The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"last comic standing "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

akiss4u2have 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-07-06, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail akiss4u2have Click to send private message to akiss4u2have Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"last comic standing "
I agree Josh is funny but is he funny enough for the standing ovation he rec'd? The down side is if he does make it all the way is it because he's was funny or because he got the sympathy vote for being handicapped! I give him a lot of credit for getting up there and think he's great but remember your voting for comedy not sympathy!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: last comic standing geg6 06-07-06 1
   RE: last comic standing theking0075 06-07-06 2
 RE: last comic standing straddlebug 06-07-06 3
   RE: last comic standing akiss4u2have 06-09-06 5
 RE: last comic standing bystander 06-07-06 4
   RE: last comic standing stanperry 06-09-06 6
   RE: last comic standing PagongRatEater 06-12-06 7
       RE: last comic standing lclapp 06-14-06 8
 RE: last comic standing ur2funee 06-15-06 9
   RE: last comic standing lclapp 06-15-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-07-06, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: last comic standing "
Josh is funny enough. But I thought there were lots of funny people who got in. All as deserving as Josh (and I don't think any of them are funny enough yet to deserve a standing O).

However, IMHO, he only got the standing O because of his disability. And I foresee this to be a problem going ahead in the competition. He may get further than he deserves simply because no one wants to be labeled the person who picks on the disabled guy.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-07-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: last comic standing "
However, IMHO, he only got the standing O because of his disability. And I foresee this to be a problem going ahead in the competition. He may get further than he deserves simply because no one wants to be labeled the person who picks on the disabled guy.

Yea, I know what you mean. That's exactly what happened season 1 when Dat Phan won.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

straddlebug 2 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-06, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail straddlebug Click to send private message to straddlebug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: last comic standing "
I agree Josh is funny but is he funny enough for the standing ovation he rec'd? Are you kidding? How can you ask this type of question? Josh got a standing ovation because he was funnier than anyone else on stage. Sure he made fun of his handicap. It is what he knows. Just like any other comic.

Josh should get a free pass because he is way funny! I do not see how anyone else will beat him.

akiss4u2have 9 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-06, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail akiss4u2have Click to send private message to akiss4u2have Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: last comic standing "
come on! Josh got the standing oavation because he's handicapped! I agree he's funny thought he was great in the premier as well as the semi-finals. But who couldn't have guessed he was going to be the audiance choice! and if they continue with some type of view immunity voting he's not going to get it e v e r y week! I'm glad he's on the show he does deserve to be there he'll give the show the drama they're looking for. Can't wait to see when they start the challenges to see what kind of speical treatment he gets!

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-07-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: last comic standing "
I disagree, I think he was one of the funnier guys there. Some of the others in the house I fear were picked for the drama, not because they are funny.

stanperry 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-06, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stanperry Click to send private message to stanperry Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: last comic standing "
I'm with you bystander. I saw Josh in Boise and he was hilarious. I wasn't sure how I'd like seeing a comic with a disability, mainly because I didn't want to hear 8,000 of the same jokes. But he did a lot of material that had nothing to do with that. I'm all for him winning. he deserves to be there.

Go Josh!

Stan

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-12-06, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: last comic standing "
I agree. His bit may get old after awhile (right Ant?), but for the time being he was definitely the funniest guy on the stage last week.

I think geg has a great point that his handicap could end up skewing the competition down the road, but right now he is getting by on his laugh-quotient alone.

But, the four of us had a great time.

lclapp 2 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-06, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lclapp Click to send private message to lclapp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: last comic standing "
I would have to disagree with everyone who says josh is using his disability for people to feel bad about him...He is definately funny. If u read the article about him on the main page of this website it says off camera he doesn't really talk like that or doesn't have the hand gestures... I hope he wins!

ur2funee 3 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-06, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ur2funee Click to send private message to ur2funee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: last comic standing "
People in this world never stop amazing me! Josh is only in this because he likes to make people laugh...would you feel the same if he was as funny but didnt have cerebral palsy? handicap or not doesn't have anything to do with it. Hollywood is very hard to break into and if they didn't like him he wouldn't have gotten in by gary,kathy and the other guy.I can relate to his handicap and I know where he's coming from.Making fun of yourself makes you a self confident,but people don't take it like that.You don't have good balance,no strength on that side, read up on Cereral Palsy,educate yourself,put yourself in his shoes you might die laughing.

lclapp 2 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-06, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lclapp Click to send private message to lclapp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: last comic standing "
Kuddos! Josh is halarious cerebal palsy or not. I am hoping he wins!! he deserves it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •