The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

vixie 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-30-04, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
Feel free to bash me, but WTF??? Rich Voss, again? That guy has never so much gotten a chuckle out of me. He's only in there because he and Jay are buds, right? And that whole Godfather thing last season made me and my Italian friends extremely sick. And that weird chick from last season with the faces? OMGosh she creeps me out! I'm surprised John Heffron was in there with this bunch, but Boden made me belly laugh once again.
Please don't make us suffer with those other dip$h!ts again in the head to heads!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... motormouth 08-31-04 1
 RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... truthrules50 08-31-04 2
 RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... zazzy 08-31-04 3
 RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... vixie 08-31-04 4
 RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... missygirl3 08-31-04 5
   RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... jenlee012976 09-02-04 18
       RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... jenlee012976 09-02-04 19
 RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... hunterjax 08-31-04 6
   RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... shaw86 08-31-04 7
       RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... bdemoney 08-31-04 8
           RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... suzybeezy 08-31-04 9
           RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... vixie 08-31-04 10
           RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... HistoryDetective 09-01-04 16
 RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... Kellar 08-31-04 11
   RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... vixie 08-31-04 15
       RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... Kellar 09-01-04 17
 RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... LeftPinky 08-31-04 12
 RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... Jonner_311 08-31-04 13
   RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... vixie 08-31-04 14
 RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... Loree 09-02-04 20
   RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... vixie 09-02-04 21
       RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... arkiegrl 09-02-04 22
           RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... vixie 09-06-04 23
   RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... zazzy 09-08-04 24
       RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in t... vixie 09-09-04 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-31-04, 04:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
**Bash**

Seriously, I don't care for him either.

*Hey, you said feel free...*

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

truthrules50 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-31-04, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail truthrules50 Click to send private message to truthrules50 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
Gotta disagree....I had never seen him before (didn't watch last year) but boy, I thought he was hysterical.

Again - comedy is so much a personal taste...

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-31-04, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
I generally don't like Voss's humor--it seems a bit on the desparate side. Last night, however, he was better than Todd Glass, who is also on the desparate side.

I wished we could have chosen a top 5 instead of having to chose between pairings. I wanted both Tammy and John H but could do without Rich and Todd.

Anyone think the whole pairings is a set up by NBC and they already have their top 5 picked to go?

08-31-04, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
Yes, I totally agree that comedy is a personal taste, and what tickles me won't necessarily tickle you. Besides, I have a particularly twisted sense of humor sometimes. But I completely agree that Todd was way off last night. Actually, as feeble as poor Ralphie was, not his fault, I found him funnier than several of the comics, and I'm not ususally a fan. I really thought the first season crowd was bitter and tired (with the exception of Ralphie, who I think did as best he could). And Todd & psycho woman...who scares me, didn't do much for me on the second season. Oh well, again comedy is subjective and relative to each of us.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
Vixie, I agree 100%. I could not stand RV last season either and all that "Don" crap irritated me too( I am not Italian), but still. I think they should tank this "battle of the seasons" BS and start all over and actually get some funny ppl.( unlike Dat, Tess, Rich,Jessica, Ant,Tammy...............)

jenlee012976 42 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jenlee012976 Click to send private message to jenlee012976 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
Missy,
I agree with you on getting a whole new bunch, are these the only comics around? What about those that Drew and what's her name (that's never been funny to me) had such a fit over because they weren't picked? Let's give them a shot. Of course I think the network and Jay has it set the way they want it but they are loosing ground with me, I'm getting bored with it and finding myself channel surfing during commericals for another reality show since I'm "reality" addicted. I love to people watch but not particularly with this one anymore. Really disappointed it's not a new group!

jenlee012976 42 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jenlee012976 Click to send private message to jenlee012976 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
Oh yes, Missy, I forgot my other view point that is different with yours. Rich Voss is the only one that made me laugh except for Tess last season and I like him this year. Just different taste and different moods at the time they are performing but that's what I love about comedy and our healthy discussions. Have a great day tomorrow.

hunterjax 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-31-04, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunterjax Click to send private message to hunterjax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
I think Rich Voss is totally uncomfortable in front of the camera which, in turn, makes me uncomfortable with his act. I think his material is mildly amusing but his timing in delivery is choppy. I've never seen him live but I bet he's better than what we see of him on LCS.

I regard him much as I do Jay London whose act also makes me anxious instead of amused.

shaw86 35 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shaw86 Click to send private message to shaw86 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-04 AT 01:50 PM (EST)

i came into the night with high expectations that everyone that performed would be great but only vos made me laugh everyone was second rate. even mordal and hefferon didnt make me laugh and i like them more than the others.

maybe no one was funny because of the time limit?

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-04, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
Vixie, I love ya and normally agree with your point of view, but in this case I've gotta say.....I'd take 10 Rich Voss's over one Dat Phan. That guy is just NOT funny. How the heck he ever won the first season with the same old routine is beyond me!?!?

Was SOOOOOO hoping I would never have to see him again. Oh well, I guess I can always just turn the channel and watch something else during his act! (hee, hee)

suzybeezy 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-31-04, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzybeezy Click to send private message to suzybeezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
I've seen Rich Vos perform live and he's much better. I think they must sensor alot of his act. I strongly recommend if you get the chance to see him perform, you try it. He's very natural and doesn't stick to his scripted routine like alot of comics do. I perfer him much better live.

08-31-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
Yep, I'm over Dat, too. I liked him the first couple of times, but then...nah. Mordal absolutely bored me, again. LaHaney nah..blondie...never. I was just very disappointed in the whole show. I agree with above mention that Voss apears uncomfortable in front of the camera (as does London) which makes me uncomfortable. Anyway, it's good to agree and to disagree. Keeps our minds active and fresh. That and jumpin and twistin...or is that just me?

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-01-04, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Dat Phan again!"
AMEN! I did not find Dat Phan amusing at all the first season (except when the other comics talked about how not funny he was). Besides, didn't he steal a lot of his act from Margaret Cho...?! (At least his first season routine. I could not force myself to watch him again this season.) "Ha ha, my mom speaks English as a second language so she has an accent. She hasn't integrated into some parts of American culture the way I have; I'm just so much more hip than she is. I'm going to make fun of that now and mock her accent." C'mon, Dat Phan, if you're gonna rip off the Notorious C.H.O. then at least choose the more amusing parts of her act.

Kellar 69 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kellar Click to send private message to Kellar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
And that whole
>Godfather thing last season made
>me and my Italian friends
>extremely sick.

Ok, enough with this #####! I am tried of people inhering to stereotypes, Italian this Italian that. There is more then one ##### crime syndicate in the world. God, I hate Francis Coppola!

Anyway, Rich Voss is what you can call a real stand-up comic. He knows how to work a room, deal with hecklers, drunks, smart-##### people and all the like. But, being up on an stage like that is the equivalent of working in oblivion. Two minutes to gain rapture with the audience, two minutes to work your timing out, and two long minutes to hope your ##### flies. This is not real stand-up or even a reasonable why to determine who is funnier then whom.

08-31-04, 07:57 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
Woah! Aren't we getting a little personal there, dude? I'm not sure what you mean by "inhering to stereotypes" (inhering?) but friend, I'm sorry, those very stereotypes you are referring to are exactly why we were bugged by his antics in season one. I don't happen to be Italian, but my best friends are, and what they hate is people like Rich playing that stereotypical roll with the whole godfather wannabe bit. And regarding the crime syndicates? I belong to an ethnic group that holds one of the most ruthless and reprehensible crime syndicates in the world, so again, I'm sorry, but I don't get your point.
Rich Voss may be what YOU call a real stand up comic, but I've seen his act around for years, and to me he is nothing more than a pompous boor, and yes I spelled that correctly! According to Websters:
Boor: (2) a rude, awkward, or ill-mannered person
As for having ample time in this edition of LCS to get their groove on, I fully agree that two minutes is a huge challange. I think that may have been the point in round one. Very tough indeed. I personally do improv dinner theater on a regular basis, and I truly have experienced the agony of defeat as well as the thrill of victory.
For future reference, feel free to disagree with me, I love intellectual banter and I think that disagreeing with one another without getting personal is what keeps our minds sharp and playful. However, if you're looking for a fight, I'd prefer you do it elsewhere.

Kellar 69 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kellar Click to send private message to Kellar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
>Woah! Aren't we getting a little
>personal there, dude? I'm not
>sure what you mean by
>"inhering to stereotypes" (inhering?)

I’m so ##### embarrass, I can’t believe that I used the word “inhering” Jesus I must be the most stupidest individual in the world. I don’t even know why that’s wrong but anyone who can properly use the word “boor” can explain it to me in simple terms any day. No ill will here I just love learning something new everyday and I guess I don’t have any illusions anymore about who is the big swinging ##### on this board. I’m perfectly aware how hostile that’s sounds, sorry it's my sad attempt at some type of humor.

Still, you kind of come off a little hostile over the fact that some Jewish comic on a reality show is being dub the ‘Godfather’, I have no problem with that. But where in the hell does being Italian or not even factor in. This is so Asinine or dumb or foolish.... ##### I don’t know which word works. Dam it all to Hell, Vixie could you pull out your Websters which you seam very fond (is that the right word)of using. See what you have reduced me to, second guessing myself.

And regarding the crime >syndicates? I belong to an
>ethnic group that holds one >of the most ruthless and
>reprehensible crime syndicates in the >world, so again, I'm sorry, >but I don't get your >point.

Now here my chance to name you ethnic background. You are either Jewish (murder inc. anyone), Irish, maybe Mexican Cartel, Asian Triad or Yakuza, not Chechnya because your not in school (sorry bad joke, turn on CNN), the Turkish Grey Wolves have been know to throw it down, India trying to take over film, Russian my personal favourite, I consider Al-Quida to be crime syndicates and they are somewhat reprehensible. So I believe that you are Muslim or at least Middle East (doesn’t really matter at the end of the day) or a White Republican/Democrat, American are so stupid.

Back to comedy, Improve is a real blood-sport and I’m being serious here, the amount of preparation these people go through before a show is staggering. And image trying to get an audience on your side in the span of two minutes. Dinner theatre on the other hand I’m not go to touch because I’m going to inhere to your advice and try to keep this clean. As you say lets keep this playful!

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
Unfortunately, we saw the bulk of the "good" comics last night - but, I agree with others that the 2 minute time limit didn't allow them to get the crowd warmed up and laughing. Tonight could be truly lame with a couple of exceptions.
Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Jonner_311 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-31-04, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jonner_311 Click to send private message to Jonner_311 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
I thought there were a lot of weak performances last night. I am finding I am liking Tammy more and more every time I see her. She was not one of my favs at all at first, but for some reason is becoming one. I also thought Todd had a good set last night, and he is another comic who was not one of my favs from season 2. Other than the two of them I thought Alonzo was alright too. Overall season 1 comics didn't make me laugh last night. Also I am pretty sure Jessica's time on the show will be quite short as I predict her leaving tonight.

That's my thoughts on the first show for what its worth.

08-31-04, 07:39 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
Funny, I agree with you about Tammy, who was not a fav but I enjoyed last night.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
I never saw the first season. So I was looking forward to watching them. My biggest question is why did Dat Phan win? I don't understand how he was the funniest of anyone.

09-02-04, 07:39 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
That is a good question. A real good question.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
IMO, he got America's vote because America felt sorry for him. The other comics were "mean" to him. I still laugh when I think about the hide-and-go seek game!

Not sure how he won the head to head comps, though.

09-06-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
I'm thinking it depends upon who he goes up against, and the odds aren't too good for the Phan-man (UGH! that was a terrible nickname, woman!)

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-04, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
How did he win?

We may see the same material several times but remember they are getting new audiences with each competition. Hearing Dat for the first time--his stuff is funny, he has a lot of energy, he works the audience. So he rolled over the others on the head to head competition.

By the time it got to the audience voting you also had the underdog storyline going. Then add in a weaker set from Ralphie May at the final and Dat wins.

09-09-04, 10:28 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Okay, am I allowed to bash in this forum? Not Rich Voss again!"
I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head, Zazzu! I did LMAO the first time I saw him, and agree that the final set for Ralphie was weak. I gotta say, he was funnier this week than I ever remember him being! Good for him. I still didn't vote for him, since I liked others better, but that's the way it crumbles!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •