The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sue 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-07-04, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sue Click to send private message to Sue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-04 AT 09:08 PM (EST)

From The Last Comic Standing message board,

I have just received word that THERE IS GOING TO BE A HALF HOUR FINALE FOR SEASON THREE. As of right now, it is scheduled to air on Tuesday night. I do NOT know what time, yet. I will let you all know as soon as I find out.

I would also like to say, that we, on Last Comic Standing, thank you all very much for the support that you have shown. We appreciate you all writing in to NBC and letting them know how much you love this show. I know that it means a lot to the comedians, the crew, and everyone else involved that you have voiced your support to NBC.

Thank you once again.

http://boards.nbc.com/bb//showflat.php?Cat=&Board=LastComicStanding3&Number=115003&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all

Our emails did it.

From RNO,
http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article0596.art&page=1

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!! PagongRatEater 10-07-04 1
   Yup, NBC screwed up. newsomewayne 10-08-04 2
       apparently Oscirus 10-08-04 3
           or SilverStar 10-08-04 5
               RE: or newsomewayne 10-11-04 12
               RE: or SurvivorBlows 10-11-04 14
                   Okay, Okay!!! newsomewayne 10-12-04 19
 RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!! Sue 10-08-04 4
 I hope I wasn't prematurely optimis... Sue 10-08-04 6
 RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!!... Kirra 10-08-04 7
   RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!!... Sue 10-08-04 8
       Lastest I've seen -- more confusion... Sue 10-09-04 9
           1 hour finale -- likely on Comedy C... Sue 10-09-04 11
       RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!!... Kirra 10-09-04 10
           RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!!... grit 10-11-04 13
               RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!!... LeftPinky 10-11-04 15
                   RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!!... Kirra 10-11-04 16
                       Hour Finale on Saturday On Comedy C... Sue 10-11-04 17
                       Half Hour Finale on Saturday On Com... Sue 10-12-04 18
                       Half Hour Finale on Saturday On Com... Sue 10-12-04 20
                           RE: Half Hour Finale on Saturday On... tvhead 10-12-04 21
                               RE: Half Hour Finale on Saturday On... Sue 10-12-04 22
                                   RE: Half Hour Finale on Saturday On... Kirra 10-12-04 23
                                       RE: Half Hour Finale on Saturday On... Sue 10-12-04 24
                                           RE: Half Hour Finale on Saturday On... Kirra 10-12-04 25
 EMAIL to NBC InfiTom 10-23-04 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-07-04, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!!"
Thanks for the update Sue! Still sucks how they have totally screwed up this very great show this season, but at least we get to find out what happened.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Yup, NBC screwed up."
This was definately a good show for them prior to the season 3 mangled mess the forced together. I'm wondering, how much success outside of LCS has NBC had in reality television. I can't think of any. So why would they take their one shot at success in this market and completely flub it up as they have?

Perhaps this 1/2 hour airing is an admittance of the mistakes they have made with the show.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-08-04, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "apparently"
you haven't heard of the apprentice

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "or"
a little gem called Average Joe!

Handcrafted by RollDdice
On the scales of desire, your absence weighs more than someone else's presence.
"Food&Pants" With a name like that, how can you go wrong?--Bacon

10-11-04, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: or"
I forgot about the apprentice being on nbc. average joe, however, does not count because it is stooooooooopid. (in my unhumble opinion)

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-04, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: or"
Or Fear Factor... or For Love Or Money (which was popular enough to have 4 editions filmed)

The bottom line is that even the most-watched episode of LCS has never drawn as many viewers as some of NBC's broadcasts of The Apprentice, Fear Factor, Average Joe, FLOM, or even Who Wants To Marry My Dad.

LCS was a nice little show (before LCS3 that is), but let's not make it out to be more than it was -- even Meet My Folks drew better ratings at its peak than LCS ever did

10-12-04, 08:47 AM (EST)
19. "Okay, Okay!!!"
So my short-term memory is a little off and I have attention span...hey look! A snail. Hello little snail!

So, anyway, peanut butter and honey is my favorite sandwich. Wait, what was the topic again?

10-08-04, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sue Click to send private message to Sue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!!"
I have sent another email to NBC.

By now, they should be able to give us more definite information.

10-08-04, 05:22 PM (EST)
6. "I hope I wasn't prematurely optimistic."
The only relevant change to the NBC site I have seen this morning is to remove the post shown in the first link.

That doesn't look like good news.

The words on the LCS3 homepage of "Next Tuesday Last Comic Standing Winner Announced!" are ambiguous. This could be as simple as a Press Release or an update on the website.

If they're going to be so insensitive nearly a full workday after they got my hopes up, my only choice is not to watch the NBC News, Dateline or their version of the debates tonight until I get a resolution one way or the other. I have choices on what I watch in some areas. Unfortunately, I'm not in a Nielsen family.

I have also lost the desire to watch Father of the Pride, which I had on my marginal watch list. I now have zero interest in even checking out The Biggest Loser. However, that program seems like it would be better as Dateline segments than as a reality show.

Unfortunately, I fail to understand NBC's decision-making process. It's gotten about as well thought out as the Donald's decisions on whom to fire or transfer this year.

What are they thinking?

If NBC releases a quick and definitive statement, I'll reconsider some of the decisions. I'll restart watching their news and debates as soon as they make an announcement either way.

Kirra 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-08-04, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kirra Click to send private message to Kirra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!! On Comedy Central? "
>THERE IS GOING TO BE A HALF HOUR FINALE FOR
>SEASON THREE on Tuesday night.

Well, NBC is at it again!

Rumor has it....NBC will only air the finale on
Comedy Central.............

What a Crock of ^*&^&^~!!!!

What a slap in tha face to all involved.

We had better sharpen our pens again!

10-08-04, 09:48 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!! On Comedy Central? "
The Last Comic Standing Website now says

Watch the Father of the Pride Marathon next Tuesday to find out who is the Last Comic Standing!

I'm sorry I was too optimistic. I trusted the Moderator of the LCS Message Board and the information that was given to RNO.

Comedy Central has Episode 308 scheduled for 10/16 at 8 PM and and 10/17 at 11 AM for what it's worth and they seem to be 60 minutes long. Of course, they also have a completely mythical episode 309 scheduled for 10/23 at 8PM and 10/24 at 1PM.

10-09-04, 00:01 AM (EST)
9. "Lastest I've seen -- more confusion -- what a mess"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-04 AT 00:05 AM (EST)

The Last Comic Standing website states the results will be announced during the Father of the Pride marathon.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Last_Comic_Standing_3/

Jay Mohr thinks there will be a finale on Comedy Central.

"FROM JAY...
Quick update...

It looks like we WILL be airing a finale of Last Comic Standing 3 on Comedy Central!

Watch this site for more information... I will pass on the details as soon as I can!"

http://www.jaymohr.com/

"NBC "un-cancels" 'Last Comic Standing 3' finale, but broadcast plans remain unclear

After announcing the cancellation of the finale of NBC's Last Comic Standing 3 via its Internet site yesterday, NBC executives changed their minds today and decided to film a finale for Last Comic Standing 3 after all. But when and where the finale will air remain to be determined, as NBC seems unable to decide what to do next."

I didn't want to copy the whole article, but it implies the finale might air on Bravo. There are several links in the article.

One theory is that the Father of the Pride marathon is payback to Katzenberg for the delay of The Contender.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2966

Oh well, this brings the number to 3 NBC series I won't watch any more:
1)Father of the Pride, which was close to my cancellation list
2)The Biggest Loser, which I would have watched at least 2 shows
3)The Contender, which I would have sampled out of respect to Burnett.

It's bad enough when we have billionaires like Cuban and Trump making arbitrary decisions on television and turning viewers off. Now we have a network doing the same things.

By the way, there's an interesting article from MSNBC, of all places on the above paragraph, "When good reality shows go bad:
Will viewers stick around if deserving players don’t?"

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6203251/

10-09-04, 02:43 AM (EST)
11. "1 hour finale -- likely on Comedy Central"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-04 AT 02:46 AM (EST)

From a post on The LCS Message Board, a person with tickets has been told to appear for the taping of the finale at 2PM on 10/12. I won't give you a url because NBC has purged the board so much in the last 48 hours. By the way, I find that interesting because the rules on the board say that each post must be approved by a moderator before it's posted.

According to RNO, courtesy of Jay Mohr, there will be a 1-hour finale, but people aren't quite sure when.
It is postulated that it will be on Comedy Central at about the same time as the announcement on the Father of the Pride marathon. Comedy Central doesn't yet show a Tuesday finale on their schedule.

RNO said someone cancelled the idea of having Anna Nicole Smith hand out the check. That would have been way too much.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article0159.art&page=1

Well at least we know who the funniest person in America is not -- the NBC executive making these scheduling decisions.

Oh well, at least CBS, ABC, Fox, UPN and WB are laughing. NBC is no longer must see TV.

From what I understand, our Canadian friends may be out of luck. At least some of them don't get Comedy Central.

10-09-04, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kirra Click to send private message to Kirra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!! On Comedy Central? "
This was taken from Jay mohrs site:

Quick update...

It looks like we WILL be airing a finale of Last Comic Standing 3 on Comedy Central!

Watch this site for more information... I will pass on the details as soon as I can!

Jay

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-11-04, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!! On Comedy Central? "
Oh, great. That's how NBC repays my steadfast dedication to this cr@ppy show. I have the most basic cable package known to mankind and I don't get Comedy Central, so I guess I'll never get to see the finale. Thanks alot, NBC. Oh, yeah, and I have to sit through 3 lousy episodes of Father Of The Pride to find out who won LCS3? No thanks!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-11-04, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!! On Comedy Central? "
I'm with you grit. I won't watch Father of the Pride - or any other NBC show. I don't get Comedy Central as I don't get cable. I guess I'll stick with CBS - except for the news!
PhoenixMons Masterpiece

10-11-04, 06:29 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Half Hour Finale on Tuesday!!!! On Comedy Central? "
Well, I have word that there will be a taping tomorrow of the finale however,I don't know how long the finale will be, when it will be aired or by which network.
AMAZING!

10-11-04, 07:52 PM (EST)
17. "Hour Finale on Saturday On Comedy Central? "
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-04 AT 07:59 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-11-04 AT 07:52 PM (EST)

This is the latest thing I've read. Comedy Central shows the episode as an hour long. I'm not sure how much credence to put in that since they still have a phantom episode for the following Saturday.

"Find out who wins $250,000 in cash in the season finale of “Last Comic Standing” exclusively airing on COMEDY CENTRAL. The finale will debut this Saturday, October 16 at 8:00 p.m." Rerun Sunday at 11am.

http://www.tvbarn.com/ticker2004/archives/027590.shtml

I have no other confirmation.

10-12-04, 00:17 AM (EST)
18. "Half Hour Finale on Saturday On Comedy Central? "
RNO indicates that the latest word is that the finale will be a half hour long on exclusively on Comedy Central at 8PM EDT. However Comedy Central hasn't yet updated its site. That might mean that there won't be an announcement of the winner on Father of the Pride,

The finale will be filmed Tuesday at 2.

RNO stated that Jay Mohr announced the winner on a radio show, Good Morning, Arizona on 10/8. NBC is not happy. That may be one reason they dropped plans for a half hour program on NBC, itself.

The links below contain no spoilers:

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article4846.art&page=1

http://celebrityjustice.warnerbros.com/news/0410/08b.html

10-12-04, 02:06 PM (EST)
20. "Half Hour Finale on Saturday On Comedy Central "
Comedy Central has finally cleaned up their schedule.

Saturday, 8pm ET half hour finale followed by rerun of Rich Vos on Comedy Central Presents

Sunday, 11am ET rerun of half hour finale followed by MADTV rerun

Recent related links

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2970

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/556/556248p1.html?fromint=1

tvhead 230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-12-04, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvhead Click to send private message to tvhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Half Hour Finale on Saturday On Comedy Central "
when will they air last viewer watching ???

10-12-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Half Hour Finale on Saturday On Comedy Central "
LOL, these changes are the elimination rounds.

10-12-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Half Hour Finale on Saturday On Comedy Central "
Sue has all the news that's fit to print!
I'm on the look out for your next broadcast.

Ps. On my way to the taping now

10-12-04, 05:02 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Half Hour Finale on Saturday On Comedy Central "
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-04 AT 06:35 PM (EST)

Kirra, enjoy the finale. If they ever run it, please share your thoughts afterwards. If they don't run the finale somewhere before the end of October, think about spoiling it for us.

PS, I'm really sure all this news wasn't fit to print.

Edited to add some links. No new information here, but there are some opinions. I'll be fascinated to see how this all plays out over the next week or two, but I think I'll wait a while for the results of NBC vs Last Comic Standing viewers. I'll look at the Nielsens and any industry reaction. I'm also curious whether Jay gets sued.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article4848.art&page=1

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|91183|1|,00.html

http://www.realitytvcalendar.com/news/stories/rl-lcs-10-12-04.html

10-12-04, 10:47 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Half Hour Finale on Saturday On Comedy Central "
Okay, I'm back from the show...........
I won't spoil what has already been spoiled.

I will say that the airing will be 1/2 hour not an hour and that the last four comics gave a final 2 minutes before the winner was annouced.

Jay, joked with the audience that he wasn't sure when the show will be seen and/or on which network. However,I see from all the articles Sue has provided the concensus appears to be that it will air on Comedy Central on Saturday.

All in all it was nice to see the guys one more time and to watch the winner get his day in the light. Unfortunately, no confetti or streamers dropped from the ceiling. I missed that part!

Someone here on the board questioned whether the network had to pay the prize money since the show was cancelled. From the talk at the show it sounds like the sponser, Rolaids, will still sponsor the prize.

That's the news from here.

(Now I have to find a another show to get hooked on.) When are the Sopranos coming back?

InfiTom 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-04, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail InfiTom Click to send private message to InfiTom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "EMAIL to NBC"
THEY JUST DON'T GET IT--HERE IS A MAIL MESSAGE I SENT TO NBC:
===========================================================

I am so SICK of having you replace shows at the last minute with others, and PERPLEXED as to what possible gain you would have.

LAST COMIC STANDING is the last straw. To pull it down during the last episode and air FATHER OF THE PRIDE was not only frustrating but disappointing. To cancel it before the last episode showed not only a lack of commitment to finish what you started, but a lack of class—those young comic’s career’s were wound up around the results of this contest—and you did your best to step on them, and their loyal viewers that would tune into the TONIGHT SHOW and the TODAY SHOW to watch them perform. You could have parlayed this into better ratings on your sister programs.

But no—you look to the short term and pulled the plug.

And it wasn’t even sweeps week. . .

(I find the final episode aired on Comedy Central after searching the internet—AARRGGHH!)

What possible gain can you expect from viewers tuning in to watch their favorite show, to see another—your ratings will not improve for that evening over the other show—let’s face it: the die hard viewers of the new show probably don’t know it is there, and the new viewers get mad, and usually flip the channel.

Numerous times over the past season, I tune in to watch THE WEST WING, only to find reruns LAW AND ORDER. One week, you advertised at the end of the previous week’s episode that you would air a new episode, then at the last minute changed it.

When you do it week after week (ala WEST WING/LAW AND ORDER) you aren’t going to get viewers to see the new show for the 1st time—they’ve had a chance to flip and didn’t.

Besides, you aren’t even replacing them with new “pilots” or start-up programs, hoping to lure them over to a new program—you’re replacing them with your other “big” shows.

And the business with “SUPERSIZED SHOWS”. . . when you TIVO, you miss parts of the show, or tune in late for your favorite episode on NBC—STOP IT! ! !

--------------------------------------

Don’t you talk to your viewers? I know you do market research, don’t you ask them how much these practices drive viewers away? I KNOW when 24 is on. I KNOW when BOSTON LEGAL is on—I can plan my schedules around it, and am loyal

The only complement I can give you is repeat airing your programs—sometimes I cannot TIVO something because of a conflict, or it gets missed. Many of my friends watch the program on the 2nd viewing, knowing about the conflict. This may drive down your viewership numbers in prime time, but you get better numbers in the repeat time frame. I think your decision to cancel LAST COMIC STANDING was based on these skewed numbers. You need to take this into account.

I look forward to any response you may formulate—however I urge you to start talking to your viewers to determine why your numbers are slipping—it isn’t the quality of the programs—it is your weird last minute scheduling changes driving us away.

And I LOVE many of your programs: THE WEST WING, ER, LAST COMIT STANDING,

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •