The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR8 Not So Move of the Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-05-05, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR8 Not So Move of the Week"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-05 AT 02:05 PM (EST)

Here is an opportunity to consolidate discussion of the stupidest decisions of this week's episode in a single post.

Traditionally, (I think) I give you a list of stupid moves and you vote for your favourite in the subject line. Explain (or not) in the body of the post. Anyway, that's how we'll try it. This is all unofficial, so it doesn't really matter. Please feel free to write in your vote, suggest corrections or whatever.

OK, on to the boneheaded things they do (in no particular order):

1. Rogers family drives the wrong way, having been the only team to head east instead of west.

2. Paolo family drives around looking for a gas station, wasting more gas, and incidentally their lead on other teams.

3. Gaghan family doesn't re-read the clue and therefore spends 2 (or 3?) hours at the wrong reflecting pool.

4. Weaver family can't seem to find a battlefield full of soldiers yelling and shooting rifles, despite being very near.

Editted to add #5 - Thanks, ftaok!

5. The Aiellos, despite having a team member who lived in Washington DC, go to the wrong reflecting pool.

I can't think of a 5th one...any thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 #1 realitybites 10-05-05 1
 RE: #1 Lisa0116 10-05-05 2
 #1 ftaok 10-05-05 3
   RE: #1 Seana 10-05-05 4
       RE: #1 ftaok 10-06-05 8
 #1 dajaki 10-05-05 5
 3 tvgeek401 10-05-05 6
 #1 Cygnus X1 10-05-05 7
   RE: #3 Dakota 10-07-05 13
 #1 cahaya 10-06-05 9
   RE: #1 tvgeek401 10-06-05 10
       RE: #1 Max Headroom 10-06-05 11
       RE: #1 cahaya 10-08-05 14
 Tally Seana 10-07-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-05-05, 10:13 AM (EST)
1. "#1"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-05 AT 10:13 AM (EST)

I'm glad these are back. They're fun to look at and discuss.

I can't think of a 5th not-so-smart move either, besides maybe the other teams following the Gaghans around the wrong pool.

Of the choices listed, all are good, but #1 was fatal, so I'll go with that.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-05-05, 11:01 AM (EST)
2. "RE: #1"
I could not believe that the dad told the kid how irresponsible he was for not getting off on the right exit when they hadn't even come to the exit, yet. I think I would have made my dad eat crow for days if he did that to me....

ftaok 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-05-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
3. "#1"
Definately #1. It lead to their elimination.

#3 is a close second.

Other boneheaded moves not mentioned.

- The Aiello family being all cocky because one of the SIL's lived there for 2 years. Yet they managed to waste time at the wrong reflecting pool.

- The Rogers family helping out the Gaghans figure out they were at the wrong pool. Dad Rogers even pointed out that they made a mistake in doing that.

- The Linz brother who did the Spy Roadblock followed the Aiello SIL. He should have split up at least a little bit. Why was he asking the same exact people that the SIL asked half a second earlier???

10-05-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
4. "RE: #1"
Your first two are good - thanks!. I had forgotten about them.

For the third, I think they were supposed to find the identical briefcase, so if Spy A didn't have the Aiello briefcase, then s/he may have had the Linz one.

I liked some of the spies' snarky answers:

"The sky is blue."

"Yes, it's lovely."

I'm adding that first one to the list as the 5th.

ftaok 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-06-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
8. "RE: #1"

>For the third, I think they
>were supposed to find the
>identical briefcase, so if Spy
>A didn't have the Aiello
>briefcase, then s/he may have
>had the Linz one.

I had thought this initially, but all of the spies seemed to be trained to recite the code phrase. Plus, they said that there were only 10 spies with the code phrase.

So really, I think all teams had the same briefcases and there were only 10 out of 50 possible matches.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-05-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
5. "#1"
When I drive to LA from Phoenix, which I've done tons of times, I still check the map regularly to see how far I've gone. How come, when you're in a race for $1 million, you aren't constantly checking the map against exits you're passing just to verify that you're going the right way? Stupid Rogers family, stupid Rogers dad. "I'm the Navigator" my foot.

Honorable Mention #3. Read the clue, you dingledorks! It clearly said reflecting pool near the Capitol building, not in the capital.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-05-05, 05:42 PM (EST)
6. "3"
to go against the unanimous vote so far.

It just wouldn't be the same without the geek! --tribe, the amazing creator of my siggie
7-02-03

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 05:53 PM (EST)
7. "#1"
The Rogerses should have known they were in trouble when they passed Debbie and Bianca.

Good catch on #5, though.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-05, 10:43 PM (EST)
13. "RE: #3"
ROFL. Cygnus, you made me laugh, so I'm putting my answer under yours and using the sig pic you made.

Wrong turns, missing exists - it happens. But not re-reading the clue after 20 minutes, let alone 2 hours? Pffft.

Cygnus Artistry
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-05, 12:12 PM (EST)
9. "#1"
Gotta go with #1 as it led to the Philimination of the Rogers family (no loss, really).

Another bonehead decision (in addition to those already mentioned): The Gaghan family deciding to do the 'Heat of the Battle' with the physically demanding stretchers rather than the 'Heat of the Night' by filling lanterns. Poor Carissa ended up carrying wounded soldiers hats around.

A spooky tribephyl creation

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-06-05, 03:13 PM (EST)
10. "RE: #1"
Poor Carissa?
More like poor Carissa's parents. They had to lug those soldiers around by themselves. And they have to deal with those two annoying kids. If they were my kids, I would have left them with the Amish.

It just wouldn't be the same without the geek! --tribe, the amazing creator of my siggie
And that is why I'm never, ever having children.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-05, 03:21 PM (EST)
11. "RE: #1"
Forget what Billy Gaghan said, I want Carissa's job!

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-05, 02:57 AM (EST)
14. "RE: #1"
More like poor Carissa's parents. They had to lug those soldiers around by themselves.

Of course, the Gaghan parents could have just decided for all of them to fill up lanterns with oil, something even Carissa could help do. Carrying stretchers of men around perhaps was not such a wise Detour decision.

If they were my kids, I would have left them with the Amish.

Yup, the Amish really do dote on their kids, often many of them.

A spooky tribephyl creation

10-07-05, 01:54 PM (EST)
12. "Tally"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-05 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

6 votes for the Rogers' booboo and 3 votes for the Gaghans.

I actually agree with tvgeek. I think it's easier to read a map wrong than a clue. A clue with very few words on it. And then to fail completely to re-read the clue? That's dreadful.

I'm not convinced the long drive cost the Rogers everything, they were consistently off the whole time.

Even still, the tribe has spoken and the Rogers' win:

Editted to include Dakota's vote.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •