The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"what's up with Ralphie?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

movieqn 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-22-04, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail movieqn Click to send private message to movieqn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"what's up with Ralphie?"
What is the deal with Ralphie May? I didn't see season one when it was on last year, but has he always knocked over the microphone when he was done with a set? Is that a trademark thing of his? I found it to be just stupid, not funny or cool at all. Just my opinion.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: what's up with Ralphie? Godd3ss 09-22-04 1
   RE: what's up with Ralphie? Loree 09-22-04 4
 RE: what's up with Ralphie? PagongRatEater 09-22-04 2
 RE: what's up with Ralphie? tvjunkie 09-22-04 3
 RE: what's up with Ralphie? steppingrazor42 09-22-04 5
   RE: what's up with Ralphie? LeftPinky 09-22-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Godd3ss 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-22-04, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Godd3ss Click to send private message to Godd3ss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: what's up with Ralphie?"
Jay Mohr seemed somewhat taken aback, so I dont think that it is normal. I didnt watch Season One either. I wasnt impressed by his set and didnt think it was funny. I think he was trying way to hard to be politically incorrect. It is possible to be funny without degrading other races, religions, etc... I heard him on the radio one day and he had one funny bit, but other than that he has that voice that just grates on your nerves and he always seems to be out of breathe and talking a mile a minute. I would not be sad to see him go this week.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: what's up with Ralphie?"
I didn't watch Season one. But I don't fine Ralphie or Dat Phan funny. That must have been a boring season.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-04, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: what's up with Ralphie?"
I've never seen him do it before although I didn't watch season 1 religiously. I'm not sure what he was going for last night - angry white guy who wants to be black? - but it was his worst performance ever. And this is coming from a guy who:

1) Hates PC
2) Enjoys jokes that push the envelope
3) Likes Ralphie, a lot

There was almost nothing in his act last night that was funny.

tvjunkie 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-22-04, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvjunkie Click to send private message to tvjunkie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: what's up with Ralphie?"
My husband and I watched last night. During Season 1 Ralphie would drop the microphone on the stage and walk off when he finished his set. Anyway, he was on a local morning radio show recently. He said that he was asked to not drop the microphone anymore because each time he did so, they were damaged. So, I guess he decided to knock the entire microphone stand down in protest. (Insert eyeroll here).

I normally like Ralphie. But I think he could have performed better last evening.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-22-04, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: what's up with Ralphie?"
I had forgotten he did that. He seemed to want to cram as much into 2.5 minutes as he could in case he was booted next, did anyone else hear him say something like that when they were choosing who was going to perform? He has some funny stuff but definitely has that cheese-grater-on-the-shin effect on some people. The sad thing is, he and dat were 2 of the funniest in season 1.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-22-04, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: what's up with Ralphie?"
I thought Ralphie WAS funny in Season 1. He's not showed any of that this season, he's just an angry person. Dat, however, was never funny, but Dave Mordal should have won season 1.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •