The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Let the bashing begin."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

davwav02 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-27-05, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Let the bashing begin."
While I think the idea of four team members is pretty good, I don't know about the families, or at least the ones with little kids. I can honestly say the the Gaghan family's kids were definitely on my nerves by the end of the episode, just in a little annoying kid kind of way. I know we are talking about kids here, but when it comes to reality tv, a DAW is a DAW, and is just as bashable as another. I'm hoping we don't have to listen to the Gaghan's for too long. In the same respect, I think I'm gonna get pretty sick of the Paolo's quickly too. They seem to whine to much and treat each other so bad. We'll see how it turns out.

Bash Away...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Let the bashing begin. MsShel330 09-27-05 1
   RE: Let the bashing begin. zipperhead 09-28-05 4
       RE: Let the bashing begin. okaychatt 09-28-05 32
   RE: Let the bashing begin. nolanbuc 09-28-05 5
   RE: Let the bashing begin. KaysarMolester 10-01-05 37
 Racial discrimination again.... byoffer 09-27-05 2
   RE: Racial discrimination again.... Earl Colby Pottinger 09-27-05 3
       RE: Racial discrimination again.... dabo 09-28-05 6
           Agree AyaK 09-28-05 16
               RE: Agree Rhyn 09-28-05 19
                   RE: Agree Cygnus X1 09-28-05 24
       RE: Racial discrimination again.... cipher5150 09-28-05 25
           RE: Racial discrimination again.... dabo 09-29-05 33
 RE: Let the bashing begin....the Pa... flipxcyd 09-28-05 7
 RE: Let the bashing begin. Seana 09-28-05 8
   What Seana said Breezy 09-28-05 9
   RE: Let the bashing begin. 1derfool 10-01-05 39
 RE: Let the bashing begin. Miscreation 09-28-05 10
   RE: Let the bashing begin. mandysmom 09-28-05 11
       RE: Let the bashing begin. floydboyd98 09-28-05 12
   RE: Let the bashing begin. Lisa0116 09-28-05 13
   Godlewskis Coconut 09-28-05 14
       RE: Godlewskis HistoryDetective 09-28-05 15
   RE: Let the bashing begin. cipher5150 09-28-05 26
 RE: Let the bashing begin. choochoo 09-28-05 17
   RE: Let the bashing begin. bpc1971 09-28-05 18
   RE: Let the bashing begin. Cyndimaus 09-28-05 20
 RE: Let the bashing begin. Pretty_Kitty 09-28-05 21
 RE: Let the bashing begin. Hoobie 09-28-05 22
   RE: Let the bashing begin. Max Headroom 09-28-05 27
 RE: Let the bashing begin. dragonflies 09-28-05 23
 RE: Let the bashing begin. AugustGirl 09-28-05 28
   RE: Let the bashing begin. Pamisue 09-28-05 29
       RE: Let the bashing begin. pumpkinqueen 09-28-05 30
           RE: Let the bashing begin. Cyndimaus 09-29-05 34
       RE: Let the bashing begin. AugustGirl 09-29-05 35
           RE: Let the bashing begin. Silvergirl1 09-30-05 36
               RE: Let the bashing begin. brvnkrz 10-01-05 38
 RE: Let the bashing begin. okaychatt 09-28-05 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-27-05, 11:02 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
I'm already tired of the Paolo's. Mom, you're in a race for 1 million dollars, you don't make toilet and snack stops. Her sons shouldn't be so disrespectful though. I wanted to smack them both.

I like the little Gaghan girl so far. She has more guts than a whole lot of the adult racers on several editions.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-28-05, 00:00 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
I'm with you on both counts. Every time I saw a picture of the Paolo family in the past few weeks, I thought "early exit". Now that I've heard them, I really want them out. The one good thing about them is that one of the boys duly recognized Kevin and Drew.

I was worried that the Gaghan kids would be annoying brats, but they're pretty cool so far....

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-28-05, 08:35 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
<Now that I've heard them, I really want them out

And given the nature of reality tv, who wants to bet against them sticking around for several weeks, just to annoy us?

I think they all deserve each other.

Go.Away!

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

nolanbuc 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-28-05, 00:30 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
>I'm already tired of the Paolo's.
>Mom, you're in a race
>for 1 million dollars, you
>don't make toilet and snack
>stops. Her sons shouldn't be
>so disrespectful though. I wanted
>to smack them both.
>
>I like the little Gaghan girl
>so far. She has more
>guts than a whole lot
>of the adult racers on
>several editions.

You are dead on! My thoughts exactly!

KaysarMolester 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-01-05, 08:25 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
Reality Show Law~~9 times out of 10 the most annoying people win..I expect to see the Paolo's bickering all the way to the bank!

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-27-05, 11:28 PM (EST)
2. "Racial discrimination again...."
How about that family that got eliminated??? Talk about racially motivated. All I heard all night was talk about the black family, and race this, and amazing race that.

Haven't they learned from last season that TAR is an equal rights show??

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-27-05, 11:39 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Racial discrimination again...."
Forget Racial discrimination!

The Black family sounded like a strong team in the previews we have seen before the race. But when it came time to race they really did a poor job.

When crossing the river I expected the two adults to dig into the water and use thier muscles (that is what I do for short trips under windy or high current conditions).

And what about the kid calling for help so he does not get wet? This is the Amazing Race! They will drag you thru the mud later! Just drop and get the water - don't waste time.

And to all teams. CHOOSE ONE MAP READER - THEN LISTEN TO THEM.

Earl colby Pottinger

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 00:42 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Racial discrimination again...."
The Blacks wasted some precious time here and there, I really hated to see them go so soon though, they were really nice people. I felt especially bad for the kids, that had to suck. The sooner the Paolos are out of it, the better, man they really got on my nerves.

SMILES ARE FREE

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
16. "Agree"
The Black family was so nice, it's a shame they're gone.

But the other families make for better TV, unfortunately.

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Agree"
The Black family was so nice, it's a shame they're gone.
But the other families make for better TV, unfortunately.

You make it sound like they got eliminated for being too nice. They really weren't great racers by any stretch of the imagination. Perhaps: They were nice, shame they're gone. But the other families are better racers, sadly.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Agree"
I think you're both saying the same thing. But that's just me.

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-28-05, 01:43 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Racial discrimination again...."
I agree. I really liked the Black family, more than all the other families, and wanted them to do well. But it was clear that they were not playing at the same level of intensity as the other teams. I’ll have to watch the episode again but offhand I would describe their game play as casual. I noticed when they finished building their cabin thingy that they were casually walking when the situation clearly called for some running since they had to know they were at the back of the pack.

And the inclusion of pre-teens and maybe even teens is, I think, a mistake. Too many concessions have been made because of it. I officially am dubbing this season TAR-lite. The best thing about this episode was all the driving and navigating they had to do. That is so much better than the good cabie/bad cabie syndrome we have seen in seasons past.

Did I like them the most or were they just the least irritating????

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 01:34 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Racial discrimination again...."
Agree with the TAR-lite observation. While this series may be an interesting diversion from the norm, so far it isn't what made TAR the hit show it is. It would have been better to save and use Family TAR for summertime filler.

SMILES ARE FREE

flipxcyd 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-28-05, 03:31 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Let the bashing begin....the Paolo's"
UGH! Shame on the mother for making the comment about telling the flag folders to hurry it up. Shame on her sons for being very disrespectful. If I was driving, I'd reach back and smack those kids. Shame on one of the sons for yelling at a New Yorker to hurry it up to cross the street. I'm very disgusted with the Paolo's. I feel sorry for the Dad though. He seems to be ok.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 08:10 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
The Paolos can go. I echo what everyone else said about their disrespect for each other. And they don't work as a team.

I liked the Black family (*snort* @ byoffer) and I do like the Gaghans. They're doing the working well together thing and the kids are cute. She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes.

Also on the yick list are the Schroeders, with the father with the sense of inappropriate humour and the stepmom who thinks that people from the South are stupid and the Rogers, with the father who believes that the man drives. Oh geez.

Dubbed "Gong Show Reject" by zombiebaby 09/14/05

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 08:36 AM (EST)
9. "What Seana said"
I had the Paelo family going first in PTTE and was very mad that they didn't. I can't stand them!

I laughed too when the kids were singing, she'll be coming around the mountain. The kids were great, cheering on their parents. I like them.

Agree about the dad with the awful sense of humor. He needs to be drug through the mud by a broken oxen for awhile.

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
> The Paolos can go. I echo what everyone else said about their
> disrespect for each other.

Put yourself in Phil's place --- would YOU want to tell THEM that they've been eliminated? I do hope they're gone soon too, but for Phil's sake, I hope he's wearing some protective padding at the time.

I've started thinking of them as The Sopranos.
(In this case, the leader is an obnoxious female - 'Antonia' Soprano... sounds about right.)

Miscreation 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-28-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
My likes:

Bransen family. Unfortunately, I don't think the dad has it in him to do well in this race. At least they didn't screech at, or belittle, each other.

Weaver family. They're okay, if they would just leave Jesus out of it. (I really don't think he cares how well they do in a game.)

Black family. Seemed nice enough, but really couldn't compete against all-adult teams. (The kid was afraid to get wet/muddy?!?)

My dislikes:

Godlewski family. I can't stand women who squeal like nine year old girls. Aaaccckkk...my ears hurt! You are adult women...stop screeching!!!

Linz family. I never have liked young, arrogant boys (they are not men, they are boys), and the Linz family fits in nicely here. My brothers know they had better never talk to me like that. How condescending and arrogant!!

Schroeder family. Ugh. Another boy trying to be a man, and going about it all wrong.

Paolo family. What can I say that hasn't already been said? The mom is totally annoying, and is topped in that catagory only by the oldest son. Could he be any more disrespectful? But then, look where he learned it.

Gaghan family. Annoying children (actually any children) shouldn't be allowed in the race.

Aiello family. Not much to say yet, except I don't think the father-in-law will be able to keep up with the boys.

Rogers. How many condescending boys can be in one race?

mandysmom 3 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 09:48 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
Agree with you on the children issue. Those Gaghan kids gotta go, and fast. Snot nose little girl!
MOther pretty damn obnoxious also, with that comment about the fact that she couldnt' imagine any other ofthe families having the experience traveling outside of the country, as they were travelers!
Sorry the Black family was eliminated, but the father was just TOO laid back, looked like he hadn't caught on to the fact that they were racing for a cool million.
Another reason why the kids should have stayed at home-at Amish country building site, the little boy from the Black family slipping into a shallow puddle, filling up bucket for the paddlewhell house. "Daddy, come save me". OK, that's cute, but come on, now. Truly not challenging.
The sisters, Oh, Lord, help me! Please, Phil,. supply muzzles with those women at the next pit stop! I've been up since 5am, and by 10pm, their voices were like fingers down a chalkboard!

floydboyd98 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
Count me in for finding those kids annoying - I like kids, but this isn't the place for them. I for one was ready to slap them when they started singing. I found the tasks rather lacking as well. Though it will be interesting to see how those little kids are going to carry the "wounded" next week. Also, as mentioned on another post, I'm not sure the domestic race is going to be near as good. First though they have to lose the kids then I can focus on other annoying things.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
>Linz family. I never have
>liked young, arrogant boys (they
>are not men, they are
>boys), and the Linz family
>fits in nicely here.
>My brothers know they had
>better never talk to me
>like that. How condescending
>and arrogant!!

I can't remember by name, but weren't they the ones where the guy farted in the amish wagon?? And then one of them threw up?? They were obnoxious!!

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
14. "Godlewskis"
Every time they came onscreen, my husband made turkey gobbling noises. He said if he were the cameraman in that car, he'd be thinking about Thanskgiving with deep pleasure.

Coc au Flange-- Official Dish of the Phoquetard Inquisitorial Squad

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Godlewskis"
*snort*

It's funny because it's true.

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
Paolo family. What can I say that hasn't already been said? The mom is totally annoying, and is topped in that catagory only by the oldest son. Could he be any more disrespectful? But then, look where he learned it.

Agreed! If your children are disrespectful and treat you like crap then you only have yourself and your spouse to blame.

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 11:52 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
Note to racers: STOP YELLING AND SCREAMING!!!!

...if we weren't already deaf, we soon will be with this bunch...

bpc1971 3 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 12:00 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
Also note to racers: GET ON A PLANE AND TRAVEL THE WORLD!...oops, that's right, lets just mull around the States. I'm not sure what I would have given to see one of the 'youngsters' having to chow down on some caviar in Russia...oh well, I can dream can't I?

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 01:20 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
On the subject of the screaming sisters...they were the ones who said that even though they were blond they weren't the sterotypical blondes. Uh...then why all the screaming like junior high girls? Stop screaming and act like the intelligent young ladies you want us to think you are!

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
I kind of liked team Siblings and I enjoyed watching the the little kids I found it amusing to have them go flying by the group of big strong men singing I actually got quite a few chuckles out of last nights show at least in the beggining towards the end I switched over to Nip/Tuck
after 2 hours and not really having a clue as to who everyone was yet I got slighlty bored don't get me wrong I'll keep watching but I didn't get as excited this time around it was too confusing

I really thought the Paolo family would be first to go lets just hope they are next to go!!!!

I felt bad for the Black family but they just didn't seem to have the fight in them that the others did

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 01:30 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
Will someone be hosting "Quotes"? I foresee a bunch of them.

Aside from the "I think Pennsylvania might be a state", I also liked, "Brooklyn Br...maybe BR means 'bridge'".

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 02:13 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
A quotes thresd is up in Fanatics. Check it out!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 01:32 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
OMH. I was just on the TAR website, viewing the videos. There is one called "Different But the Same" that totally epitomized the sibling "talking over each other thing" hilarious.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 05:58 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
If the Paolo family doesn't get booted next week, I am going to have to seriously reconsider watching this year. I cannot stand them. In fact, I couldn't find too much to like about most of the other teams.

The one team I enjoyed, The Blacks, got eliminated.

The only team I think I can stomach rooting for now is the Dad with the three sons-in-law. They weren't as annoying as the rest of the teams. Yet.

Those Gaghan kids are obnoxious. I seriously hate them.

Pamisue 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-28-05, 07:13 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
Oh come on. I don't remember any real big bad behavior problems with the little ones. I do remember alot of bad behavior issues with the adults though. I sure hope the young man who farted on national TV is proud of himself. First impressions stick around a lifetime, I would'nt want that to be one of mine. All in all the kids were much better behaved than I thought they would be. I still would much rather watch 2 people teams.

pumpkinqueen 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-28-05, 07:32 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
"I sure hope the young man who farted on national TV is proud of himself."

he doesn't seem very bright--or he thinks he's really funny--i am referring to some of his comments along the way, then when Phil told them that they were team #9 he didn't seem to understand what that meant (it was funny though), and then there's the whole farting thing--didn't he throw up as well?

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
We musn't forget that it was the sister who drew attention to it in the first place. We didn't hear it and we wouldn't have known it happened if not for her reaction. Typical sibling thing! Hey, she got to embarass her brother on tv! (how many of us wish we'd had that opportunity...)

sig courtesy of Cygnus

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 07:07 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
Who said I was talking about behaviour problems with the Gaghan kids? My opinion is they are as obnoxious as their parents, and maybe more so. I hate them. And since this *is* the Bashers forum then I'll say it again ....

Those Gaghan kids are obnoxious. I seriously hate them.

a GothMog original

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-05, 04:15 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Let the bashing begin."

I agree. Those kids are pretty full of themselves. I don't think they are as strong as they think they are, and the kids will prove to be a liability during some of the tasks.

Carissa: "I'm not schtupid."

I also dislike the ladies in pink (I call them the Pink Ladies), because of all their mindless screaming.

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

Swim with me

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
I agree with you on those screaming ladies. Everything they do makes them scream. We commented on that through the whole show. Not so sure that I like this season.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-28-05, 08:32 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Let the bashing begin."
<I'm hoping we don't have to listen to the Gaghan's for too long

Am I completely loony, or does anyone else think their last name was a factor in casting?

I mean, think of the possibilities on Bashers.............

"Gag me."

Gag n' Whine

"Oh geez - another Gag reflex this week."

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •