE: Trailer trash? Hardly. aquariaqueen 10-30-06 6
   RE: Trailer trash? Hardly. Prof_ Wagstaff 10-30-06 8
   you read what wasn't there cqvenus 11-03-06 14
       RE: you read what wasn't there Rhyn 11-03-06 15
           what i'm stunned about cqvenus 11-04-06 16
 RE: team trailer trash = rupert? maryellennaco 10-30-06 7
 you people are confused cqvenus 10-30-06 9
   RE: you people are confused dabo 10-31-06 10
       RE: you people are confused J Slice 10-31-06 11
   Nope not confused Breezy 11-02-06 13
 RE: team trailer trash = rupert? Cyndimaus 11-02-06 12
 RE: team trailer trash = rupert? Karchita 11-04-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-06, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: team trailer trash = rupert?"
But no one expects David and Mary to win, big difference.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-30-06, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: team trailer trash = rupert?"
Plus, we see them enjoying both the places they go and the people they meet. To Rob most places (not all) were just background and people were to be use to get ahead of the crowd.

David & Mary are poorer people true, but they are not what I think of when I use the term trailer trash, I would not mind them living beside me. Plus coal mining is hard, dangerous work - anyone who does that for a living has more guts than me!

10-30-06, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: team trailer trash = rupert?"
I don't know if I'd say David and Mary are "poorer people." Rupert lived in a bad and dangerous part of Indianapolis, his main goal was to be able to move his family somewhere safer and nicer. David probably makes relatively good money working in the mines.

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-30-06, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Trailer trash? Hardly."
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-06 AT 07:57 PM (EST)

Here's a man who does one of the most dangerous jobs in America, and a wife who clearly supports him in his endeavor. Trailer trash can't keep a job, and even when the male part (because it's always the man who supports the family) of a trailer trash family gets a job, the female half usually whines and bitches until he quits or is fired. Classic trailer trash.

Here's a team who is moved by what they are seeing on their world tour, and who are decidedly less egocentric than most couples on this race. They've taken time to really appreciate the amazing things they've seen. Trailer trash just makes fun of whatever's different or unusual.

Here's a team whose closest friends on this race are the gay couple, the asian men, and the black women. Trailer trash says stick to your own kind, and don't trust none of them "foreigners."

This team is even willing to sacrifice the race to help their new friends. Their relationships mean more to them than monetary rewards. They aren't after the ultimate get-rich-quick scheme. They would rather take away from this race the things that really matter in life. Not what I think when I think 'trailer trash.'

A trailer trash team would be the one who was suspicious of every person not like themselves. People who were disrespectful at every stop. People who move beyond stressladen nagging to indulging in really, really hateful comments directed toward one another. People who seem to have no respect for one another. People who do very little to support one another. That, to me, is trailer trash. And that, of course, isn't Mary and David. It's Rob and Kimberly. Except, they don't have bad teeth, and they don't sound like they're Southerners.

You don't like Dave and Mary because they're poor, or because Mary has bad teeth and frizzy hair, or because she nags, or maybe because they talk funny. Fine. I'm not their biggest fan and I don't think they stand much of a chance of winning, but I'd say if you only see the bad and none of the good, then you must really be predisposed to disliking them.

There's an abundance of evidence that speaks to the quality of their characters, and very little evidence beyond the utterly superficial for disliking them. So, yes, I would say that maybe people do like them that much.

On the other hand, I really don't like Rupert.

(edited because some of my typos were just plain embarrassing)

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-30-06, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Trailer trash? Hardly."
*clap clap clap*

very well said.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-30-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Trailer trash? Hardly."
Thank you for taking the time to write that....very well done.

One exception, the trailer trash where I live, the gals (didn't say wife) work two jobs, and the men are on disability and lay around all day eating junkfood, smoking, drinking beer and making babies they don't want to raise.

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-30-06, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Trailer trash? Hardly."
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-06 AT 06:26 PM (EST)

Singing:
How you gonna keep them down on the farm, after they've seen Paree?

Beautifully said Rhyn.

I like them because I was so ready not to like them, at the beginning of the season. They changed my mind because of all the things that you mentioned.

I seriously doubt that they will make it to the end, but I suspect that they will come away from this race much, much richer than when they started. I can not even begin to imagine just how much their "world view" has expanded as a result of their experience on TAR.

Edited to correct the lyrics.

Tribephylanthropy!
Space For Rent.

11-03-06, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "you read what wasn't there"

You don't like Dave and Mary because they're poor, or because Mary has bad teeth and frizzy hair, or because she nags, or maybe because they talk funny.

i didn't say that i didn't like them.

thank you for defining what YOU think trailer trash is.

obviously i disagree.

~ cqc

and special thanks to breezy, the statistician, for tallying votes as to what constitutes "most."

*shrug*

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-03-06, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: you read what wasn't there"
You call them trailer trash and are stunned that people like them. If that's how you treat people you like, then I'd hate to see how you treat your enemies.

And, I agree with Breezy actually. I love bashers. I just didn't think it was a very good bash.

11-04-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
16. "what i'm stunned about"

is that people like them SO MUCH.

i think they're all right. but to be SO favorite as to receive (pity?) nonelim legs two weeks in a row, one of them where they actually got the fast forward, seems a bit much to me.

~ cqc

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-30-06, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: team trailer trash = rupert?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-06 AT 06:09 PM (EST)

STANDS & CLAPS, RHYN!!! Very well said! And yep, I do believe you were describing Rob & Kimberly! Wasn't it Kimberly who said something like, "All these poor people in these third world countries - when are we going to EUROPE so we can be around people we LIKE" ..... Barfaroni Beyotch. Ugh! Some folks just never have any class, even IF their teeth are good!

eta:grammar

10-30-06, 09:43 PM (EST)
9. "you people are confused"

i do believe the sign on the door said BASHERS.

anyway, you can love them if you want. heck, i'd just as easily go over to FANATICS and post how great i think they are in concurrence with their love thread.

but they do fit my images of trailer trash.

it's the accent, mostly. oh, well. they're gone next week, anyway.

and i still say they're team rupert.

~ cqc

10-31-06, 00:37 AM (EST)
10. "RE: you people are confused"
I actually didn't take exception to the trailer trash thingie though it is obvious in the opening credits they live in a nice country house and even have a trampoline and a four-wheeler. Still, they could be renting, and most trailer trash seem to be renting except them that aren't, so who knows.

Now if, on the other hand, you'd have said "po' white trash" well clearly them would have been fightin' words!

I like Mary because she's a sweetheart and is clearly having the time of her life despite the pain and hardship. And it is kind of entertaining watching the hicks bumble their way around the world.

As racers it is painfully obvious they are a lost cause, they just can't get it in gear when they need to. But they seem to have outlasted all the other bad race teams this edition, even Team Iron Man.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-06, 07:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: you people are confused"
Yeah...

They're pretty craptastic as racers, but they do seem to be decent people...

Heh... booketing.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-06, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Nope not confused"
Just most didn't agree with you in your bashing. *shrug*

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-02-06, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: team trailer trash = rupert?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-06 AT 11:41 AM (EST)

I'll believe it's rigged when we have ourselves a fast forward and they get it.

As much as I like them (David & Mary), I think the NELs are rather bunched up. Have we had them this close before?

etf pronoun clarification and sig

sig courtesy of Cygnus
Mouse on the move by Snidget

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-04-06, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: team trailer trash = rupert?"
I don't get it why people like them so much, either. They haven't done anything all that notable in my book, other than irritate. I do not care for the nagging, bickering or ignorant braying that they have displayed every single episode.

In my neck of the woods, we don't make such fine distinctions about trailer trash. If you have frizzy hair, bad teeth, a hillbilly accent, a four wheeler, and a spawn of kids, it's easy, you are trailer trash. Heck, just a couple of those things might do it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •