The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lamest tasks ever?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-23-06, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lamest tasks ever?"
What was up with last nights episode? Those had to be some of the most pathetic "challenges" ever.

Road block - climb a ladder. (people were freaking out about this? seriously? They were worried about Sarah doing it? She rock climbed up the Great Wall of China, but this ladder must be a huge obstacle, huh? Give me a break.
Oh, and they had to put together a puzzle too. *yawn*)

Fast forward - walk to the clue box. (sure, there was a big fire right next to it, but still, all they had to do was walk up to it.)

Detour - fill up bags with camel food or yell into a walkie-talkie.

Wow. All of the challenge makers must have been on vacation this week. Pathetic.

A Tribe work of art

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lamest tasks ever? mom2bjm 10-23-06 1
 RE: Lamest tasks ever? finallytyping 10-23-06 2
 RE: Lamest tasks ever? motormouth 10-23-06 3
   RE: Lamest tasks ever? Prof_ Wagstaff 10-23-06 4
 RE: Lamest tasks ever? EmmaHead 10-23-06 5
 RE: Lamest tasks ever? Cyndimaus 10-25-06 6
   RE: Lamest tasks ever? dabo 10-29-06 7
       RE: Now One Minute! foonermints 10-29-06 8
           RE: Now One Minute! dabo 10-30-06 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-23-06, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lamest tasks ever?"
I'll agree... that fast forward was pretty lame!

I wonder how many of those who did the feed bags kicked themselves after learning how easy the camel one would have been! But then, there were location and driving issues abounding!

No tricks from Moonbaby, just treats!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-23-06, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lamest tasks ever?"
I agree. Lame lame lame... the fast forward was just
walking behind a barrier with a tour guide. Yes, they got
hot, but they're in the desert in the summertime. Hot is
relative.

I think a better fast forward would have been to drive into Iraq
and try to negotiate a peace treaty. Now THAT would have been worth
first place and losing the 30 minute penalty.

I think Peter and Sarah's minders were probably shaking in their
boots when they were driving around like idiots. Who knows, maybe
they did go out of Kuwait.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-23-06, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lamest tasks ever?"
LOL, SilverStar! You're exactly right, though I have to admit, I never even thought about it at the time. Hopefully next week will more challenging.

Handcrafted at the stroke of midnight by RollDdice
*besa*

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-23-06, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lamest tasks ever?"
I'm sittin' next to MM.
I didn't think about it while we were watching the show, but SilverStar is right on the money.

I did notice that during the Fast Forward there were three guys in firesuits helping David and Mary. Since they were not standing behind the shield when they all approached the clue box, I'm going to assume that the shield was just for show.

Yep,
Lamest*Tasks*Ever

Tribephylanthropy!
Space For Rent.

EmmaHead 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-23-06, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EmmaHead Click to send private message to EmmaHead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lamest tasks ever?"
I don't think they were the best tasks but they weren't the worst tasks either. Think of TAR9 where they had to pick up gnome hats to find a clue or go through laundry looking for a yellow and red tag to get their clue or search through hundreds of nesting dolls to find their clue. I hate searching tasks and have been very pleased that TAR10 seems to be avoiding them.
Plus, I thought the robotic jockey was hilarious!

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-25-06, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lamest tasks ever?"
Tasks could have been better, I agree. The only thing that saved the roadblock was having the climb combined with the puzzle. Helped make it a bit more fair since they could only climb one at a time.

The filling the bag task was difficult mostly because of the heat. I can only imagine how hard that would have been.

And the camel task was probably mostly challenging because teams seemed to struggle in actually FINDING the place.

Fast forward was sorta lame but the one last season was lame too. Guess we just have lame fast forwards from now one?

siggie by ARnutz
bounced by Icey
Maus Musings

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-06, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lamest tasks ever?"
FF walk into 1000 degree heat, compare with FF have your head shaved. Personally, I'd rather see them do something genuinely challenging not just make gonzo TV. Even the gutbuster food challenges were more difficult than getting your head shaved, and I hated the gutbuster food challenges (though for an entirely different reason). I mean, honestly, I can understand the embarrassment issue, but I don't expect them to ever come up with a lamer task than get your head shaved.

Community Chest: Get your head shaved, go directly to Go, collect $200. Or a Travelocity Vacation, whatever.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Now One Minute!"
Travelocity luxurious vacation trips are worth at least $250. Well, Canadian..
It's not MY fault that ManBoobie chose stupid tasks. I hear they've got a real difficult one coming up, involving window washing and ammonia!. Then some intense vacuuming. *Yawn-o-La*

I'm too sexy for my hat pants.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Now One Minute!"
but monopoly money is 1910s-adjusted

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •