The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Coffee Bean roadblock"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-02-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Coffee Bean roadblock"
Another one of those searching roadblocks. Boring to watch and not a matter of skill but a matter of luck. It was this challenge that set the Gaghans up for elimination. But I think that mom could have done better with the challenge. Maybe they just didn't show it, but it seemed like she spent most of her time raking out the beans and hardly any time on her hands and knees actually looking for the darn red bean. I found myself shouting to her, "get down and look for the bean!" Maybe Carissa would have done a better job with this one!

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Coffee Bean roadblock zipperhead 11-02-05 1
   RE: Coffee Bean roadblock tvgeek401 11-02-05 2
       RE: Coffee Bean roadblock byoffer 11-02-05 3
           RE: Coffee Bean roadblock DonnaLynn 11-02-05 4
 RE: Coffee Bean roadblock cqvenus 11-02-05 5
 RE: Coffee Bean roadblock Ryan DeMaster 11-03-05 6
 RE: Coffee Bean roadblock aquariaqueen 11-03-05 7
   RE: Coffee Bean roadblock Earl Colby Pottinger 11-04-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-02-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Coffee Bean roadblock"
These kind of roadblocks are good because they are an equalizer. Some teams may be stronger than others, some are really good at directions, others get all the help they need from locals, etc. But when it comes to finding one bean in a pile, it all comes down to luck. And luck should be an integral part of the game because we would otherwise know early on who has the skills to win it all and that would be boring to watch.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-02-05, 02:46 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Coffee Bean roadblock"
But I want the best team to win, not the most lucky.
CIP: Freddy/Kendra vs. Kris/Jon.

It just wouldn't be the same without the geek! --tribe, the amazing creator of my siggie
I say this partly because I have horrible luck and I'm sick of losing all the time. *grumble*

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-02-05, 03:03 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Coffee Bean roadblock"
there there, it's alright.
*pats tvgeek's shoulder*

Just remember that quitters never win, and winners never have horrible luck.

sorry

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-02-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Coffee Bean roadblock"
This ENTIRE ep was one huge equalizer! First they race to get on the first bus and then when they get off the bus they find out it didn't matter which bus they got on because the place doesn't open for hours. I mean COME ON!

I was thinking the same thing about Carissa! I really think this was a task that a small child would have done great on!

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-02-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Coffee Bean roadblock"

as usual, i have mixed feelings about it. i think things like this are equalizing, so they are good. but i'm not sure if they need to be placed this far down into the race. i mean, there are now 5 teams left.

and the mom was hardly even trying. what a tool.

~ cqc

Ryan DeMaster 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-03-05, 03:56 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Coffee Bean roadblock"
Carissa would have done a better job with that one. Little kids are awesome at finding stuff.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-03-05, 09:34 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Coffee Bean roadblock"
The one thing that these types of tasks can do, is break some people's perseverence. Some people will get so distressed over such a mundane activity, and just literally break down about it, pouting. Some can go to the activity and rip it apart and get out of there.

I think back a race or two to the gal that spent something like 8 hours pushing hay bales.....that's perseverence!

Frustration can lead to silly mistakes.

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-04-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Coffee Bean roadblock"
The thing is these type of tests are not all luck either.

They still need people to use thier brains on how to appoach the task at hand. If a team's standing in the game moves by more than 2 places when doing one of these tasks you know it is not the task, it is someone being careless. The bales of hay may be a partial exception because I can see someone randomly missing the right bales for quite a while, on the otherhand 8 hours and close to 100 bales suggest she went into a daze and was no longer really looking.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •