The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-05-05, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
It looks like no one organized a Hawkeye 10 schedule this season, so I thought I would jump in with this week's offering:

1. Certainly, it was clear that in the end the Northern family, the Paolos, were going to beat the Southern family, the Rogerses, at a Civil War roadblock. Name a roadblock the Southern Rogerses could have won.
2. The Rogerses, from Louisiana, continued to play the “blame game” at the finish. Who in the family got blamed for the recent hurricane and why?
3. If the Black family had not been eliminated last week, they would have been offered a third option in the “Civil War” detour this week. What was it?
4. The Branson family has Wally huffing and puffing, surely in need of a rest. They get to the roadblock and who do they choose to do it? Wally. What were they thinking?
5. If the Paolo family had a sitcom, what would the name of the show be?
6. Name one of the Godlewski sisters. That’s it, betcha couldn’t do that without looking it up. For a bonus, state how is she different than the other Godlewskis.
7. Name a task the Weaver family could have done which would have been more insensitive to their current state of grieving than carrying dying men on a stretcher?
8. If there had been a roadblock or detour at the big shoe house, what task could they have performed there? (And wasn’t it Ed Sullivan who used to say “really big shooeee”?, but I digress)
9. If you looked real close, you could recognize one of the “spies” at the tidal basin. Who was it? (Bonus points if you can do an impression of “Karl Rove” or “Scooter Libby” in exposing the spy).
10. What will it take to make Marion Paolo shut up about the friggin’ gas station?
Bonus: Brock Rogers was wearing a t-shirt this week that says "I heart twins." Which twins was he referring to?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 Seana 10-05-05 1
   RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 mikey 10-05-05 2
 RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 Earl Colby Pottinger 10-05-05 3
 RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 dajaki 10-05-05 4
 RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 zipperhead 10-05-05 5
 RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 cahaya 10-05-05 6
 RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 Molaholic 10-05-05 7
 RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 Max Headroom 10-06-05 8
   RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 cahaya 10-06-05 9
 RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 Cygnus X1 10-07-05 10
   RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 Seana 10-07-05 11
       RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 Cygnus X1 10-07-05 12
 RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 mikey 10-10-05 13
   RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 Cygnus X1 10-10-05 14
       RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 Seana 10-11-05 15
           RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2 Cygnus X1 10-11-05 16
 The Bonus Question Answer mikey 10-11-05 17
   RE: The Bonus Question Answer Seana 10-11-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-05-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-05 AT 08:28 PM (EST)

Hi mikey!

I don't have time to answer right now, but I will be back to edit soon. Just wanted to say that your questions made me L my A off and I'm glad to see someone picked this up. If you like, I will do one too. And maybe we could sign up some others.
Not to steal your thunder or anything. Just trying to help.

OK, I know. That was the opposite of "soon". Sorry.

1. Certainly, it was clear that in the end the Northern family, the Paolos, were going to beat the Southern family, the Rogerses, at a Civil War roadblock. Name a roadblock the Southern Rogerses could have won.
Watermelon eating contest?

2. The Rogerses, from Louisiana, continued to play the “blame game” at the finish. Who in the family got blamed for the recent hurricane and why?
The women, for opening Pandora's Box and allowing bad things to enter the world.

3. If the Black family had not been eliminated last week, they would have been offered a third option in the “Civil War” detour this week. What was it?
Finding their way to Canada hidden in trunks and crates.

4. The Branson family has Wally huffing and puffing, surely in need of a rest. They get to the roadblock and who do they choose to do it? Wally. What were they thinking?
That maybe the spy they were looking for would take pity on them and volunteer that the sea is green.

5. If the Paolo family had a sitcom, what would the name of the
show be?
10 Things I Hate About You

6. Name one of the Godlewski sisters. That’s it, betcha couldn’t do that without looking it up. For a bonus, state how is she different than the other Godlewskis.
Er...um...Sharon! Ha! She is different because someone is playing her in the BTAR game.

7. Name a task the Weaver family could have done which would have been more insensitive to their current state of grieving than carrying dying men on a stretcher?
dajaki stole my answer. *pout*

8. If there had been a roadblock or detour at the big shoe house, what task could they have performed there? (And wasn’t it Ed Sullivan who used to say “really big shooeee”?, but I digress)
In honour of the little old lady who whipped all her kids "soundly and sent them to bed", each family member could smack each other family member once with one of those "Board of Education" paddles.

9. If you looked real close, you could recognize one of the “spies” at the tidal basin. Who was it? (Bonus points if you can do an impression of “Karl Rove” or “Scooter Libby” in exposing the spy).
It was Bob Dole. I guess the ED people didn't pay him enough and he needs to do guest spots now.

10. What will it take to make Marion Paolo shut up about the friggin’ gas station?
Go back in time to the instant her mother met her father and kill them both.

Bonus: Brock Rogers was wearing a t-shirt this week that says "I heart twins." Which twins was he referring to?
Mary Kate and Ashley

10-05-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
Oh, feel free, I am not much of an organizer, so if you want to do a schedule I am all for it.

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-05-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
Was there a TAR racer there? Dang, now I have to watch still again.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-05-05, 02:41 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
They could have come up with more reasons in the annual "Why My Accent Really Does Indicate a Lack of Intelligence" Contest

It's Dad's fault - he's a raging storm waiting to happen

Choose a long rifle and pick off 10 Confederate soldiers

Ummm, thinking? Do you really believe that they were thinking?

Everybody Loves Talking

Hanging my head in shame as I cannot name one.

Carrying dying men on a stretcher off a racetrack

They might actually have had to search the shoe, as Phil said, rather than just run up some outside stairs to the roof.

9. If you looked real close, you could recognize one of the “spies” at the tidal basin. Who was it? (Bonus points if you can do an impression of “Karl Rove” or “Scooter Libby” in
exposing the spy).

It was Teddy Kennedy. You know he doesn't go to work in the Capitol unless he absolutely has to.

Well, maybe if her husband and sons listened to her ONCE! And showed her some respect! And just shut up!

The WonderTwins from Season 3. Maybe Brock needs to tell his parents that he's good at more than just map-reading.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-05-05, 03:44 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"

Secede from the Amazing Race and start their own version with Jessica Simpson doing Phil's job.

The father was blamed because he blows that hard.

Take the Confederate flag away from the Confederate soldiers.

"Hey, the old man is dead weight. Let's see if one of these spies can get rid of him for us."

The Family Feud.

Look down. No, not down at my chest. Look down at my sig pic, you pervert. Bonus: I'm the one with brains, as evidenced by the fact that I am the only one capable of driving. No, it is not a control issue. What have my sisters been telling you?

Running over their mom? Oops, done that one already!

Chase the Gaghan kids around and tie them up in shoe strings.

Darn it! I was wondering where a past Racer might have appeared. Who did I miss?

Trick question - nothing can make Mama Paolo shut up. She said so herself, didn't she?

Look down again. Yes that's right. First the Linz boys and now that Rogers punk. They'll all be distracted by my beauty before the end.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 06:40 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
1. Certainly, it was clear that in the end the Northern family, the Paolos, were going to beat the Southern family, the Rogerses, at a Civil War roadblock. Name a roadblock the Southern Rogerses could have won. For hurricane preparation, either (1) house boarding, or (2) sandbag laying.

2. The Rogerses, from Louisiana, continued to play the blame game at the finish. Who in the family got blamed for the recent hurricane and why? Mom, because it wasn't named after her.

3. If the Black family had not been eliminated last week, they would have been offered a third option in the Civil War detour this week. What was it? Loading and shooting 10 artillery rounds at the Confederate positions.

4. The Branson family has Wally huffing and puffing, surely in need of a rest. They get to the roadblock and who do they choose to do it? Wally. What were they thinking? They couldn't leave it to a Beaver. (ok, bad joke!)

5. If the Paolo family had a sitcom, what would the name of the show be? Mama mia!

6. Name one of the Godlewski sisters. That’s it, betcha couldn’t do that without looking it up. For a bonus, state how is she different than the other Godlewskis. Tricia, because she's cute.

7. Name a task the Weaver family could have done which would have been more insensitive to their current state of grieving than carrying dying men on a stretcher? Carrying dying women on a stretcher.

8. If there had been a roadblock or detour at the big shoe house, what task could they have performed there? (And wasn’t it Ed Sullivan who used to say really big shooeee?, but I digress) Recite the Mother Hubbard poem 100 times as fast as you can.

9. If you looked real close, you could recognize one of the spies at the tidal basin. Who was it? (Bonus points if you can do an impression of Karl Rove or Scooter Libby in exposing the spy). (I swear the guy with the mustache could have been Bolton, and one of the ladies could have passed for Condoleza Rice.) Rove speaking to Bolton: "And the second code phrase before you hand over the campaign contributions is 'Enemy states are blue.' to which they must reply 'My state is red.'"

10. What will it take to make Marion Paolo shut up about the friggin’ gas station? Pour some gas into the back seat and toss a match in. (cruel, I know, but effective)

Bonus: Brock Rogers was wearing a t-shirt this week that says "I heart twins." Which twins was he referring to? The Doublemint Twins, with his Disney-rated machismo.

A spooky tribephyl creation

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 11:34 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-05 AT 11:35 PM (EST)

As always -- posting before reading. Any similarity is just.... creepy.

Finding the Eastern Western route to China by going west east.

Since they continued to be lost, they blamed the little Gaghan brat girl.

Uhhh... I have no idea what you mean. Was there a black family involved?

Wally was a big fan of the late Don Adams.

&#^@%^% you!

Tweedle-dee Godlewski ... she's the one with webbed toes.

Gosh -- how about a Pit Crew?

8. If there had been a roadblock or detour at the big shoe house, what task could they have performed there?
(And wasn’t it Ed Sullivan who used to say “really big shooeee”?, but I digress)
Schlep a Really Big Shoe odor-eater to the top floor.

I thought it was Kathy Griffen ... aka THE MOLE

"An offer she couldn't refuse"

He's been busy at Survivor Spoilers.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"

A grit-eating contest, of course! (Have you ever eaten grits? They taste like unflavored gravel.)

All of them. Despite their best efforts, the hurricane did NOT make a wrong turn before its arrival.

Refugees.

Wally's TAR hero is Chip and he wanted to do ALL the challenges. (Never mind that he has three much-younger and much-more-fit daughters standing around watching him.)

As the World Bickers.

Uh, umm, ah, Sharon! Yeah, that's one of the sisters, right? She's different because she's older or younger than the other sisters (no twins here).

Gathering track debris during a NASCAR yellow flag.

Package up 10,000 Dr. Scholl's Odor Eaters and ship them to all TAR contestants surviving six consecutive race legs in India.

Tom DeLay. He thought the briefcases contained untraceable cash.

Unfortunately for us, nothing can make Marion Paolo shut up. Brock's T-shirt referred to Kami and Karli, who set the gold standard for TAR cluelessness, almost matched by the Rogers in their Philimination leg.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
A grit-eating contest, of course! (Have you ever eaten grits? They taste like unflavored gravel.)

You know, I was thinking exactly the same thing... either the grits or 4 pounds of chitlins.

A spooky tribephyl creation

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"

Distribute 20 mint juleps to the Confederate officers.

Brittney, because the hurricane wasn't named after her.

Argue the Dred Scott case to John Roberts.

4. The Bransen family has Wally huffing and puffing, surely in need of a rest. They get to the roadblock and who do they choose to do it? Wally. What were they thinking?

They didn't want his muscles to lock up before his heart did.

We Put The "Fun" In "Dysfunctional"

The thirty-something blonde one. The others are, well, thirty-something and blonde.

Reenacting Dale Earnhardt's accident.

Polish It or Lace It. Unfortunately, they didn't have eight other shoes that size, not even at the local bowling alleys.

Natalee Holloway.

Putting her lips on the exhaust pipe. (Or realizing her inspiration was Ethel Merman in "It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World.")

(that's her on the left, of course)

Zan and Jana, the WonderTwins (for those of you who, like me, watched WAY too much Saturday morning TV in the 70s).

Mikey, I'll be happy to do at least one of these.

10-07-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
Wonder Twin powers activate!

I thought I was the only one who remembered. *sniff*

10-07-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-05 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

You look so cute in purple.

Form of: A New Zealander reality show TV host with pecs until next Tuesday!

10-10-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
Who wants to do this week's (Episode 3) Hawkeye?

10-10-05, 11:05 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
If no one else wants to, I'll take it.

10-11-05, 00:07 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
I can do it. I was going to volunteer anyway.

10-11-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Hawkeye 10 - Episode 2"
I defer to the might that is Seana.

And go for more suckup points.

10-11-05, 04:55 PM (EST)
17. "The Bonus Question Answer"
It looks like TV Guide On-Line reads the Hawkeye questions and happened to ask Brock about the t-shirt as well. Looks like he was referring to the Olsen Twins:

"TVGuide.com: Random question, Brock: Where'd you get the I Heart Twins T-shirt?
Brock: Hollister. It's a branch of Abercrombie. I thought it would be funny if I wore it.
Brittney: And he really does heart twins — the Olsen twins. So if you could hook him up, that'd be great."

10-11-05, 07:43 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The Bonus Question Answer"
I win! I win!

Oh, and I'm all ready to take notes for the Hawkeye. And the Not So... and the BTAR.

I love this show.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •