The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final 5 cutdown."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-16-07, 08:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final 5 cutdown."
Worst show cross-promotion I've ever seen, combined with the best Christ-killing joke I've ever heard.

And overall -- it's still a 'feh'. We need the house back.

Did I step out of the room at the wrong moment, or did they never show the fourth substitute?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final 5 cutdown. Loree 08-16-07 1
 RE: Final 5 cutdown. newsomewayne 08-16-07 2
 RE: Final 5 cutdown. susang 08-16-07 3
   RE: Final 5 cutdown. Loree 08-16-07 4
       RE: Final 5 cutdown. newsomewayne 08-16-07 5
 RE: Final 5 cutdown. Fishercat 08-19-07 6
 RE: Final 5 cutdown. mattben 08-22-07 7
 RE: Final 5 cutdown. Estee 08-22-07 8
   RE: Final 5 cutdown. newsomewayne 08-24-07 9
 RE: Final 5 cutdown. Loree 08-24-07 10
   RE: Final 5 cutdown. Loree 08-30-07 11
       RE: Final 5 cutdown. Estee 08-30-07 12
           RE: Final 5 cutdown. Loree 08-30-07 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final 5 cutdown."
2 Deal or No Deal gals
1 Transvestite
1 Nun
1 Clown
= 5
??? who was the other substitute?

I think we didn't see most of that challenge because they were manipulating it to get the one female into the final 5. So they hid alot and she was going to win no matter who was the funniest.

I knew early on that Doug Benson was going to be in the head to head. They showed alot of him during the episode. And I didn't really care who made it through of the 3.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final 5 cutdown."
I never saw the fourth substitute, either. I'm guessing those bits sucked worse than the transvestite segments did.

I did notice in the opening credits that Jay Mohr has a consultant credit. I wonder what that means.

I wish they would give immunities for winning a head to head to head. That way, we could get to see more material from more comedians. As it stands, Gerry Dee has done nothing to get to the finals. Lavell, John, and Amy have won one immunity challenge each, and Ralph has won two head to head to heads. So far, he's the only one to earn his way in.

Tributes to Wayne by Agman, 2007.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-16-07, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final 5 cutdown."
This may sound nitpicky, but I wish the confession booth had been kept indoors. And that viewers could see more of what goes on inside the booth.

I miss the house, and the interactions of the comics while in the house.

08-16-07, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final 5 cutdown."
Without the house/ship part we really have no idea why any of them are voting the way they vote. When we saw their interaction we often understood if it was gameplay or a real dislike. Now I know nothing about any of them.

08-16-07, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final 5 cutdown."
Maybe I'm guessing, but if seems that they've sacrificed 'interaction time' to show more of the head to head sets. Plus the fact that there are three sets to show, it reduces available time for what happens between competitions. I do not think this enhances the show.

Tributes to Wayne by Agman, 2007.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-19-07, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Final 5 cutdown."
Well, handicapping the finals, this is how I see it going down.

5th: Gerry Dee. This is really the first time where his comedic element (the 5+ minute performance) comes into play, and obviously his competitors knew that he was a much stronger long performer than short performer. With that said, he was the only one to not have a strong performance on the show once it reached the Final 10. Ralph had his second head to head. Amy had a couple good immunity challenges. Lavell had his immunities. Jon Reep had his jester challenge. Gerry's going in with a big disadvantage in that he didn't do anything. I still think he has a shot to make it farther, but still...

4th: Ralph Harris. Ralph has the opposite problem from Gerry. He had to pull out the big stops when facing Mat and Doug, and he couldn't take Gina/Dante lightly either. The audience has seen him and usually comedy isn't funny every time from the same person. If he pulls out his old man impersonation, he could be trouble.

3rd: Amy Schumer. Who knows. She has the same general routine most of the time (I was ugly, now I'm pretty, look how pretty I am, I'm a girl in comedy), but she really does appeal to a good market for voting and she can be legitimately funny, especially for a comic without a LOT of experience. I have no idea where she ends up, but I'll place her higher than Roz last year.

2nd: Jon Reep. I don't find him that funny (I only really like Gerry and Lavell among the remaining), but he hits a lot of that "Redneck" type of comedy and his physical ability may get him a long way. He seems to appeal to a wide range and has been strong in the show.

1st: Lavell Crawford. It's his show to blow now. The fat jokes are still funny, his delivery is great, and he has all the tools to do it. He'll need a really bad set to throw him off and he's a lot like Josh Blue from last year: he has one really defining characteristic and he'll make humor out of it. And that is enough to win.

As for the Final 5 show, I can't be that upset. Too hard to judge the immunity since we saw almost none of what happened. It was skewed for Amy to win (only girl in group + girl audience = easier relatability). Gerry would have had a shot if all the DOND Models stayed in, but that doesn't reflect well on him.

For the Head To Head, Ralph actually did a performance that I liked. I didn't like him more than Doug or Mat, but enough to not be upset when he won. Still, if I could have Doug or Mat in his place, I would.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-22-07, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Final 5 cutdown."
I had to switch tonight's final 5 off for some Indian Temple building show on Discovery Times.

The comics aren't all that funny.

08-22-07, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final 5 cutdown."
This is how boring it's been tonight:

1. The 'we're only going from five to four this week' idea seems like the worst thing since getting rid of the house.

2. I've spent most of the episode wondering if that was Jeff Probst in the audience during John Reep's set.

08-24-07, 09:47 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Final 5 cutdown."
I rather liked the idea of going down one at a time with the final five. This way, we get to hear more each week from the remaining contestants and can see how much material and how much range they have. It also gives the viewing audience a chance to judge contestants on a long-term basis, much like American Idol.

As far as Thursday night's performances go, I think only Amy and Gerry deserve to be locks to move on. The other three are two close to call. None were terribly funny to me. Lavell's set seemed staggered and broken; he spent too much time on joke set-up and didn't do a very good job with that. Ralph's bit about family members seemed, I don't know, worn. Like I've seen it before many times over, probably because I have. John Reep's set wasn't great, but it did seem to flow better than the other two.

Summary: Lavell hasn't done much since the semi's, but he created a following in that that could help him here. Ralph seemed to lose some steam from his two head-to-heads, but has some credit with the voters for surviving the two h2h's, which is 2 more than anyone else in the competition. In a season where John Reep hasn't done much, he needed to showcase his talents here, but he didn't.

Prediction: John Reep is going home.

Courtesy of Agman's Beachhouse and Sigshop, 2007

08-24-07, 03:00 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Final 5 cutdown."
I enjoyed Gerry the most.

Amy was probably my second fave.

John barely beat out the bottom 2.

I did not even crack a smile during Lavall or Ralph's.

I hope this means they are saving their best material for later. Because none of them were that funny.

08-30-07, 09:55 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Final 5 cutdown."
OK I am answering myself.

But I was content with Ralph going home. I found him one of the least funny last week.

08-30-07, 11:01 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Final 5 cutdown."
How did you feel about the way Bellamy was doing the cutdown announcements? On top of turning into the Chenbot -- 'but first...' -- he was just about overloading the emotional swing meters for the contestants. 'You're safe. Now try to channel that sudden relief into your performance. The rest of you just get to stress out for a few more minutes' Announce one person, let them perform, announce one person, let them perform... I found it so incredibly annoying that I watched up until Lavell was declared safe, then turned off the set just so I wouldn't have to deal with two more faux drama drum rolls.

Yes, NBC: that sound you heard was another 'click'.

08-30-07, 11:48 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Final 5 cutdown."
I didn't watch it live. So I FF to the end before I watched so I knew who was going home. Then I went back and watched the show. I think it would have really annoyed me if I had been watching it in real time.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •