The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-28-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
OK. I'm as patriotic as anyone, whereas patriotic means loving my country and (most) of the people in it. But I have a bad feeling that the longer TAR stays in here rather than abroad, the more overly shmaltzy moments we'll be seeing.

First of all -- the praying family. Very sad that Dad died, and I'm glad that faith got them through it. But I was reminded of the SNL sketch where Phil Hartman played Jesus coming down to see Sally Field and saying: "Would you mind not praying so much? Like: Dear Jesus, be with me as I vacuum the stairs, or dear Jesus, fill me with your spirit as I sponge off the slipcovers." Pray for the big things, but don't as for God's help to get you out of the van and run to where Phil is standing. You should be able to handle that one on your own. And they lucked out with the truck driver who gave them directions, but their zeal to proseletize might be a bit more of a problem if they venture to certain foreign countries.

Next -- the whole flag ceremony on the Delaware. It's good to be touched by your history, but I have a feeling that some of these families have a pretty muddled idea of history (particularly the woman who didn't even know Pennsylvania was a state). Somebody even thought letting the flag touch the water was sacreligious. Umm, no. The flag is not a religious symbol. It's just a sign of disrespect. And while there was so much to dislike about the Growing Up Gottis, Momma Paola won a spot in my heart last night for muttering during the folding of the flag: "Can they speed it up a bit?"

The Rogers dad with his "everyone should submit to the man" talk. Sigh. No further comment needed.

Finally, we get to see Eagle Scouts. But they didn't do anything but hand out tents and stand their in their uniform. Pointless symbols. But Momma Paola mentioned that her sons were both scouts. I'll bet. They were probably the ones who joined to beat up other scouts and set fires at summer camp.

Some might think the bickering was annoying. I saw it as a sign of hope.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who edited last night's show? N... dragonflies 09-28-05 1
 RE: Who edited last night's show? N... Tahj 09-28-05 2
   RE: Who edited last night's show? N... LibraRising 09-28-05 3
   RE: Who edited last night's show? N... emydi 09-28-05 4
       RE: Who edited last night's show? N... KObrien_fan 09-28-05 5
           RE: Who edited last night's show? N... Lisa0116 09-28-05 6
               RE: Who edited last night's show? N... Snidget 09-28-05 7
                   RE: Who edited last night's show? N... Lisa0116 09-28-05 8
 RE: Who edited last night's show? N... Rhyn 09-28-05 9
   RE: Who edited last night's show? N... LibraRising 09-28-05 10
   RE: Who edited last night's show? N... HistoryDetective 09-29-05 12
       RE: Who edited last night's show? N... Tahj 09-29-05 13
   RE: Who edited last night's show? N... newsomewayne 10-05-05 14
 RE: Who edited last night's show? N... tvgeek401 09-28-05 11
 RE: Who edited last night's show? N... Tahj 10-05-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-28-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
shmaltzy, I like that word.

agreed on everything except that the bickering is very annoying.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-28-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
Well, that Schroeder guy is really into making non-PC, un-Norman-like comments like, " "I wish I had a handicap kid to push in the street." If he lasts, I'm sure more will be coming.

Moves courtesy of Syren

09-28-05, 02:23 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
Hmm. Perhaps the producers are setting up Rockwellesque situations only to have them filled by our very unRockwellian families (particularly since the most "normal" one was eliminated first). This might be better than I thought.

BTW, DF, I loved the planetarium/museum in Chicago! Thanks for the tip.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 02:27 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
I liked that family the most (I think--it's hard to tell on one show) It is the only step family which is really what many families are these days. I really like the step mom and the guy is funny and hope he sticks around for awhile.

One thing about the Gottis--what ever became of the fact that they lost their clue at W's Crossing? Freddy and Kendra got penalized for that didn't they? and it didn't effect them...why did they show it and then not penalize them? Just for more fodder to bicker??

If it was my family, one of us wouldn't have made it out of NYC--having been killed by the other 3 Maybe next time they can have Dsyfunctional Families!!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
One thing about the Gottis--what ever became of the fact that they lost their clue at W's Crossing? Freddy and Kendra got penalized for that didn't they? and it didn't effect them...why did they show it and then not penalize them? Just for more fodder to bicker??

I think that Freddy and Kendra got penalized not because they lost their clue, but because they took a second one knowing that they had lost their first, and that is what is against the rules.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-28-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
Yes, but the others left theirs and were made to go back and get it-weren't they??? I just had the impression that you had to have all the clues and stuff at each pit stop. Maybe there should be a time penalty if you don't have them all.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
Looked it up, but are we thinking Meredith and Gretchen who drove past a clue box and never picked it up but found the pitstop because of the markers. They had to go back to the clue box to get the clue. They didn't lose it, they never stopped to get it.

Kendra and Freddy lost a clue but took a second one from the box. It sounds like they don't care what you did with the clue, as long as you took one and only one.

I hereby declare you: 'Blacksmith of the Underworld'--ZombieBaby

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
Thanks for clearing that up-I couldn't remember and I don't have TAR taped.

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 07:07 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
Eh, I rather like the US history spin on this show. The patriotism doesn't bother me, and I found it incredibly rude, the Paolo Mom's mumble. Only because it's equally incredibly rude when other racers seem overly impatient and/or disrepectful during other ceremonies, like a blessing from a Hawaiian chief or other such thing. You're told to watch the ceremony, not be respectful, but if you can't wait patiently for it to be over, then you are a tactless person at best and a social retard at worst. And if previous contestants can muster up a little quiet respect (when you know they would rather be rushing off to the next task, too) for another country's (usually religious) ceremony, I would expect Americans at a ceremony that symbolizes an important part of American history to hold their impatience in check. I mean, we already have a lot less "culture" than many other, older countries, so why not celebrate things like George Washington crossing the Delaware in the battle of Trenton? In silence? With our big, fat, annoying mouths shut. For 35 seconds. Good grief, I'm leaning toward "social retard."

I didn't like the Eagle Scout with the cockeyed hat. He looked like a little thug wannabe.

I think the "sacreligious" comment was more from a limited understanding of the words that mother wants to be heard using, perhaps to seem more educated. She did qualify it with "or something." I wager she's something of a "seasoned assist" or "irregardless" kinda girl. I truly don't think she was assigning the flag a religious meaning. And, God love her (they must be best friends) but I hope to hell the Weaver mom was just really taken aback by a stateside destination. Perhaps she was trying to make sure the clue didn't mean "Penn Station" or "Pennsylvania avenue." It did make for some bashworthy material, though.

09-28-05, 09:29 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
Now -- if they would have been made to wander the streets of Trenton for a while, that would have been good TV.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 09:39 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
Quibble: Washington did not cross the Delaware during the battle at Trenton. He crossed the river several miles upriver of Trenton in order to march on the British forces already in Trenton.

The entire flag ceremony was completely contrived, not an accurate rendering of anything that would have been taking place in December 1776.

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal

09-29-05, 10:57 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
The entire flag ceremony was completely contrived, not an accurate rendering of anything that would have been taking place in December 1776.

What? You mean Washington WAS NOT in a race with other teams to cross the Delaware, retrieve a flag, race back, and wait to have it slowly folded by some old geezers???

Moves courtesy of Syren

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 08:19 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
Thank you, Rhyn. I agree pretty much with your whole post.

Hit-n-Run siggies by Tribephyl, 2005

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-28-05, 11:50 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
Ditto, Libra.

It just wouldn't be the same without the geek! --tribe, the amazing creator of my siggie
Already sick of patriotic TAR.

10-05-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Who edited last night's show? Norman Rockwell?"
Well, once again the Schroeder asshat has not failed us. His comment to the woman who didn't give him the password was, "Her panties are too tight." Then saying to the older man, "Thanks Pops."

Moves courtesy of Syren

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •